September Stars

Ah I didn't get the job, thanks for thinking of me! It was very close apparently but I wasn't surprised, one of the men who went for it was so strong, I would have employed him too!! My lesson went ok but not brilliantly which I wasn't surprised at after not doing it for so long but they said my interview was brilliant and it was a tough choice but ultimately came down to the lesson as it was the only way to differentiate us. A bit disappointed but pleased it was positive and not a load of rubbish, there will be more jobs :)

Blob I haven't done any Xmas shopping yet! It's Heidi's birthday next Thursday and I haven't bought her present yet!

Aw pants not good to not get it, but you will be SO much more confident going for the next one? :hugs:

It's tabs birthday next Saturday :lol: no idea what i got her!! Just got so much to buy with baby coming too so figured I needed to be organised.

Sorry you didn't get it Louiise. Sounds as though it went well though, especially as it's your first one in a while. The next one has to be easier now you've done that one. Xx

I've done some. Christmas shopping ,not loads but most of our friends kids, when the toys were on offers in supermarkets! We've got the boys a fee bits too, more to get though!

I have just started getting a few bits, got Rosie a wooden dolls house as I wanted time to set it up and decorate it for her, really struggling for Ollie at the minute.

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job Louise. It sounds like you did a fab job though so well done. Xx

Going to start Heidi's birthday cake today, can't believe she will be 1 on Thursday! Unfortunately it doesn't look like Wayne will be able to be here at all for her birthday but he's trying. I hope he makes it! Out of his 4 kids she is the only one he has seen through from birth to 1 without going away, and what a shame if he misses her actual birthday!

I have an idea for a cake but can't find any like it online so making it up as I go along! White cake with a teddy bear sitting on top, with 5 building blocks spelling Heidi and a few little flowers and butterflies perched around. I hope I can create something like I am imagining!

Sure you will Louise, if you ave photos and you want some help just message me.

I'm going to make a giant cupcake in princess Sofia theme for tabs, because its eaassssyyyy :)

Aww Louise that will be pants, robins missed both girls birthdays this year...hopefully he will make this babies birthday :rofl:

Rubbish isn't it blob! Feel like the kids miss out but they probably aren't as bothered by it as we are!!

Thanks for offer of help! I am going to use Rice Krispie squares on the inside of the building blocks rather than big blocks of fondant and then going to put squares of icing in each side and then pippe the edges! Seen some like that online so will have a go! And I found a blog showing how to make a fondant teddy but it looks quite hard but I have time to tweak it I suppose. Any advice on the teddy would be fab!

I've found ricekrispies really annoying to work with, I find using some cake and making like cake pops? So get all the cake cut offs or bake a small cake and mush it up with icing? Tastes better and you make th squares and then put them in the freezer and add a bit of water to them so the fondant sticks? I'm a bit lazy and that works for me ha ha.
You tube the bear, watching someone properly making it is so much easier :thumbup:

The girls don't seem to mind robin not being here for birthdays, I think because he is away so much so frequently they don't get used to him being at home? I'm not worried about birthdays but I'm really sad about Christmas :cry: I really really miss him not being there, he doesn't know any of our traditions because he's been away since tabs was 2.

Louise sorry you didnt get the job but hope another one comes up soon. In regards to Wayne and sex think majority of men give little affection during the day then expect action in the evenings.......dh keeps complaining that I don't show affection but if he's constantly an arse then I don't want to either..... I don't think you are alone in this. Must be though not knowing others yet too.... I've been home a lot this week and only spoken to mum or seen her a couple of tomes this week and by Friday night I felt like I was going mad and bored so can't imagine how tough it must be for you at the moment :hugs:

Teeny great news on your sisters bfp - happy belated birthday

Asher I play words with friends however I'm rubbish at it lol

I've already bought all of jjs Xmas prezzies and just need one more for flo.... Then just nieces and nephews , had to plan in advance as on such a tight budget. How much do you guys spend on food shopping including toiletries per week. Just one pack of nappies and tub of milk is £16...... Annoying thing is I know we won't be that much better off once I'm back at work either.

JJ has started waking in the night crying sometimes takes us half an hour to calm him down can't tell us why upset not even sure if he's actually awake.... Not sure what we can do its only been since his dummy has been taken away but he never asks for it nnor be bothered about it but it must of enabled him to settle . problem is when he wakes crying it then wakes flo and she gets upset, it seems the past week she's got sensitive to others emotions so when JJ cries it upsets her ;-(

Rosalie has been waking sometimes in the night too jelly, she just seems to cry for no reason (other than my guess that she needs to go to the toilet). She cries and I go through and she stops and then starts again 5 mins later.

I've finished all my list for the girls, think I have my mum to finish and robins two little cousins and then I'm sorted. Feels like a relief to have it all done really, tabs birthday this weekend then just wait for baby to arrive... :rofl: I'm really not ready, makes me feel a bit panicky ha ha does not feel real.

Is JJ having bad dreams? Riley wakes every night and ends up with us. It's awful. We try putting him back and then about 2 hours later he is back in. It's hard. I hope you figure out what's wrong and that he can get a good nights sleep again. Xx

I have started Christmas shopping but not for the children. I am stumped as to what to get them. They have so much already and don't play with it. :-(
I want it all done by the end if next month but I doubt it will be.

Maybe the crying thing is age? He did say bad dream Thursday night but apart from that he doesn't make sense what's wrong.

Oh blob 34 weeks baby will be here soon...... Does anyone ever feel totally ready for a baby? I don't think I ever do.

I've had about two hours sleep tonight Flo crying for dummy or waking for a feed that she hasn't needed in weeks , JJ crying through the night then wet the bed this morning. Hope to catch some zzzz this afternoon famous last words.... Thank god I'm not back at work having to concentrate all day and look presentable.

I hope you managed some sleep Jelly. X
Blob, wow, time is flying! Your bubba will be here so soon. X

What are people buying their toddlers for Christmas? It's so hard to think of things they will actually play with. Elsie is so hard to buy for too... What do 18 month old girls like?! X

Asher, how is Olly? And SR, how is Georgia settling in sweetie? Xx

For JJ we bought him the octopod as his main prezzie, plush Kwazi, couple of cheap board games - just need to get his stocking fillers. Flo I've got her an activity triangle, plush jemima puddleduck and will also be getting her a sleepytot bunny.... Did have Sophie le giraffe but given to her already as past week she's been routing for something to chew seemed silly keeping it back.

Teeny- I am struggling with Ollie, we may just get him a bike or something and then cars cos really that's all he like :haha: Rosie we have bought a wooden dolls hues, as there is one when I drop Ollie off at nursery and she is obsessed with it.

We got rosalie a bike last year :)

Scooter
Dress
Sparkly shoes disney
Mermaid cup disney
Princess socks
Writing/art sets
Sleeping beauty dressing up (girls are mad for dressing up)
Hand bands
New pjs
Belle/mermaid dolls
Tutu skirts
Fluffy hat
2x soft toys
DVDs

They have way too many "toys" they just don't play with them, so I wads going with their love for anything princes/pretty. Also grandparents will spoil them with more dressing up stuff ha ha.

I'm getting lilia a little wooden kitchen, she got one for Xmas last year but it was a cheap plasticy one and it's rubbish and she's not interested, I think she will love the wooden one and they are on offer at the moment. For Heidi's main present she is getting the fisher price laugh and learn musical chair, it's hard to think of something that isn't similar to something we already have! Then a few other little bits and bobs, for the boys I really have no idea yet, Alex has asked for a blender lol!

Oh and jelly, lilia has woken quite a bit recently at night but she has also had a diarrhoea and sickness bug so it might have been down to belly ache a bit, but she still has her dummy in bed so settles fine. Maybe he is finding it harder to get back to sleep without his dummy even if he doesn't really want it?

How many other stars still use their dummy? I was really hoping to take it off lilia when she turned 3 but it doesn't feel like the right time, I think we might have to leave it out for santa along with mince pies and a carrot!

Oh that reminds me! We are making some donuts for the elves this year! Using Cheerios, put icing and sprinkles on the top and present them in a matchbox! So excited!!

Blob glad you are organised! It's hard planning for Christmas anyway but planning for a winter baby too is even harder! Not long now, need another bump pic I think!!

Louise- Ollie still has dummy at bedtime, we are going to take it away at Christmas too, I am hoping it works :haha: love the doughnut idea for the elves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->