September Stars

I HAVE NEWS!!!!!! she's not waiting any more!

Baby ivy Lola is heeeeeerrreeeee!!! Born at an unreasonable time of night/morning. Little girl 8lb9 she is soooo chubby. She worried everyone during labour and has most definitely made her mark as a little sister. ❤️❤️

Congratulations!!!

Yay. Congratulations Blob. Love the name. And all the best people are born in December :haha:

Ahhh I can't wait to see the photos and baby. Congrats Blob :)

What a little gorgeous chub! Well done you. Rest up and enjoy your new family. Xx

Is anyone else feeling really disorganised over Christmas? I have got most stuff but all the little bits and loose ends now. I feel like I am never going to be ready! Aarrgghh! Xx

I've lost track what I've bought for everybody, just keep looking it all in our office but haventbhad a chance to get it all out and see what's what.

Getting my last bits in town tomorrow then ready for night sessions wrapping

I am nearly ready for Xmas just my Dad and sister to get, but I have a full wooden dolls house to decorate and build for Rosie and just not having the motivation to do it on a night when the kids go to bed. I am going to get it down and look at what I am going to do tonight cos I want it done and dry at least a week before Xmas.

I am surprisingly ahead of the game, actually! A couple of weeks ago I was feeling way too sad and overwhelmed to even think about tackling the usual photo greeting card and family photobook that I usually do. It means sorting through the year's worth of photos and then assembling ten pages, and we do two versions: one for each side of the family. We do photo books as our only gift exchange with family we are not with over the holidays, as it's small and keeps the young cousins connected to each other between visits. Anyway, I was absolutely despairing of this task this year. I had told people not to expect them until about March of next year! :) Grief really drains you of energy, you know?
But over this weekend, I saw a Cyber Monday sale of a 3-for-1 on the books and sat down and just did the bloody things that afternoon. Cards, too.
And I felt awesome!
Of course, I still have to write the xmas letter and address all the envelopes and get the stupid things into the post, but it felt really good to do something normal and xmas-y.
I think I am sorted out for the boys and just need to get some picture frames for the adults and I should be done?
I am probably forgetting something important in there, but it feels under control at the moment, so I'll take that while I can! :)

It sounds like a very positive step for you Sarah. I still send my love and we will be thinking of you and your family over the festive period. I am a little jealous that you seem to have Christmas preparations under control. Go you! Xx

I have bought mark a photo frame which takes 10 photos from the kids. The last time I tried to get some photos together the kids wrecked the joint and I gave up at 5! Lol
I would love to do a photo book as I think they are a perfect gift but it would take too much time that I do not have unfortunately. :-(

I have just had my first Christmas accident! Running to stop Elsie pulling the tree apart and stood on a bauble! ;-) These pesky kids. Xx

I'm completely disorganised! I've got everything for Lilia except 1, need a few more for Heidi and Alex and got hardly anything for Nathan! A couple of bits done for family. I'm giving them photo calendars and cookie jars!

We did our tree this afternoon and boy did I get walloped by the grief train. All that stuff you hear about that first year and how hard the holidays are without the deceased? Yeah, just experienced how true that is. Blergh.
It was just a few stupid ornaments that had associations with him and I was a weepy old thing for a while. God, I miss him. And I am just so angry that he didn't get his chance to sort his life out. Addiction is such a shitty shitty disease.
But then, two little crazy boys were so excited about their tree and life just keeps on.
It's just going to be like this for awhile.

Tobe is in that stage of inventing excuses for getting out of bed. This week, it's hiccups.
"Mama, I have hiccups in my mouf. And down in my tummy. And down my leg! I need water wight away!"
Seriously, how can you stay sad when the little ones are just so funny? :)

Sarah :hugs:, I'm not looking forward to Christmas without dad this year but at least it's been 6 months for me to work through some of the grief and I think it must be easier than losing a sibling. :hugs: nothing I can say to make you feel better just incredibly sorry for your loss

It sucks, doesn't it? :hugs:
I can well imagine how hard it will be without your Dad, Jelly. :hugs: Ian's death was certainly tragic, but loss is loss, you know? The six months might make a difference, but I wonder about this time of year. The holidays are about family and our families aren't the same anymore. It's a big, painful adjustment.
There is this big part of me that still doesn't even accept that this has happened. That he is just away somewhere.
I had a really good day today though. I spent great time with both my boys and felt mostly my usual cheerful self all day. Hoping for another day like it tomorrow!

Thank you all again for your kind words, by the way! It helps a lot to be able to just blurt out what I am feeling right now and have support and understanding. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->