September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Thank you carebear. I hope so. I need to know everything looks great and then I'll feel a lot better. It feels like it's been forever!!

Ya, it feels like forever for me too. My last ultrasound was March 11. Hoping when I see my doc Wednesday that I'll get to book in an ultrasound like that day or thursday!
Excited to hear urs and more gender reveals!!

Hi ladies,
Back from my follow up anatomy scan and I couldn't have hoped for better news. First, the tech was able to find and see the baby's face almost immediately and all was normal, so that was great. Second, as hard as she pressed down my belly from different angles, she couldn't find that amniotic sheet, so she wanted us to wait to see the doctor. Then the doctor came in, confirmed everything looked good, told us well done - baby had moved to an entirely different position, and he couldn't visualize the amniotic sheet either. So he said we don't need to worry about it now and that the baby probably pushed it to the uterine wall or something (which is what I hoped would happen) :happydance: So he said it's not a concern anymore if it's not interfering with the uterine cavity.
So we left with a great sense of relief! :flower:

MrsR - fingers crossed about your dog! And congrats on hitting 21 weeks and can't wait to hear all about your anatomy scan next week :flower:

So sorry to hear about your scare wantabby. So glad all is ok. Good luck with your scan!

So pleased all is well christi!

Good luck for your scan Mrsr! Bet you can't wait!! Hope all goes ok with your fur babies appointment too!

No good update from me :( another episode of bleeding and doctors are concerned about little ladies growth. She's was measuring a few days behind at our last scan where they diagnosed the separation but now she's well over a week behind. I'm hoping it's nothing rather than the alternative of there being issues with the placenta. I'm absolutly worried sick now. Really just wish I could have a straightforward normal pregnancy. So now it's weekly scans and if they are very concerned about her weight in the coming weeks it's possible she may be coming early into the world. Hopefully it's not going to come to that.

:hugs: I'm so sorry maryanne. Hope you're still resting and your little lady catches up :flower:

Oh Maryanne I'm so sorry :( this little lady is a troublemaker already. I will be thinking of you- hopefully her growth will pick up and the bleeding will settle down soon.

Oh Maryanne I'm sorry to hear your news. I will be thinking positive thoughts for you and her.

Maryanne, sending you positive vibes. Glad your doctor is monitoring you.

Oh Maryanne, I'm so sorry to hear of a new bleeding episode and your other concerns :hugs:
Could they not tell if there are any issues with the placenta?
Glad you'll be having weekly monitoring!
The other thing to keep in mind is, you're already on week 21 and babies are viable outside the womb as early as 24 weeks along. Then as early as 27 weeks, they are over 90% likely to survive nowadays (and in fact, I have a friend in the UK who had her baby at 27 weeks and that baby is now a healthy 2 year old doing very well). Not that anyone would want the baby to come THIS early, but at least you can have some reassurance that, were she to come a few weeks early, she would definitely be viable and then in good hands to address any other issues coming with prematurity. Also, the growth thing could be incidental, as different babies will all have different growth spurts.
For now, try to think positive and get as much rest as possible.
Update us when you can. Seems like you're in good hands and being closely monitored, and that in itself is reassuring :hugs: Hugs and prayers your way :hugs:

Thanks very much ladies. Trying to think positive at the moment, there are no major concerns with the placenta with what they can see, but the consultant said he's concerned by her lack of growth and the fact she's falling further behind. The hospital have been lovely though, and I have a tour of the early baby unit tomorrow just so I can have a chat to staff and see what goes on there just in case little lady is brought into the world earlier than we would like. Still hoping she will be ok to carry to term though and once the placenta heals properly she will catch up. This little lady is a trouble maker already lol.

Thanks very much ladies. Trying to think positive at the moment, there are no major concerns with the placenta with what they can see, but the consultant said he's concerned by her lack of growth and the fact she's falling further behind. The hospital have been lovely though, and I have a tour of the early baby unit tomorrow just so I can have a chat to staff and see what goes on there just in case little lady is brought into the world earlier than we would like. Still hoping she will be ok to carry to term though and once the placenta heals properly she will catch up. This little lady is a trouble maker already lol.

This is great news! I'd think they would be able to see it on ultrasound if there any big problems with the placenta. Glad you're touring the hospital - hopefully it will put your mind to rest a bit. And absolutely, it's very possible your little lady will still stay in there 'till term :hugs:

Hello ladies,

maryanne, Thank you for your kind comments about my fur baby and my upcoming anatomy scan. I'm so sorry you are having another scare. I'm praying your little lady will catch up. A lot of women's baby's are behind and then do just fine. Just make sure to take care of yourself and rest as much as possible to help with the placenta healing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and baby.

Chrisit, I'm soooo happy your follow up scan went perfect!!! Thank you for your kind comments about my fur baby and my upcoming scan.

I just realized I joined BnB in May of last year!! Holy moly how time flies!! Almost a year already!!

Awesome news Christi! So glad everything is ok!!

Praying for you Maryanne!! Hoping the little miss catches up soon!!

Worked my last shift last night :( have really mixed emotions about it- im relieved as I have been in so much pain due to my spinal fusion and the resulting twisting of my spine and pelvis.... sad on the other hand as nursing is a major part of who I am. I can truely say I love my job and feel like I am letting the the team down and also my family down (financially).

:hugs: Bug. You're also growing your family and doing what's best for them. Are you out for the remainder of your pregnancy or do they re-evaluate you?

no im done for the remainder- if things follow the same pattern as with Iain (which they have been so far) it will only continue to get worse as this little critter gets bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->