September Stars

Becs you need to come and live with me! I could do with someone making me chocolate cake! Could you send me the recipe for your banana and choc cake please?

I tried taking Lilia to a baby massage class in the community centre on our camp, but apparently it was a 6 week course and I wasn't allowed to start as I had missed the first one!!!! There's another starting in jan but I dunno if it will be a bit late? I might ring my local surestart centre and see if they have one.

Blob, sounds like a productive day!!

Well I am absolutely bored to tears here! I've been put in the camp welfare/contact house while they repipe my boiler, have the essentials here but not much - luckily it's next door to my house as I'm not allowed the dog in here! (Although I'm quite liking the idea of living next door to the dog!!!!) I'm really missing Wayne tonight, not heard from him for a couple of days..suppose I better get used to it!

Hey girls - especially ladyk and LauraK - Dr. Jack Newman is an excellent breastfeeding support source. Here is the info on the Raynaud's Phenomenon and Vasospasm and tons of ways to treat this.
https://www.nbci.ca/index.php?optio...auds-phenomenon&catid=5:information&Itemid=17

The number of resources he has on every problem under the sun related to BF is pretty awesome. Here's the menu!
https://www.nbci.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=5&Itemid=17

I've used the All Purpose Nipple Ointment and found some relief with it. You need a pharmacy that can do compound prescriptions, though.

Louise, Hope was the youngest at my class and the eldest was 8 months!! I will send you the recipe!!! You are always welcome here!!! We really do need to sort out a meet!! I will have to check to see how far apart we are!!

Completeley selfish post but wanted to share my little princess... Snug as a bug in a rug and getting wrapped up ready for her jabs today....

https://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq279/LJKowalczyk/lllll.jpg

Thanks for those links Sarahkka - Now off for a read. x

LauraK, Olivia is so beautiful!!

I am really really rubbish tonight! It's been a busy old day! Mum came round this morning to sit with Jack and Sam so I could take the dogs for a walk. Then Jack went to nursery, I cleaned around and did the ironing, went to pick the kids up. We went off to a party for a little lad in Jack's nursery class. I paid to get Archie into the play place, and ten minutes later he tells me he's ill. Spiked a huge temperature and was complaining of a headache and sore throat - THE BUG has hit us!!! So MIL came and collected him and brought him home to Daddy. I called in to Morrisons on the way home from the party to buy lots of calpol and ibuprofen, and came home to play nursemaid!!

Thankfully, in amongst the madness, Sam's been a little star all day! Bless him!

So now I'm sat here ready to go to bed and see what the night brings! Really hope Archie's better after a good sleep and that he doesn't wake up and spew up or something!!!

Oh no Claire, hope little man gets better soon. What a day you have had.

What a day Claire! Hope he's better soon and he doesn't smickle the rest of you!

Thanks girlies.... Louise, what does Smickle mean ha ha?!!!

Oh I forgot the best bit.... lunchtime, DH came home for his lunch... Sam was asleep in pram in utility room after the walk back from nursery, I was moving DH's slippers out of my fecking way AGAIN.... I kicked a slipper, and A MOUSE RAN OUT OF IT!!!!!!! I was jumping up and down so high, screaming like a proper girl!! I ran over to the worktop and jumped on it. DH was laughing so hard he said he nearly peed himself.

Hope tomorrow is a better day Claire :hugs: Im pretty good with the whole rodent thing. My 2 cats regulary bring us dead stuff and then my 2 dogs tend to eat the remains if im not quick enough :sick:

I'm on standby again for my sis tonight. More tightenings but nothing else as yet. Grrrrrrr but I am still a little bit excited !!!

Oh yuck Asher! By the way, smickle means spread it... give it to you! It's a northern term I'm afraid, that's what you get coming from the sheffield/barnsley area!!

Laura my cat brings in stuff too when she can be arsed (which isn't that often) but she never kills them, brings them in to play with and I inevitable have to try to catch mice and set them free! I don't mind it as long as I have someting on my feet, can't possibly catch a mouse barefoot!

In fact I have a yukky story... before we were posted to woodbridge i lived in my previous school's caretaker bungalow.. it was a shared house so cat slept in my bedroom with me. One night heard noises, had no clue what it was, thought it was the cat but realised she was snoring on the end of the bed.... looked in the bedside table drawer to find a little mouse, complete with a nest made out of my hair, and a little pile of cat biscuits in there!!!!!!!!!!!! Must have been coming out at night, getting hair off the floor or from my hairbrush, grabbing a few cat biscuits to munch on.... yuk! Wouldn't mind but the cat seemed totall oblivious to the whole thing!

:hugs: Claire , poor Archie hope he's better soon! eek about the mouse! Reminds me of a grotty flat OH and i unwisely rented before viewing a few years ago, we had a few rodenty guests there, was horrible they constantly ate food in the kitchen til the estate agent gave us traps to kill em. OH had to remove them eww :sick: :nope:

LauraK, good look to your sister :flower: Olivia is beautiful :
Becs could i be cheeky and have your banana and choc cake recipe please? It sounds yum !

Hope everyone is well and managing in this horrible weather ! :cold: I have not dared to venture out yet but have got baby group tommorrow im not looking forward to getting there! My poor little man had been a right crab today his teeth are really bothering him i feel so sorry for him , wish i could make it go away for him! Thank god for Dentinox!

Well off to bed for me night night x x x :hugs:

im like that about my feet Louise in fact the foot thing is so bad with me that i could never wear open toe shoes!! Asher you poor thing hope he is better soon, Aww olivia is so cute! Becs i was only thinking earlier how i have not even had time to shave my legs since Oct 29th for being a bridesmaid! But actually they are not that hairy oh well it will keep me warm in this cold weather Haha x

haha LBB i was in the bath before debating whether or not i could be bothered shaving my legs, then decided its winter i will only be wearing trousers this week haha! Pure laziness from me!

argh just typed a whole message out and lost it!

Laura, Olivia is gorgeous, such big beautiful eyes!

I'm going to try my absolute hardest to get a photo of Lilia smiling tomorrow, she has such a gorgeous smile! She gets a dimple at the top of her left cheek, by her nose, which is so cute! I don't know where she gets that from because neither me or her Dad has dimples! Although I have a dimple in my chin and she has got that (which I'm secretly pleased about!) She is so smily normally, she literally just stops as soon as my camera/phone is out! Going to try to get one to send to her Daddy!

One good thing about wayne being away (silver lining) is that I don't have to shave my legs etc for 4 months woohoo! will need some serious maintenance before Wayne gets back... home he doesn't surprise me by coming home a day early!! hee hee can't believe I share this info with people I haven't even met!!

Lilia took 5 oz of her last bottle fine, but yet again when she pulled away because of wind she was really crying and took ages to settle down, eventually did a big burp but was still really grizzly and refused to take any more! I don't think it's necessarily because she doesn't want more, she seems to be in pain.... sometimes I can get her to have the teat in her mouth but she shakes her head and makes 'nom nom' sounds if that makes sense with a strained look on her face?

I seem to be a bit of an insomniac at the moment, I've been going to bed 1/2am and not feeling particularly tired even then. I think it must be because I'm doing nothing at the moment! I'm in a good routing with Lilia, just need to get into one for me now!

every cloud has a silver lining hey lol x

im so at the end of my tether with James' scalp that tonight i have put double base cream on it and then brush his hair and loads has come off! Yay x

Try vaseline hun, I know Lilia only had it on her eyebrows but I put it on and left it overnight and when I washed her face in the morning it was gone! There was only a bit though... i wouldn't know if she has cradle cap on her scalp, she has too much hair to see it!!

James had a fair bit of hair and it seemed to fall out then this cradle cap came put that cream on brushed and it seems to have released hair it must have been stuck to his scalp with cradle cap, i really thought James would have hair like lilias x

I would have been so shocked if Lilia hadn't had much hair! I had loads as a baby, even more than Lilia really plus when I had my growth scan we could actually see it!

I remember living in a flat in New Brighton, Wirral and was happily cooking bread rolls in the oven to make ice buns (yummy) anyhow as I was about to take them out I saw a mouse happily running in circles in the middle of the floor. Absolutely cacked it. I had a snooker cue in the house which my bro had given me just in case someone broke in!!! So decided to stand on the chair and try and smack it one with the cue and lo and behold didn't manage to hit the bugger and to top it all my buns were overdone!!! Bugger I hate mice. Had field mice in our house as we back onto fields and used to find them in the saucepan cupboard so used to feed them chocolate buttons on a trap to get them and it worked a treat. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->