September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

awww babyfeva that is so sweet!

im sure once this little one is old enough to play with they will become great friends (unless they are like my sister and I who fought non-stop haha)- can't wait to see them playing together!

Bug I'm going to leave it until I'm a lot bigger and she starts really asking what's going on. I'm sure when baby is here she'll be fine.
Yesterday we bought some gifts for my best friends baby and that was enough for my daughter to want to stay at her nannies house and not come home with me lol!

I really can't wait for my daughter to have a sibling!

On another note I met my friends baby last night and she is so gorgeous, I'm even more excited about meeting my baby!

Carebear hee hee when I was little it was great having my brother and sister around to play with. We still get on great now so I'd love to have that for my own family. If I am lucky enough I would love 3 children at least :)

I had always wanted 3 as well... but DH wants 1 (he's an only child himself). So we'll compromise and have 2 :)
I'm 34 now anyways and don't really want to go past 35 but I will for the last one.
I have 1 brother but he's 10 yrs younger. We've always gotten along great! I used to have to babysit him and loved to torture the poor kid but even now we still get along.

My dh wants 4! We have 1 son and one on the way so that means 2 more after princess if we are physically able to. Although to be honest I doubt that very much. ive said I don't want any over 35 so guess it depends how long ttc will take. If it's 7 years again it may end up that two are plenty. I have always wanted a big family though.

We are quite happy with 2! Lol. I like my sleep too much for any more!

I've always said I'd like 4 children to my OH and he says 2 or 3, so the compromise is 3!

Just thinking I have no appointments now until 28 weeks....that's ages away!

Ideally, I'd like another one after this one...with Sean being 7 (or very close to it) when this baby is born, it's going to be somewhat like having two only children. Yes, I'm sure they'll play together in this baby's toddler years, but then I feel like the age divide will be a bit more pronounced as time goes by. Sean will be nearing the end of middle school when this baby starts kindergarten, etc. So maybe another would be good in a couple years. Just not 7 years again!

How about names? Anyone have them yet, thought of them at least? We've been struggling. I work at a children's hospital so I've accumulated a long list of "hell no we'll never name him this" names, but very few real possibilities that we both like, that sounds good with our surname, etc. It's the number one question now from people, now that we know he's a he. I'm thinking of either just not telling anyone his name until he's born (if he gets one by then, lol!) or telling every person who asks a different outlandish name ;)

And nursery themes? That seems to be the number two question and it's kind of driving me crazy. Maybe it's just the way people ask- "what's his theme?" umm...he's a baby. the theme, in general, is pooping his pants and crying. lol. I'm not sure why it bothers me. I don't feel the need to have everything matching to a T, and didn't really with my first, either.
That being said, my husband is lobbying hard for a pirate themed nursery but I'm not sure I'm going to go for it....I already gave in and had a pirate themed wedding cake!

Pirate themed wedding cake? Sounds like fun! We had kind of a background hockey theme to our wedding :) hubby and I are both hockey fans.

I was at a family function yesterday and that's all I got. What are you having? Find out Monday... what names do you guys have? Ugh... hubby won't talk names till we find out the gender. I think it's cuz we talked names early last time and then had that loss :(
Well, you must have names? Yes, but I think hubby will nix them all so why bother. Plus, I'm not sure I want anyone to know our names as it may change before baby is here and I definitely don't want to hear their opinion. I told a friend some on my list and she said most of them were ok. Weren't on her 'hell no' list. Lol! She's a teachers aide in kindergarten so she has a long list as well. But I don't want her no list. I want mine! I'm afraid to share my names with family. Definitely don't want them turning their noses at them.
And also got the, what colour/theme for nursery. Well, I guess hubby and I will decide after we find the gender. If we get to see the gender today. Hope so!!! I don't really want a theme either. I'll pick some colours for sure and paint but I agree, doesn't allllll have to match!

My little guys name with be a family name so he will be the 4th. Theme-wise we're going with sports and baby animals (primarily puppies) and the main color will be blue!

Oh I hate the name questions!!! It's all we get at the moment. We have only told a handful of people we are having a girl, we didn't want everyone knowing babies sex, only close family and friends. But everyone still seems intent on knowing our name choices. We want them private though as then people can't comment on them. Feel like shouting at them that if we arent sharing the sex then we aren't gonna share name choices.

As for nursery themes we are kinda along the 'we don't have a theme' theme. Only thing we are going for is lots of pink. Pretty and cosy is what we want.

Scan tomorrow, time to see if little lady has grown at all. Fingers crossed she has and the separation is healing.

We have no names yet- we will do what we did last time. Both write out our lists and then compare them. Although last time our lists were so completely different it didn't help at all.

As for the nursery- we are just reusing the crib bedding from Iain which is Winnie the Pooh- so we just painted the walls green to go with that bedding. That's pretty much as far the theme goes though.

Good luck tomorrow maryanne!! Hope ur little princess is doing well and u r all healed!

Hope all goes well tomorrow Maryanne, let us know how you get on.

We haven't yet discussed names, I am starting to look at them now. I have a boys name I like but like bug, me and the OH will write a list each and compare. We did this with my daughter and we didn't have any names the same lol!

We are going with multi bright colors and different paisley/flower prints. Pink, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple. .

My inspiration 2015-05-04_13.39.18.jpg

And as far as names we are pretty set on Adaline Grace.:kiss:

Good luck tomorrow maryanne! :hugs:

I too have an OB appointment tomorrow, but it's one of my regular monthly check ups, so I expect it to be super quick with a 2-minute scan as always with my OB. I am going to ask though what the plan for prenatal visits is in the third trimester, as I will be 26 weeks next time I'm seen, so very close to the third trimester at that point. So I hope after that appointment (4 weeks from tomorrow's one) he starts seeing me every other week or so.

As for all the rest, let's see: we do have a name for our little boy but we've only told close family. Both names are Greek derived (one from history, one religious - the latter also used to be my Grandpa's name), so we've gotten some surprised reactions from the American side of the family, even though both exist in English. I guess they were expecting a more 100% anglo-saxon name (good luck with an opinionated Greek Mom and a Dad who is a history geek and who calls himself an 'honorary Greek' after marrying me :haha:). For hubby and I, it's important that he knows his half heritage (from my side) and we wanted names that existed in both languages, since he has family in two countries. We do get the name question kind of a lot too. It doesn't bother me much, but hearing some of family people's opinions did, lol. Luckily my husband is really good at telling them 'it is what is it is, get used to it', lol. Now they're all used to it and like it!

As for baby nursery themes, we'll either go with cute dinosaurs or jungle animals, but that's mainly for curtains and any wall decals. I agree, not everything needs to match! However, because I plan to breastfeed exclusively and have the baby in our room for added convenience during the night for the first few months, I'm more concerned with finding a good co-sleeping basinet that can be attached to our bed than nursery decorations, since his 'room' will be his changing room and play room only for a while. I do get a little annoyed too by the theme questions. It's a darn newborn people, lol :haha: Well put MrsG :thumbup:
Speaking of co-sleeping, we had some family friends over yesterday (in their 60s) and they really tried to tell me that I'd be regretting it, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night etc. etc. once they heard what our plans were (after the question about buying nursery furniture). I respect everyone's opinions and frankly, there are pros and cons with any parenting choice one makes, but I found it rude and a little disrespectful on their end. I didn't ask for anyone's advice, nor do I care about what they think. It didn't help that my mother in law chimed in to say that she kept both her children in separate rooms because she'd be too stressed out otherwise about monitoring their breathing and wouldn't be able to get any sleep (am I the only one who sees the lack of logic in this argument? :wacko:). Whatever, I just wanted to tell all of them 'good for you, you did what was the norm at those times, now just shut up because you're not going to make me change my mind' :wacko:
Maybe I'm just hormonal :wacko:

Christi I co-slept with my daughter until she naturally stayed in her own bed around 20 months old. I don't regret 1 min of it and will do the same again.

I plan to co-sleep beside our bed in a bassinet for 2-3 months and then move to crib. You do what's best for your baby. Noone can tell you that!

I co slept with my son too. Nhs guidelines here recommend babies stay in parents room till 6 months but my son stayed with me till 18 months. We are planning on the same for this baby. Bought a chicco next to me crib for when baby is young and then cot will be put up in our room as and when baby needs it. Just politely tell people that you will do what you feel best for your baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->