September Stars

SR- I agree with Louise I would get her settled in ASAP as you will get your alone time with Georgia and as Louise says Ellie might feel pushed out if you do it as soon as Georgia is here. Ollie at first didn't understand why Rosie came home with me and he stayed at nursery so I can only think it will be a lot different with a new baby.

I called earlier and arranged for her to start properly on the 14th, so after baby is here but will take her to settling in sessions before then. Her "bestie" goes to the same nursery and so she's super excited she gets to see him and play with him all day. I think that will be a huge win with her!

SR I can't believe Georgia is only 9 days away! Exciting! Sam struggled with Olly's arrival and his introduction up to nursery, but I think it was more because he knew daddy was off and at home and he felt left out of that. Now hubby's at work again and he knows it's me doing everything, he's fine really. I'm just trying to do nice things like go for our lunch somewhere after pick up. He loves it. Not every day obviously, and not somewhere plush, just sainsburys or something!

Oh! Forgot! I had my first swim today since Olly! 18 days postpartum, did my mile! Woo hoo! It wasn't easy, but it felt good! Yay. :)

Blooming eck asher, I'm about 346 days postpartum and not convinced I could do a mile!! Haha!!

Woo Asher that's fab :thumbup: go you!!

SR I cannot believe she is so close!!!!! :shock: rosalie is going to nursery after this one is born, though I think it's slightly different because we have been talking about it for so long? Sure she will be ok, just focus on her and how much fun it will be for her?

I'm sure it will be fine blob! It was just my thoughts.. Lilia was going to pre school before we moved and she's not now, I think I need to get her back in as she needs the stimulation I think! Especially if I go to work full time from January, that will be a big shock after mummy being around all day every day! I wish I had family closer so I wouldn't have to put them both in nursery full time :(

I didn't realise you were thinking of back to work. Are there teaching roles nearby for you? Xx

Chance seems to have had a good day. Lets hope it continues. Xx

Am really glad Chance got on okay Teeny. He looked very smart in your FB pics. Xx

:hugs: back to work will be a shock after being with your girls all the time :(
I wasn't meaning anything about your post ;) I did the same with tab, settled her in early and started a new routine before Rosalie arrived. This time I haven't because she isn't allowed to go yet, she's too young for nursery in Scotland yet. But she did tell me today she was going to grow up after the baby arrives...I think she's going to take it badly.

Glad Chance had a good day :thumbup:

Lilia seemed to be ok when Heidi arrived but she seems to have real difficulty every now and then, she adores her sister but finds it hard when we are praising or clapping Heidi for doing something and don't automatically do it for her too, like for example we stood Heidi to try to get her to take a step, or she will walk with her push along toy, and lilia then will say what about me?! I can do it! It's our fault really, must make sure she gets the same x

Oh teeny, I don't want to go back full time! Really I don't but we are so so skint we can't afford for me not to work any longer, and I would be daft to hold out for a part time music teacher job because they are very few and far between. I am applying for a job in halstead which is about 40 minutes away, it's actually the same town Alex goes to school ok but a different school. The opposing school I think! The job looks good, it's head of music within an expressive arts department, it's sole music teacher so I would be teaching every child in year 7,8 and 9 and the gcse classes. I've always been sole music teacher in my jobs so far, it's not uncommon for a music teacher really but it means much more work and longer hours as every after school club will be on me, and also it's a hell of a pile of reports to write haha!! I think I will be fine when I'm there, trying to remember that there are lots of holidays, but the thought of the girls being in nursery such long hours is killing me :( at least when Wayne isn't away he can collect them early on a Wednesday and Friday x

The job sounds great Louise. Hard work but fun. I am sure it's such a tough decision to make but to make ends meet I guess there really is no choice. :-( I admire those that manage to work and still be Mum.
I hope you get the job you want. Xx

Sounds scary Louise, will be better than you expect I imagine :hugs: in all seriousness we would need me to start earning a real wage if robin was going to stay on the same wage. He has had a promotion but payrise :gun: so will be giving them the v's soon and hopefully getting him somewhere better. Just no good at all when you are so skint :nope:

How can they justify no pay rise with a promotion Blob? That's not right. Xx

SR, how many days now? Xx

Seems to be the same everywhere doesn't it. When my boss left last year, who was a pay band higher than me, I was initially told I'd be "clinical lead" and not managing the service. Turned out I was managing the service on the same wage after all, but if that was a problem, there are lots of lower band jobs to go for....... And that's the nhs! So frustrating. We've now merged with another local service, so there are two "team leaders", clever way to make us managers without calling us managers and paying us as such. He's doing my management stuff whilst I'm on mat leave, and apparently I'll be being called clinical lead when I go back. Red tape and crappy. And apparently my own boss, health sec Jeremy Hunt, wants to take away the 1% pay rise we're supposed to get next year! Fab!

In other news, me and Olly bobs both have colds. He has snotty eyes so I foresee a trip to out of hours GP over the weekend.

We are a full of cold here too Asher. I hope that both you and Olly bobs (so cute!) feel better soon. Xx
I am having an unusually lazy day today! Must get motivated.

On another note, my sister is TTC at the moment. AF is 3 days late but BFN. Is she out or has anyone else had late BFP? Xx

I think it took a while to get my bfp this time and I have a friend who took a week longer to get her positive than it should have?

I have no idea how they can justify it, he's training up other guys coming out on thier first trip on the same wage. I want him to just turn around and say no, that he won't be lead anymore and will go back to dossing around...but he needs more challenging work so really it's almost time for him to move on. If they paid him what he's due them we would be able to stay a bit longer :hissy:

Pregnancy drags at this stage :rofl:

Poor olly <3

Is there similar work out there for him which pays more Blob? Or would it have to be a change in career?
I guess it slows down as you are close but not quite close enough! Less than 8 weeks though!
I have heard that some people do not get a BFP for a while but she is so disheartened now that it is upsetting. Xx

Aww Tina I have my fingers crossed for your sister! I got both my bfps before af was due because I was impatient, but I'm sure there were people who had them much later.

Blob, it's wrong that they do that, there must be loads of offshore work about! Would he be tempted in any of the Dubai type work? 2 months on 2 months off type thing living over there?
We are all full of cold now thanks to heidi, luckily Wayne is back for the weekend so he has helped me out with the children!

Asher poor olly, I hope his snotty eyes aren't anything bad, Heidi had really snotty eyes all the time as a newborn! Was forever wiling them with water as cotton wool, but then both of them have suffered with conjunctivitis too, it's not nice. It's ridiculous that changing your job title does you out of a pay rise or increment, I had that issue at my first job, I was the only music teacher and head of the dept but because it was within a performing arts dept they decided to give the head of performing arts all 3 salary points, for music drama and dance even though she did nothing to do with music or drama, I had to write reports for the whole school, assess and monitor alone and write all schemes of work get got paid as a normal teacher! So annoying!

Sr not long to go now! Next week? X

Hiya ladies, thanks of your love for Olly. He's not too bad, feeding well still, and slept 11.15-6.30!! Craziness! He's just snotty and has gunky eyes. I've been bathing them in cold black tea as I read on the internet that doctors recommend it due to its antibacterial properties!

Not too long to go now Blob, about 8 weeks? And SR, isn't it tomorrow for you? So exciting!!

Happy birthday to JJ, hope he has a fab day and likes his cake!

My big Archie is 9 today. It's gone so fast! If someone had told me on the day he was born that on his 9th birthday we'd have 4 boys, I would have laughed them out of town!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->