September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Wow 4 weeks for some, that's so awesome :)

I still would like to have another, probably in the recommended 2 years (after c-section). Even though that will put me at 36/37 y.o. I've always dreamed of having 2. Although I'm definitely considering a planned c-section. I'm a little traumatized after that labour and EMCS

My ideal case scenario would be to have 2 kids as well. At the moment I don't want to think of another pregnancy/labor though, and I'd always wanted my children to be 3-4 years apart, so if we do try for another one, it's not going to be in the very near future. Right now I'm perfectly happy to devote my time and energy taking care of Hector who is a lot of work anyway :haha:.

That being said, when I was being evaluated for infertility back in 2014, I was warned of a low AMH for my age (reduced ovarian reserve), which may make it harder to conceive in the future if the levels drop too low over time. So this is also something to take into consideration and perhaps decide not to wait as long as originally thought before TTC again, but even so, weighing the pros and cons of each plan of action, as well as other factors like time, finances, childcare and other practical concerns, it still makes much more sense for us to wait a while before trying for another baby.

Like carebear, if another baby does come along in the future, I too may opt straight for a repeat c-section, though I'm sure I will research and weigh all options if and when that time comes again.

At the moment these are all just thoughts, with my pregnancy, labor and delivery still very fresh in my mind and my recovery still under way, and I'm sure how I feel may change in the future. I suppose it's always possible Hector turns out to be such a high maintenance child that we may decide we simply don't have the energy for a second one anyway, lol :haha:
So we shall see how things actually pan out in the years to come, but the way I see things right now, I don't see DH and I going back to TTC for a good 2 years or more :winkwink:

Congrats Yazzy! My little one turns 4 weeks on Monday. Can't believe how fast time has gone by. I'm done with 2 kids. Haha

We have always wanted a large family, 4 children ideally. So we won't be waiting too long before Ttc again. But this time rather than the charting and temping and worrying we will just be leaving it to see what happens and enjoying aurora growing up. We ideally wouldn't want a huge age gap but took us 8 years to have aurora so who knows what will happen. That's party why why can't afford to wait to long before ttc again. But to be honest if it never happens for us again then that's cool as I'm blessed with two beauties already, feel very lucky indeed.

I've always said I'd love 3 or 4 children but now we have 2 I think one more would be plenty....If we are lucky enough to have more.
Great to be home and Jago has fitted in perfectly although after being used to having a girl we are still getting used to having a little boy who can cover you in wee within seconds lol!

Lol yazzy!! My first experience changing Bradley at home, he covered me with pee. Yesterday I was mid-diaper swap and he farted and pooped everywhere!! :rofl: I'm still a rookie with this diaper thing and having a boy doesn't help!

Ha ha carebear I've done it before but seriously this little man covers everything in wee and poo lol!

I've had to wash all 4 change table covers that we have... we've been home 4 days :haha:

Yup I'm in my second boy... And I'm still mopping pee off the floor...

Haha trust me it's been no easier with a girl, I thought I'd done my time being covered in pee and poo with my son, but no, aurora is worse! I had to change my outfit four times today! And need to get the carpet professionally cleaned next week. She somehow manages to aim it off her changing table. Projectile pooing oh calls it lol.

I think I have a nocturnal child! 2nd night of zero sleep as he is constantly attached to my boob!
I'm now downstairs in an attempt to pretend it's daytime as he couldn't be more perfect eating and sleeping in the day.

I have the same problem yazzy. Brad just eats and eats overnight and I get no sleep. I posted about it and got a lot of assurances that's he's boosting my supply and it's completely normal and I wasn't the only one. Made me feel better. he's just starting now to sleep a little bit more at night but I still find he likes to cluster-feed at 2am (my little vampire)

LOL yep exactly!! It's definitely not easy. Found out I get vasospasms so I have to keep my boobs warm. Gonna suck as cold weather is coming. He started cluster-feeding again (every hour). I think we're coming to another growth spurt

Crazy here as well! We too seem to be going from one growth spurt to the next with very short breaks :wacko: Can't wait to get to 6 weeks - a lot of people say that's when things start to settle down.
This week has been more of a struggle than usual to get him to sleep for longer stretches through the day. He used to take 2-3 hour naps 2-3 times during the day, now he's started doing 20-30 minute stretches and maybe one 2-hour nap the whole day :wacko: He's done up to 5.5 hours straight at night though, and we don't wake him up to feed him anymore.

We had his 1-month pediatric visit today and all was good. He weighed 9lbs 6oz, so exactly 2lbs above birth weight :happydance: and he's also 3/4 inches taller than when he was born and head circumference is 1 inch bigger, so he's right on track :thumbup: Only thing is, he has something called 'torticollis' which is stiff neck muscles on one side, so he doesn't like to turn his head on his right side. The doctor gave us a bunch of exercises to do to help him get over it, so we'll see how that goes. All is good otherwise, just very tiring :shrug:

I think the neck thing is pretty common. My little guy has the same. His sleeping patterns sound similar as well. We're doing great mama.

Hey everyone,

Good to hear how everyone is getting on.

After having an easy time breastfeeding my daughter for 17 months we have had the complete opposite with Jago :( even though I've had loads of support he just cannot latch well enough to get the milk he needs. After seeing a paediatrician we realised he only gained 5oz in 2 weeks so I'm now expressing and bottle feeding. I have to say I was really upset but then he was weighed and gained 5oz in 48 hours so it's for the best. I'm giving a couple formula feeds per day buy the rest is breast milk.

Otherwise he is an absolute dream, eats and sleeps and is starting to take notice of things now.

Yazzy, don't feel upset. The most important thing is for the baby to feed well and gain weight appropriately. Glad you found the way for him to do that successfully :flower:
Also glad to hear that he's an easy baby :baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->