September Stars

Sorry to hear about OH's nan Teeny, glad today went well. Sending lots of hugs :hugs: also great that you get to see Chance! must have felt like an eternity!

I'd love to crotchet but sadly, I don't think I have the patience for those things. I tried knitting while pregnant with Ellie and just got frustrated quickly, and couldn't work the needles well. I gave up quite soon after that.
I was looking at crocheting magazines the other week actually and considering buying on and giving it a go after seeing all of the lovely things that Asher has been making! but I decided not to waste my time :blush: I'll leave it to the experts ;)

I don't know if anyone has seen in my journal, but I have an appointment for induction on the 10th October, so just a teeny bit under 13 days until I get to meet our second beautiful daughter. I'm super excited.
I feel a tad guilty at the moment though, as even though I passed the GTT test my sugars have been creeping up higher and they're classing me as having it again now, and I'm seen at the clinic. I had high sugars this morning after having half a baguel and a banana, which I didn't think was TOO bad. I cut the baguel in half too to try and make it a little better :-( but the problem is I'm totally addicted and craving chocolate, sugar and sweet things. I keep on eating cake and chocolate and can't stop having it! With Ellie i cut it out and had NONE from 30 weeks until she was born because I didnt want her to be affected by it. This time I have carried on eating cake and chocolate every day and I feel awful. I've just finished baking a batch of chocolate flapjacks and they smell and look gorgeous. I keep thinking I'll only have a tiny bit but I'll probably scoff a lot of it :wacko: I feel like such a bad mummy at the moment for it!!

Plus today I've already had a flapjack at the coffee morning to raise money for cancer trust, then I've had about 6 squares of dark chocolate! So I really shouldn't be eating any more :dohh:

How exciting SR, not long now.
As with the eating treats it must be so hard to not give in to temptation. You are not a bad Mummy at all. You are seen in the clinic and you do know to limit sugar intake which I am sure you are doing apart from days when a little bit more is needed. Baby girl will be just fine sweetie. Enjoy these last few days and don't beat yourself up about it. We are all guilty of sometimes indulging in too many sweet things (especially me!).
Just look forward to meeting your daughter and not worrying too much. Xx

I agree with Teeny, SR. Maybe you've had your overindulge day now for this week! But I wouldn't worry too much if you've had a dodgy day. Not long now til you meet little lady! So exciting!! X

Happy Saturday everyone, DH has gone back to work yesterday, and is there this morning too, boo hiss. I am missing him more than I thought I would, and typically, yesterday morning when I had loads to do, get Sam ready for nursery etc, Olly was really unsettled and clingy. He's been great up to yesterday and then he chooses to be a horror!! Got a few bits to do today, mum and dad got back from their hols yesterday so we've got visits to do, and then we're off out to some friends this afternoon. :)

13 days holy poo!!! :wohoo: that's crazy beans!!!! I eat tons of cake, slightly worried as they took my bloods to check for GD and I didn't realised :rofl:

On the chat on Facebook about husbands, mine was away for 3 weeks working, came home for under 2 days and left for a 3 day stag do...it cost so much we had to cancel taking the girls to the light show that we do most year :( I can't begrudge it too much because he doesn't really do anything but at the same time blurghhhh!! Plus rosalie is being a proper poop at the moment to th extent he even considered not going because he felt guilty mwa ha ha. Serves me right I guess as she has been so so easy.

Oh Asher, it's so cute that you miss your husband. It's lovely! Olly was always going to be a horror on the day you were busy as this is Sod's law! �� Xx

So it's still all go this end. Chance has been accepted for school transfer and starts at the local school on Wednesday. As you can imagine its all the associated things now like new school uniform, hair cuts, paperwork and no doubt tears and tantrums.
I have just received the paediatricians letter with the diagnosis of ADHD which is great timing as I can pass it in to his new school. Perhaps this way he won't be labelled as the naughty kid as they will know he has this condition.
We visited our first choice secondary school today and its scary to think my baby will be off there next year. :-(

We have so much going on but finally it all seems to be coming together at last. Give it a few more weeks and hopefully life will be back to normal. FX'd anyway!

Just washing Chances suitcase full of stinky horrible dirty clothes! I'll be doing it all bloody day as he didn't keep clean and dirty separate! Doh. Anyways, I hope you are all well. Enjoy your afternoon. Xx

Do boys ever keep dirty separate from clean?! They're a nightmare! Having said that, I think Alex is hitting puberty quite early as he told me the other day after school that he noticed his armpits smelling a bit when he was hot, explained things to him a bit and since then he has showered every morning before school and again when he gets in from school, he raided his dad's deodorant etc so I've been and bought him some deodorant and shower gel and spray of his own... Will be fighting for the shower it seems! He took his wash stuff with him for the weekend at his mums, including his toothbrush as he said he doesn't have one there, he has to use Nathan's!! I hadn't known that.. Apparently it's been like that weeks. Yuk. Plus he put on a sleeveless sports top to go in that he bought with his birthday money, he's very into how he looks at the moment. First thing she did when she got out of the car to pick him up was say 'oh my god what on earth have you got on! What is this!' (Whilst pulling at his top. He looked very miffed! Poor lad.

Glad chance had a nice time and brilliant that his diagnosis has come through, has your ex calmed down a bit about it yet?

Asher, very strange when the hubby goes back after paternity leave! I'm sure it was just an off day!

Rebecca wow, It's come around so quickly! Don't worry, I had a huuuuge sweet tooth when pregnant with Heidi, I ate awfully! She was fine! (Chubby but fine!)

Argh, Wayne goes away on course on Monday, till the end of October but he will hopefully be home at weekends, then Saudi Arabia for 7 weeks, it has been ages since he's been away! I know we will be fine but it seems quite daunting right now!

I can imagine Louise. You'll be just fine. We will all have to come and visit! ;-) xx

Lol Louise !!! X

Yuck what a horrible weekend - Olivia was constipated during the week so have been giving her lactulose and then Dr prescribed this powder too but yesterday she was in horrendous pain and couldn't even stand up. She was just doubled up in pain and crying hysterically so rang out if hours who told me to take her to a&e - 3 enemas later and a whole load of poo and she's still not great. She won't eat and is barely drinking and I'm a wreck !!! Anyone else's star suffer with constipation ? I don't want this to happen EVER again. She's petrified of going even for a wee now which is also not much fun :(

Oh poor Olivia! That sounds awful. Lilia suffers with it on and off but not to that extent, poor girl. I wonder what caused it? Drinking lots of water should help, I suppose just try to encourage her that drinking water will make her poo better, or syrup of figs works wonders for lilia! They only need a teaspoon but it's really good and tastes delicious (well I think so!) I hope it gets sorted soon, not much fun at all. 3 enemas!!! There must be a reason for it. Have they checked for any bowel conditions or lazy bowel or anything? X

Nope not checked as its the first time anything like it has happened - I'm hoping it will never happen again but I have no idea what caused it as she is such a good veggie and fruit eater. Do you give Lilia the syrup of figs everyday ? X

Poor Olivia :( that sounds traumatic, I really hope that's the end of it how horrible for her.

Louise you are amazing lovely I'm sure you will be fine, robins never away for as long, but I imagine its kind of the same mind frame. You don't think about the end you just get on with it and you sort of change the way you are I guess. At least I seem to be more efficient when robins not home :rofl:

Laura no, I give her it at the first sign of her having difficulty going or her poo being hard and it almost always solves it straight away. Even if it's the first time I think they should have checked, it's not a normal thing to happen! Oh and be aware, I hadn't realised but carrots, bananas and full fat milk all bind you up and can lead to constipation! I was shocked when I heard it about carrots and full fat milk. I changed lilia to semi skimmed and it made a difference to her too x

Blob yes you kind of just knuckle down and get on with it! There's no other option really haha, it's not too long, it will be done and a bit of extra money for Xmas too!

Laura poor Olivia. Elsie had terrible constipation as a baby and used to scream and shake because it was so painful. I sometimes had to push next to her anus to get it out, it was awful. The doctor prescribed lactulose but the problem is they have to drink plenty of fluids for it to work so may be no good for Olivia. :nope:
How is she now? Xx

Louise, I hate feeling like a thread killer! :blush:

Chancey is looking at his school tomorrow... I really hope he likes it. :shrug:

SR, how are you feeling honey. Really not long now. :thumbup:

She isn't a big drinker which I think ---may be a factor but she's never been a big drinker anyway. Today has been traumatising tbh - she won't go to the toilet at all - she's done 2 wee's and that's it. She's crying if I even mention going to the toilet... I have no idea what to bloody do :(

You poor things. I don't have any advice but I send my love and hope you manage to resolve this very soon. Xxxx

Bloody hell, Alex has come home. Remember I said about the comments she made about his sleeveless top he chose to wear? One he bought with his own money... Well he told her that he chose it himself, her reply? 'Well I hate it because men that wear tops like that beat their wives.' What the actual f*!k!!!!!?!?! She knows Wayne sometimes wears those, it's like she makes comments like that to make Wayne look or sound bad without thinking that she makes Alex feel shit!! What a stupid thing to say!! I want to cut off her head with a shovel and then bury it in the ground neck up and plant a cactus in the stump!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->