September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Congrats wantabby!!

Sorry to hear about your daughters chickenpox Yazzy. Hopefully it goes away ASAP!

Thanks everyone, she seems fine at the mo but lots of spots have appeared over night.
Carebear had all my bloodwork checked but they don't check for chicken pox immunity here, just rubella.
Christi I definitely had it when I was little so think I'd be immune. Have a midwife appointment tomorrow so will ask her about it then.

Wow lots of baby girls for our September group!
I'm convinced we are having a boy...we'll find out in September!! :)

Thank you everyone :) my nephew has come out in spots too!

Good morning ladies,

maryanne, congrats on team pink!!! Love the scan picture, she is beautiful!!

Christi, good luck with your appointment on Thursday!

Mrsgoodhart, love your bump picture!!

yazzy, I'm so sorry your daughter has the chicken pox. Luckily if you had it as a kid, you should be fine. But ask your doctor just for peace of mind.

wantabby, congrats on team pink!! There are a ton of girls!! Definently need to even things out. Maybe mine will be a boy??? We'll see!!

AFM: 18 weeks today!!! I can't believe it. 2 more weeks and I'm halfway done already!!! My next appointment is the 16th and that's just a check up. But I get to schedule my anatomy scan for about 22 weeks at this appointment. I CAN'T WAIT TO FINALLY KNOW WHAT WE'RE HAVING!!! I'm going to see if my doctor will let me do it a bit earlier though. That's still 4 weeks away!! I'm trying to be patient, but it's getting tough with everyone else finding out already!! I'm too excited!! So hoping she'll let me do it a week or two before that. So 20-21 weeks instead of 22. We'll see.

Happy 18 weeks!! I know what you mean!! I'm too excited to find out what I'm having!! My next doc appointment isn't until the 29th!!! And then I'll have the ultrasound booked from there!! So far away :brat:

Hi ladies,

Well, things got a little weird here. Last night I had a sudden bleed without any warning. It wasn't a ton of blood, but it was dark red and stained through my underwear and got on PJ bottoms, so that was enough to scare me. I called my OB who thankfully returned my call even though it was a Sunday night and he told me to go in this morning. Just came back and baby is looking fine judging from the scan, good heart beat and all, but of course my OB is quite quick in his scans and didn't check anything other than the baby (I was expecting him to check my cervix etc., but nope :shrug:). He did tell me that he's not worried though and that he'd let me know if he was, and they only worry if there's a ton of bleeding (like gushing red blood). And that this is normal at any point during a pregnancy and can be caused by something as simple as a burst vessel. I told him I was worried about the placenta (the worry wart in me :wacko:) but he said there's nothing they can do until you are at least 24 weeks along even if there was a problem like that. While I knew that, it still bothered me a bit. If I had a small tear in the placenta for example, I'd like to know so that I could give myself some bed rest, as those often heal on their own with some rest. Anyway, his only advice was to avoid sex and heavy weight lifting, but otherwise he said I should go on with life as normal! Still, I'm going to make sure I get more rest this week. We're moving on Saturday and I've been very stressed and more tired than normal in the past week or two running around like a headless chicken, so I wouldn't be surprised if that caused the bleed. Right now the blood has turned brown and it's more like spotting, but I do get the occasional mild cramping. Oh well, if OB wasn't concerned, I'll try not to be concerned either. I'm seeing my acupuncturist tomorrow and hopefully he'll work some of his magic to stop any bleeding :flower:

Other than that, the OB's called to check on my 2nd tri blood results (I had blood drawn a week ago), but they weren't ready yet. So more waiting for that, although I haven't been thinking about it as much. And I finally have a date booked for my anatomy scan: April 21, which is in 2 weeks :thumbup: I can't wait, as the facility I go to for those is sooo thorough, unlike my OB :wacko: Unless some other wacky thing happens again (fingers crossed it doesn't) I'm not seeing the OB again until May 5.

Thank you maryanne!!

Thank you carebear!! I know!! It's taking FOREVER for us to find out!! LOL!!

Christi, I'm so sorry you had a scare, but if your doctor isn't worried at all try not to be either. I know that's easier said then done as me being the worry wart I am would be panicing myself like I always do. I know a lot of women bleed in pregnancy...so I'm sure all is fine. Try to take it easy though. :hugs:

Bless your heart Christi!!! I couldn't imagine how scary that must be! I would have freaked & went to the e.r... but I am glad your doctor got you in so quickly. If he isn't worried, I would try my best not to be as well.

Happy 18 weeks Mrs.R.. I am 18w as well!

Hopefully all of your appointments will come quickly! I have an anatomy scan 4/14. I haven't heard anything about my quad screen so I'm guessing it came back normal. I see my doctor 4/16, I will ask then.

I'm so sorry you have had a scare Christi. I had bleeding all the way through with my son and it always terrified me, although he was born happy and healthy so as hard as it is try not to panic. Do try and rest though. I was always advised bed rest after an episode of bleeding. I know your ob hasn't advised you to do that but can't hurt to put your feet up and just take things a little easier. Really hope you feel better soon!

That is scary christi. I'm glad your LO is fine. I would be worried as well. Get lots of rest and try not to stress about your move.

Thank you ladies! :hugs:

Maryanne - this makes me feel so much better :hugs: And yes, I'm definitely taking it very easy and will lie down as much as possible. I was quite surprised too that my OB didn't advise bed rest. I know this is a standard thing they say. Oh well, I'm going to do it as much as I can anyway :winkwink:

Oh gosh Christi- that must have been terrifying. Glad all is looking ok!! Take it easy!

Happy 18 weeks ladies!

There's something else that has been bugging me too, though initially I told myself not to pay attention. But I'm thinking about it now and it is bothering me.
DH drove me to the doctor's office this morning and was with me at the scan. My doctor's scans are quick and to me they seem a little haphazard if I'm being honest. I know he knows what he's doing and what to look for, but I always leave wishing for more detail. At the end of today's scan, my husband asked for a measurement of the baby, which the doctor was about not to do, again. He took a somewhat haphazard measurement of the crown-to-rump length and that came out to 11.1cm (111mm) and did not date the baby, just told us the measurement. Now, I know that after week 13 they stop using the CRL measurement, as it's not considered the most accurate measure of fetal growth at that point, and they use other measurements instead (my doctor hasn't measured the baby at all since week 10, but I know they will take those other measurements at the anatomy scan), but it sounded a little small to me. Especially when the baby's CRL at 13 weeks was 7.5cm!! At home of course I jumped on Dr. Google and found that such a CRL measurement would correspond to a baby at approximately 15 1/2 weeks along, whereas mine should be 18 weeks tomorrow (if not a little more, as he was measuring about 3 days ahead at the NT scan). I do know my doctor's measurement was taken quickly and maybe not at the best angle, and I'm sure he might have missed a few mm (he always seemed to - his 1st tri scans would always date the baby smaller, but at the NT scan where they took careful measurements, baby was measuring big!), but such a big discrepancy has me worried to be honest. I know I shouldn't be paying attention to this specific measurement as an indication at this stage, but I can't help thinking that my baby might be growing less than ideally(??). If I go with the most freakish scenario, maybe my placenta is failing (hence the spotting), preventing the baby from eating well? Even though I was told I had a perfect placenta at 13 weeks, so I don't know if that even makes sense. That, coupled with the fact that I haven't been feeling as hungry as I used to ever since the middle of week 14 make me freak out. I had been brushing off the decreased hunger as the uterus growing upwards and maybe making less room for the stomach, but now I'm a bit concerned. Though I do eat normal portions, still. I don't know how these next 2 weeks will go by until the anatomy scan, and I know I'll be a nervous wreck that day.

I'm sorry I'm dumping all this on you ladies. It's more of a vent than anything else, and I will definitely mention all that at my anatomy scan in 2 weeks where I know I will be heard (I don't always feel like my OB takes my worries seriously), I just wanted to talk to someone who would understand how I feel. I'm sick of feeling worried and all I want is to be a happy pregnant woman, which I don't seem to getting yet.

wantabby, happy 18 weeks and I'm looking forward to hearing about your anatomy scan!!

Christi, I wouldn't go 100% off of the measurement your doctor gave you since it was done so quickly and probably not at the best angle. I haven't had my baby measured since 7 weeks!!! That's 11 weeks ago!!! I had an ultrasound at 11 weeks 3 days and she didn't measure it, but I asked her at my following appointment and she told me it was looking fine. So I think doctor's just know and with yours doing it so quickly, I'm sure it was a bad measurement. If there was any concern they would do a more detailed ultrasound. Just take care of yourself and by doing that, you're taking care of your baby. Hang in there, I'm praying everything is ok which I'm sure it is. :hugs:

I second that. Their sizes and angles can fluctuate so much at this stage. If the number had been too small or not where he wanted it to be, he wouldn't done a more detailed scan and I think the fact they he wasn't even going to measure is a good sign that everything "looked" good. I had the same concerns early on because they do it so quickly but tried to find confidence that they do it multiple times a day and know what they're looking for.

Sorry you're stressing. Only 2 more weeks to go.

Regarding the appetite, mine decreased a lot as well right after I hit 2nd tri.

Cutie and MrsR. you are both right! I should probably chill and just wait and see what happens at the anatomy scan. If it hadn't been for that CRL measurement, it would have been a perfect scan. Then again, I keep reading that CRL is not used for fetal dating in the 2nd trimester, as it loses accuracy after the 1st tri, and other measurements are used instead. So I try to take comfort in that and also in that experienced doctors seeing a dozen or more patients every single day can pretty much eye ball and tell what's normal and what's not. My OB was very adamant that he wasn't concerned based on today's scan.
Thanks everyone for your support :hugs:
I had a little meltdown earlier on, but feeling much better and calmer now. I have to trust that my baby is growing fine and that nature knows what to do :flower:

*hugs* Christi- like the others have said I wouldn't worry too much. If the measurements were done quickly like you said they could be off by quite a lot. If he is an experienced ob he would have said if he was worried. It is so hard not to worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->