September Stars

Just a very quick one for today...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you. May 2014 bring you good health, good times, and many new happy memories. Xxx

Wishing everyone a happy , healthy and prosperous new year!

Louise we were ok but a friend of ours was without electricity for over a day . Lockmeadow is still closed due to the damage. It's good you and Wayne are starting to talk things through, I can't imagine having to leave a child so young for 9 months.

Everyone's too busy dieting!

Dh and I have had a Barney tonight I've been wrapping the baby items thinking we were storing them in the loft for couple of years before deciding whether to have baby no3 or not.... Dh assumed we were giving them back to my sister for her to sell on......... I m not ready to say flo is our last baby so I'm currently in a bad mood sulking and not eating the dinner hes just cooked ...... Actually think I might go to bed I'm so cheesed off

Argh! Hate it when they seem to just decide something in their head despite plans etc! You never said flo was your last did you, store them, I'm storing ours although I still am not sure we will have another, some days I think yes and some I think no, but happy as we are for now regardless! X

Oh no Jelly, what an unpleasant situation. I always think its best to store things just in case anyway. My loft is groaning under the weight of baby clothes and bits and bobs! I guess it felt like he had taken the decision away without talking to you.
Did you convince him to store them in the end? Xx

I've persuaded him to put them in the loft until my sister can pick them up ..........in the hope all will be forgottton !

I'm in the opposite camp.
I have finally said no more! :nope: to the baby bits in boxes under the eaves and have kind of sort of not really but maybe almost decided that two fine sons are enough, and my husband (also a big fan of purging and de-cluttering) sort of knocked me sideways when he rolled his eyes at me and said, "giving away baby clothes (and all the other expensive paraphernalia), does not mean that we will never have another child. Relax!"
Which I intend to interpret as "spend all you want on that last kid"! :haha:
That last kid that will never ever ever maybe sort of happen! :nope::shrug::blush::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::nope::baby: :shock::nope::nope::blush::haha::dohh::dohh::dohh:
( Hmm. Despite what those random yet complex string of emoticons may be insinuating, I am NOT knocked up!)

Hi Sarah, how are you lovely?
You wait, you will give it all away and find out you are pregnant again! I guess if you have mostly decided on no more then why keep it? I do however, love your thinking on buying whatever new bits you wanted should baby no 3 happen! Xx

I think we will definately have a number 4 at some point. Perhaps we will try late into this year for a 2015 baby. Meaning that both boys will be at big school (which scares me to death! ) and Elsie will be at nursery too.
For the time being however, I have the arrival of a new little niece/nephew in June to keep the broodiness at bay for a little while. ;-)

I hope you are all keeping well, and losing those lbs! Xx

I know it's so quiet, I keep popping by to see if it's alive :haha:

I don't think it will ever completely die - just seems to go quiet for a while and then picks up again.... Xx

I think its because fb has really picked up recently but I much prefer on here as don't know some people who post on Feb (does that sound rude?) :blush:

Really trying to make this year positive, as last year with everything I went through think I was on the verge of depression. So far I've started to try and make more of an effort with my appearance, joined running club on Wednesday to not only learn to run but also to extend my social circle and it gets me out the house religiously once a week, trying to be proactive with meeting up with friends and filling up mornings with going to the gym..... All of which seem to be doing me some good.

An old school friend who lived 3 doors up from my family lost her father to cancer last week but I've only found out today. I've messaged her to send condolences and to say here if she needs someone who understands what she's been through and will go through ..... Just hoping she hasn't taken offense or I've over stepped the boundaries as I haven't seen her in about 15 years . just didn't want her to go through how I felt isolated with no one going through the same thing I had in relation to cancer treatment etc

Jelly, there's no way she'd be offended. When Ian died, I heard from people I hadn't talked to in years, and I had so many people that were more acquaintances than friends tell me that they'd lost someone to addiction and that I could talk to them if I needed to. It helped me so much to know that others were thinking about me and sending support and sympathy. You totally did the right thing. :hugs: Don't doubt it.
I have been coping really well for ages and am finding myself suddenly really sad again this week. I am almost finished clearing all of Ian's stuff out of our basement. It's old clothes and junk and nothing to grieve over or hold onto, but I'm almost out of the chore-type stuff and I think maybe that's freaking me out a bit? I think I need to find some other positive ways to stay connected with my brother. I am even contemplating finally pulling my poor old violin out and starting to play again. :-({|=

Something to occupy and have some closeness of Ian isdeginitelyvthe way forward. Think it's a cycle of ups and downs which you just have to work through.
Big hugs Sarah xx

Grief is just so weird, eh? It's certainly not a straight line through the ol' seven stages. I'm nowhere near even being through the acceptance stage. A huge part of me still feels like Ian is just away somewhere.

On happier (?) topics, anyone else feel like they are parenting a three-year old teenager right now? Tobe is seriously driving me up the wall with his moodswinging. Lucky he's cute…. :grr:
I have been thinking how well I timed these two boys. They should hit the worst part of teenagehood just as I gracefully enter menopause. Oh, the hormonal battles that will be waged in this house. We'll have to give out awards to whoever can be Most Irrational, Most Unpredictable, Most Moods in One Hour, etc. I have a feeling that my husband will take the cats and come back when it's all over! :)

Lol Sarah that made me laugh ! He can be the mad cat man xx ((( hugs ))) I'm extremely close to my siblings and I'm not sure I'd ever get through the acceptance stage tbh.

Jelly - I completely get what you mean about only a select few of us still
Posting here and Facebook being quite public even within our own group. I sav anything that's more personal for in here as I know only a few will see it xx I think messaging your old friend was lovely xx

I'm having a nightmare with Olivia - shes suddenly started wetting herself (4 times this week) an today she even poo'ed herself. She's been toilet trained for well over 18 months now and have no idea what's triggered it. I've not been making a big deal out of it but today with the poo I did lose my temper and shouted at her :(

Sarah your luckybtge boys font scream and shout so teenage years they will just huff and puff in their rooms ;-)

Laura - work colleague had this issue with her grandson all of a sudden starting to do poos, they found it was an attention thing....... Has anything changed recently has she noticed Noah's leaking nappy issues? With jj he regressed over Xmas but has only been trained a few months so we had to start really 'bigging him up' each time he used the toilet and thankfully there's been a big improvement

Ah, thanks, Laura - I was very close to my little brother, too. Trying to get my head around the fact that he won't be teaching my sons violin or showing up to cook us messy, fabulous meals or sending me some silly message - gah! Just can't get my head or my heart to accept it.
Um, Tobe is nowhere near potty trained. He chats about it very cheerfully and knowledgeably all the time, but just as cheerfully avoids the toilet. Sigh. I feel your pain? :dohh:

Jelly - with both parents having classical theatre training, I have a feeling that huffing and puffing might be too subtle for my sons. And as Simon and I are both Capricorns, I'm pretty sure we're fu*ked. :haha: I may just film it all and sell tickets to the show. And if husband and the cats think they are getting comp tix, they'll be in for a nasty surprise! Menopausal women get almost as many get out of jail free cards as pregnant women do, or so I've heard...

No posts at all so far this month..... Hope everyone is ok ?

Olivia got over her toilet issues as quickly as she started them so I think maybe she had a bug or something ?? Glad she's back to normal anyhoo. I've been staying at my mum and dads as I've been ill and suffering with vertigo - really strange that was ! It was so nice to have adult company in the evening though !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->