September Stars

Emzy I forgot to say James has dr browns and I find he does the head turning after he's burped midway through a bottle we've put it down to wind and being uncomfortable as sometimes he'll stop the head turning once he's been burped again?? Notsureif this is the same for holly xxx we are still one tears one as these are for upto four month old

Hey there!
I am on my phone so excuse me if I forget anything!!
We went to baby group this morning, it was so nice to talk to other people!!

With regards to the pill I am on dianette as I have pcos and this is the best for relieving the symptoms.

Louise we must meet up, shame the weather is so poo.

My hands are awful, they look like old ladies, all dry and cracked.

How very strange, my hands are soooooooooo dry, all rough too, i always wear gloves so its not the cold, i have had to dig out the moisturiser, mega strength!:hugs:

Thanks Jelly. I don't think it is wind, as she does a different head turning thing when she's windy lol When she's windy she sort of turns her head one way and pulls the teat out of her mouth, so I wind her. This is more like turning her head side to side like she's looking around or something. She didn't do it on her 2nd bottle today, so I'll see if she keeps doing it. Thing is I can't see us switching back to level 1's as she was acting bored on them, chewing on the teat, shaking her head furiously and taking 45 minutes for a bottle. On these she's taking her bottle in about 15 minutes, which is a lot better, I just don't get the head shaking thing! x

Forgot to say hormones definitely affect dry skin, mine is at it's worst just before AF x

Also BTP love that vid of Rosie on FB! So cute. And interestingly, that's exactly how I thought you would sound! You know you imagine how people speak from how they write (or is that just me?!) and usually it's totally different from what you imagine, but you actually sound like I thought you would!

Just been reading the "this time last year I was..." thread in baby club. It's amazing to think how different things were this time last year! I wonder if I was pregnant already seeing as she was born so early? It's weird as I was sure I was pregnant in November but I never tested as AF arrived, but it was a very painful and strange AF which lasted only about 2 days. I didn't test until after my next AF didn't arrive, so I may have conceived in November and not December. Either that or she was actually 3 weeks early. Matt thinks she was conceived in November, especially seeing as she wasn't particularly small when she was born! The dating scan never matched my dates as we weren't exactly 'regular' at that time as we were so busy. We only dtd around what I thought was ovulation time, so she was either conceived around 11th November or 15th December, neither of which fit the date they gave me of 28th August. Wish I knew! Either way, funny to think that I was living in a freezing cold house, newly married, just chucked in my job to go back to uni and was smoking and drinking for England!

x

It is funny looking back, for me I had just lost over 4 stone and Ian was just back from Afghan!!

How strange Louise! James does the head turning thing i wondered if it was to do with his hears thou...do you think thier lil ears could pop with the sucking?

Here u go Fishy, bit disappointed with it to be honest...

SDC10012.jpg

SDC10017.jpg

SDC10018.jpg

It is so weird looking back! This time last year I was on my period, I had a m/c at the end of October and I was worried that it was a sign that I wouldn't be able to have children. Little did I know that in less than a fortnight we would be conceiving!

LBB did you get a chain with it??

no it didnt dont know why...unless they just paid for the pendant cos it was from my work collegues x

It is so weird looking back! This time last year I was on my period, I had a m/c at the end of October and I was worried that it was a sign that I wouldn't be able to have children. Little did I know that in less than a fortnight we would be conceiving!

Awwww hun Lilia was obviously meant to be...everything happens for a reason! xxx

Im going mad here Honda are driving me insane!!!!!!!!!!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

x

Woohoo! Lilia had her 3rd bottle of the day about an hour ago and had 7ozs in one go, no break!! Took her ages to burp then, but she did let rip a mahoooosive fart as soon as I sat her up! She sat on my lap for a while, and after about 10 minutes did the biggest burp, I actually felt it all the way from her bottom! I wonder if it was just trapped wind? We'll see how the next bottle goes down at bedtime but I feel loads better now. She also has only done a little bit of sick since, whereas she is normally chucking up for a couple of hours after!! Her sick is pretty clear though, I'm thinking it's dribble that she's swallowing? She does dribble a LOT at the moment!

The HV said it could be reflux and to take her to the GP if it wasn't better in a day or two... erm... it's friday tomorrow, no doctors all weekend! Plus we're stranded here although a snow plough has just done my road! Which is good because we're right on the edge of the army estate and they don't normally bother... maybe I will get to go into town tomorrow and send my gorgeous hubby a christmas parcel or two yay!!

Sorry for selfish post!

thanks girls for the replies on the mini pill, the combined pill or anything with those hormones will either make me sick, put on loads of weight or just turn me into a bitch... never been on the mini pill as i am awful at remembering but i have tried everything else

i posted to that thread about this time last year, i wouldnt have in a million years believed i would be married with a little girl, this time last year me and g had split up dating other people and i had just realised what a mistake i made leaving him and started operation “get grant back”...well it worked...:happydance:

I have also had very dry hands, thought it was my bubble bath or i was washing hands more since having paige.

we have had hardly any snow here...just a bit icy, wasnt it snowing this time last year too ??

Sarahkka- yes my nipples look like they have no blood in them and go white for a while.... she has a weak suck and has never been a baby to use me as a dummie. I will look into this, thanks honey x

LBB- why are you not happy? looks ok from the photo, have to admit i like the little charm bit fishy adds to those she make... What was the necklace like? The one thing i think would look better is printed lettering rather than hand written in the silver... just read your other post, there is a option for pendant only x

Angela, doc has put me on another type, but im going to ask to change to cerazette now u said its ok.. hope you and paiges twin sister ameila are doing well... btw your profile photo, had you just given birth to ameila? because you look so slim ......x

Louise- we think paige has reflux and has started to be sick, only a little and its clear but smells strongly of acidic....paige is on gaviscon x

ohhh for all those of you who have toddlers aswell... how do you cope ??... no, really how do you do it, i want another baby but apart from work hating me if i did get pregnant again i am worried how i would cope with two little ones....

Evening ladies :)

I ventured into the snow today and went a brought a dress for my brothers 20th on Saturday whilst my OH had Kimi for a few hours...it felt so good to be able to get out although was freezing :(

I have HV on Monday and I'm feeling pretty good about things now...will be taking her to get weighed on Tuesday as wasnt able to this week due to the snow :(

Its my anniversary tomorrow. One year!!! :kiss:
It's been a hard year but I'm so happy and I'm hoping we can have many many many more years to come :)

Quick question to anyone who had a c-section = 9 weeks on and still my scar is sooooooooooo painful... is this normal or should i ask my HV/doctor??? Just worried that its not healing well...and i'm itching to go horse riding again :)

I cant remember anything else sorry :nope:

Big hugs to all the babies and mummies

xx

Geeez too much to catch up on today :dohh:

Sarah i hate days like that :hugs:

I tried the mini pill last time and it gave me awful mood swings so i dont use anything now.

I'm feeling totally trapped i got so bored i started to paint the livingroom...MAD

I have really dry hands also its rubbish :(

Toddler and baby isnt too bad only when Tabs is having a bad tantum day i want to cry loads.

Emzy, Yes i do know what you mean about how people talk, I have always been told i am really posh sounding, but when i hear it on vids and the like i can here the Somerset in it!

Lol to how do you manage with more than one!
Tbh it is easier the more you have, my eldest is fab, he does chores, like hover up, if Rosie is crying he will pick her up for a cuddle and she loves him!
The next 2 down are 10 and 7 and they play really well, they have their ups and downs and times i scream like a banshee at them but generally its good!
Sophie is the biggest handful, she is nearly 3, but i am hoping the demanding stuff is a phase:haha:

Time to go, Rosie just woken up from her nap! :hugs:xx

Kara - i dunno i just thought it would have had a better fininsh really, on the website they look all shiny (i had beauty shot on my camera thats why it looks shiny!) and perfect and tbh the prints are a really dll darks grey but on the website they look all nice shiny and clean lol! x

Louise - thats fab hun x

Evening all!!!

Well more snow is on its way, I am so sick of it now!!!

Cooked a yummy tea and then baked a chocolate cake!! It was a nice way to relax as Ian has control of Hope LMAO!!! Had a nice shower and even washed my hair and shaved my legs!! I am on one tonight!!!

Louise, you should try and get on a baby massage class, they are fab! We got taught some brill techniques for relieving wind etc and it really works!!

ladyk - is it weird shooting pain, especially in your nipples? And do you notice if your nipples are blanching at all? They go completely white and the colour doesn't come back for awhile. If so, yu may have the Raynaud's condition that I have. It's basically bad circulation to the extremities. If your baby was really chomping on you for awhile, that can damage blood vessels and cause the same thing.
Other suggestions from my BF clinic for me:
Vit B6 and lecithin supplements. Those often help with unexplained breast pain.

This is really helpful - I have been getting shooting pains and my nipples do blanch after feeding in fact they seem to have stayed white since I started feeding Olivia. Thanks for that info. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->