September Stars

Wow its been really quiet In here recently.

Had a lovely Easter with my mum sister and family - JJ still has chocolate left now but its the first year of knowing what Easter was and he loved it. Flo is starting to pull herself up on furniture and stand also had a few holding on walking steps she physically progresses so quickly I won't be surprised if she's walking before her first birthday.

I'm back at work 5 weeks today :-( so wish we had a good enough salary for me to be sahm. Got mixed emotions at the moment - I'm not feeling as depressed as I have in previous months/and think a lot of that is due to the running and met a couple of people I would class as good friends now. I'm slowly getting through clearing the house (recycle/charity 2 bags of clothes today) clean house clear mind! I'm feeling anxious this month too as it will be a year next BH that dad died this sounds weird but it almost confirms he's not really coming back - this year has been full of many firsts first missed birthday, missed Xmas, missed anniversary etc but after this year it will just be another year without him ( I know this sounds stupid but its the only way I can explain it). I still really miss him so badly ;-(

I'm hating how I look at the moment I'm shocked actually just how big I've got so starting tomorrow I'm back on 100% slimming world and logging on MVP. Also aiming to do more running to lose a stone before I'm back work.

How's everyone else doing ?........ If anyone's out there!

Helloooooooooooo - anyone there ???

I can't imagine how you must feel Jelly - I am incredibly close to my dad and can't imagine my world without him. I hope that the first anniversary of his passing wasn't too difficult for you all. Lots of love and hugs xxx are you coming to Louise's camping trip this year ? X

Hope everybody else is well - I'm gearing myself up for my driving test at the start of July. I cannot wait to be on the road !! Anyone got any news ? X

Thanks Laura - I have mentioned to dh about Louise's but he doesn't want to drive and I think it's too far on my own via the train with two. What date was decided in the end?

Back to work two weeks today ! And I'm still trying to sort out the house maybe it's a never ending task!

I'm back!

Jelly, I am sending my love to you. I can only imagine how hard your first year without your Dad has been. He knows you adored him and he will live on forever in your heart and mind.

It's great you are enjoying the running and this has given you an extra focus, and the fact that you have met new friends is a super bonus.

I am afraid to say that I think sorting out houses is always a never ending task! I am forever sorting and throwing stuff out but the jobs seem to pile up further. :-( I am sure you have made a huge difference but don't get too bogged down in it.

Good luck for the return to work. Xx

Hi Laura my lovely. Well done on your theory test. Once you are on the road in July it will open up a whole new world.

AFM, it's been a long 6 months. Today funnily enough is the beginning of my 'back to normal' journey. The kids have driven me to a near breakdown and so it's time to have a tough mummy crackdown.
I am hoping to stop BF and get some of myself back. Wish me luck! Xxx

Teeny good luck with the back to normal - have you got any plans ? How many times are you bf a day at the moment ? How is Chance getting on now since his ADHD diagnosis?

Elsie still feeds all the time. All day when she gets the chance. She thinks every time I sit down its time for a feed!
Chance hasn't been too bad lately. Perhaps he knows that we have all been a little stressed and so has tried to be good in order not to get in to too much trouble!

I do feel very stressed out at the moment and not myself. I'm sure I will come out the other end soon. Life seems very challenging at the moment Jelly. :-(

I feel your pain Teeny - my life just seems to be a constant juggle yet there is nothing in particular going on. Just feel like every day is a little crazy and I have so little time to myself. Think that's why I'm throwing myself into learning to drive so I can have some independence xx

Hope your week goes well with the BFing stopping xx

DH is off this week hence the help with giving up BF. However, he is in such a shit mood lately that he has asked me to wait a bit longer to stop. :-(

Teeny what are you going to do? Will you wait, that's pretty selfish of him . Is there anything in particular that is making you stressed? If its any consolation my dh has been in a shitty mood for months :-(

Laura once you pass the driving you will wonder how you ever survived. I miss my car when it goes in for mot just for the day! How are you finding it with just you and the kids?

Flos birthday is coming up in 3 weeks any ideas of what I can buy her , she plays with so many of jjs toys or old toys I'm stuck of ideas . I've bought her a fisher price musical tea set and that's it so far

What about a trike of some sort Jelly ? With summer coming up I bet she'd love being out and about in something like that ? I think 1st birthdays are really hard !! Are things still a little rocky with you and dh ? X

Teeny that is mean of him and I'm all for sharing and agreeing on stuff re : kids BUT the bfing decision really does lie with you. I hope you can sort it out X

Thanks for asking Jelly - I do find it hard on my own but I have a great family support so am very lucky. I wish I could sometimes just hand them over to ex but there are still so many things I am uncomfortable about. I cannot wait to be on the road !! I've spent so long being petrified in a car it's been a long journey but one I'm determined to succeed at. Am also looking to start a degree in September too which I'm excited about xx

Oh exciting what degree are you thinking of taking? I'm thinking of doing childcare in the evenings as a back up if I move jobs or even try and set up my own childcare in the future.

Things have improved alot between dh and I but still nowhere near to what we used to be. I think moving house, dads battle with cancer, losing dad and baby has probably been the hardest test in our relationship in 13 years but we are gradually working through it. We've even discussed TTC no 3 late 2016 IF I lose a good proportion of weight (I know for my kids I need to shift this weight). I'm hoping once back at work and kids both in nursery we could have a couple of date days - Cinema, lunch etc as we rarely are able to go out in the evenings and I think we really need it to start appreciating each other

You have had an awful lot to deal with in the last year or so Hun. It's understandable that things have been rocky. Some date nights sound like a great idea xx

The degree I'm looking at is health and social studies.... Just need to look abit further into what kind of job I'm going to do when it's complete. We're dummy weaning at the moment and I'm exhausted after 2 nights of crap sleep !!! Zzzzzzz

Hope everyone else is good xx

How's the dummy weaning going? With JJ we told him he could take a toy into bed with him. He's been good without for about 10 months then being ill this week with tonsillitis he asked for a dummy completely out of the blue. Hope it's going well for you!

I am so f'ing stressed right now. It just seems that every single day for as long as I can remember there has been something to make me cross, make me worry or make me anxious. I just want to scream right now.
Every day is like one long battle either with the kids, DH or the new puppies.
Aaarrrggghhhh! Rant over!

How are you ladies that still swing by here for a visit?
Anyone else still low or are things looking up? Xxx

I'm sorry things seem tough Teeny xx I seem to have weeks like that and then it seems to get better again. New puppies ??? I must of missed that ! Good luck I think a puppy is harder work than a newborn xxx

Dummy weaning has been awesome if I'm honest. Not once have they been asked for and so they are all in the bin !!!

I'm bricking it I've got my driving test soon and am so worried that I may fail. I'm desperately trying to not think about it !! Xxx

You didn't miss the puppy news, it's the first I have said about them. We have 2 ruby cavaliers called Teddy and Roxy! I am trying to love them but I still miss Rosie terribly. :-(

That is awesome about the dummy weaning Laura. I praised the day that Riley gave up his.

I was going to ask about your test. Think positively my love. Think of the freedom it will give you and the children. A huge good luck for when you take it.

Yesterday I went cold turkey with taking Rileya nappies away. He was dry overnight which is fab but is so scared of pooing on the potty. He won't go but I guess eventually he will have to. Wish me luck! Xx

Teeny sorry your having a rubbish time at the minute. Good luck with Riley and his poos. Ollie is still a faff when it comes to pooing his poos are so big it doesn't matter if he is doing one a day they are still so big and hurt him so he holds it in whic obviously doesn't help he does eventually do it but it takes home a while and he is sat on the toilet a while bless him.
Good luck with the test Laura. I failed mine five times and have just started back up again I am determined I know I can do it just silly nerves on the day.
Also well done on dummy weaning I am going to struggle with Roo she has the same two at bedtime and will not sleep without one in her mouth and one In her hand, saying that I thought Ollie would be hard but took it away at Xmas and had no problems.

I cannot wait for the freedom - I'm hoping to go and stay with Louise in August so fxd I can pass 1st time !

Hey FB !! You haven't posted for a while. Hope everything is good with you guys ? Xx

Teeny - it will be hard for a while Hun. It's such a horrible sadness when you've had a pet for so long xx

I think sometimes the whole dummy weaning is harder on us than them !! Good luck with toilet/nappies to both of you xxxx

Hello ladies!!

I have been reading but it wouldn't let me reply.. Just realised it was because I was logged out lol!!

Teeny I'm sorry things are tough :( I hope things improve quickly. How are things with Dh? Puppies are so cute but such a lot of work! How's Riley doing on the toilet? X

Laura was lovely catching up last night, can't wait for our weekend!! Tina you could always come down and see us that weekend if you like?

As for me, still on cloud 9 after getting my new job! Overwhelmed and shocked but happy and excited, feels like things are finally looking up and I'm sure it will do me no end of good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->