September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

With Iain i was adamant I wasn't going to co-sleep... Until he arrived and would ONLY sleep if he was held on either mine or my husbands chest for the first five weeks. Slowly we transitioned him to sleeping in the swing beside our bed (again another no no before he was here lol) and finally to a cradle beside our bed. He moved into his own room at about 6 months. so this time I have no plans- whatever happens happens.

Good luck tomorrow Maryanne!

Back from the 20 week scan!!

It's a...

BOY!!!

:wohoo: :happydance: :cloud9:

Can't post it on facebook group yet since my gender reveal with the parents is Saturday and my friend is on there.

Attachments

• IMG_20150504_193754.jpg
    IMG_20150504_193754.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20150504_193809.jpg
    IMG_20150504_193809.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 5
Yay carebear!! Congratulations!! :happydance:
Wow, boys are suddenly multiplying in this thread :hugs:

Congrats on a boy Carebear!

Best of luck tomorrow Maryanne!

As far as names, I think might be Angelina Marie. As far as themes, I'm not sure. I don't want to make a big fuss. Things may change tho...

Congratulations carebear!! What cute pictures!! And look At his lovely long legs!! Wow!

Thanks everyone :)
Must be long legs from daddy. My DH is tall... looks like he also got his big forehead :dohh:

Back from the scan. Things are a little clearer now. Basically the part of the placenta that separated was the part that was over the cervix, had a placenta previa, knew from early on but was told it wasn't an issue as would more than likely move. But now it's seperated it will be harder for it to heal back onto the cervix than it would elsewhere in the uterus. The consultant said basically it's gonna be weekly scans, as she is behind in growth where as before the separation she was measuring perfectly. There is no damage to the plancenta that is obvious but they can't rule it out due to her lack of growth. But for now she seems ok with a nice strong heartbeat and she isn't behind enough to warrant too much worry so it's just gonna be a take it week by week thing and reassess the situation after each scan. I'm pleased though as he said it doesn't automatically mean I won't carry to term, I still could. Just may need a cesarean. Which although I don't really want if it means my little lady comes into the world safely then I don't mind :) im so happy. Things don't seem half as bad as I thought they were.

Maryanne - sorry you still have to worry and have weekly scans (though that could be a good thing for reassurance), BUT 1)I'm glad that things are much clearer now - it's important to know what you are facing, makes it easier to watch/treat, 2)it's great that you were told you still have a good chance of carrying her to term :thumbup:, and 3)it's great that baby girl is doing well in there with a good strong heart beat, even if she's measuring a little behind.
Keep us posted, stay positive :hugs:

I'll soon be off to my OB appointment. Will update later, though this is one of my routine appointments, so not expecting much news.

Glad things are looking up Maryanne- it good they will be keeping an eye on you with weekly scans- hopefully this will help ease some anxiety.

Good to hear your update Maryanne, sounding a lot more positive now :)

I have to have another scan at 36 weeks because my placenta is really low, only 1cm away from my cervix, it should however move up like it did with my daughter.

Back from my OB appointment. As always, quick and not very detailed (in my untrained mind anyway). All was good, baby had normal heart beat and doctor was happy with the report he got from the anatomy scan clinic.
I will be going back in 4 weeks (when I'll be 26 weeks along) and at that point he also wants me to do the sugar test (yuck, I was hoping to avoid it, but no such luck!).
I asked though what their visit schedule is for later in pregnancy, and he does see women more often in the third trimester, so after the next appointment I hope I start to be seen more frequently :thumbup:
Also, I'm up by about 6lbs. since the beginning of the pregnancy.

In other news, hubby and I have registered for some of the prenatal classes offered at the hospital where I'll be delivering: childbirth classes (over 3 weeks) starting in late May, and then an infant safety&CPR class in mid June and a breastfeeding one in late June. I'll also be registering us for a baby care class, hopefully for sometime in June/early July.

Christi, we're doing classes too. Starting next month. It made me feel like I had a bit of control over the things I don't know. Glad your appointment well.

Thanks all, feel so happy and positive now :)

Glad your appointment went well Christi. We are gonna do some classes too. Breastfeeding classes and just general annetnatal classes which cover a bit of everything. It's all they offer where we live but we are excited :)

Glad ur appt went well Christi :)

I'm hoping I'll get some info on classes at my first OB appointment. See what's offered in our area

Congratulations Carebear!!

I'm glad you had some reassuring news maryanne! Hopefully little miss is just petite, and will stay to term!!

Christi, I will be taking the classes offered by my hospital. One for breast feeding and the other for Birth if I'm not mistaken.

Hello ladies!! Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. It's been a busy week already!! So...IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!! His name is Lincoln Terence. Terence is my dad and we just like the name Lincoln. Of course people have been like "oh like Lincoln Logs, or oh like Abe Lincoln?" Yep...just like that. We don't care...call him whatever you want. He's perfect! The ultrasound tech said everything looked normal, but the radiologist will look at the pictures/measurements she took and then send the official report to my doctor who will then call me and tell me the scoop. Praying for no surprises. He was measuring 5 days ahead and weighs 1.2lbs!! He wasn't cooperating at first to show us the goods, so she had to jiggle my belly around quite a bit to get him to uncross his legs. He finally did and was very happy to show us his man parts. LOL!! The only concern I have is because she had to interrupt his nap by shaking my belly his heart rate was measured at 167bpm. It's been around 150-160 at the highest lately. Should I be worried about that? I checked it again yesturday with my doppler and it was around 150-155 again.

wantabby, I'm so glad your little lady is perfect!! I love the picture!! I'm so glad the cyst is no where to be found. Congrats!!

Bug, congrats on your baby boy!!

maryanne, I am glad your little one is looking great even if she's measuring a tad behind. She'll be ok. I love the name and your nursury theme is adorable!!

Christi, I'm up about 6lbs too.

carebear, congrats on your baby boy!!

babyfeva, love the name!!

Anyone else notice their ring(s) are getting a big snug? It's not noticeable if you look at my hands, but my wedding ring is getting a tad tight.

Attachments

• Lincoln.jpg
    Lincoln.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member