*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

Last night while in bed, I was rubbing my stomach and started to prod where bubs is sitting and I felt a light little bump against my fingers! It was the strangest feeling, but I immediately broke into a smile and started laughing. I've read it is possible to feel small movements at 12 weeks, but I didn't believe it till last night.

After finding the HB with my Doppler the other day I've failed to find it again :( I keep trying to tell myself it's early but I can't help worrying :nope:

After finding the HB with my Doppler the other day I've failed to find it again :( I keep trying to tell myself it's early but I can't help worrying :nope:

I find mine some days and other days I'll look for 15 minutes and find nothing. I think my little one is just very active (much like his daddy!) and swimming around in there. It's hard to not stress but at the stage we're in, if we hear a strong heartbeat even just once, there's a really good chance everything is going to go well with the pregnancy.

I've been having less fatigue today which is fabulous! Trying to enjoy it and shut up the little voice saying "something's wrong - you're losing your symptoms." I'm 10 1/2 weeks - that placenta is supposed to be helping me out at this point so my symptoms are SUPPOSED to fade. I am happy I have my doctor's appt tomorrow though!

ps - a study to back up my claim:

After heartbeat is detected, risk of miscarriage is 9.4% at 6wks; 4.2% at 7wks; 1.5% at 8wks; 0.5% at 9wks

To estimate the risk of miscarriage among asymptomatic women after a prenatal visit between 6 and 11 weeks of gestation where proof of fetal viability of a singleton was obtained by office ultrasonography at the same visit. METHODS: Those recruited were 697 asymptomatic women who attended their first antenatal visit between 6 (+2 days) and 11(+6 days) weeks of gestation, where evidence of fetal cardiac activity of a singleton was obtained by office ultrasonography. RESULTS: The risk of miscarriage among the entire cohort was 11 of 696 (1.6%). The risk fell rapidly with advancing gestation; 9.4% at 6 (completed) weeks of gestation, 4.2% at 7 weeks, 1.5% at 8 weeks, 0.5% at 9 weeks and 0.7% at 10 weeks.

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18310375

Last night while in bed, I was rubbing my stomach and started to prod where bubs is sitting and I felt a light little bump against my fingers! It was the strangest feeling, but I immediately broke into a smile and started laughing. I've read it is possible to feel small movements at 12 weeks, but I didn't believe it till last night.

I had what i think was movement this afternoon. I was sat at uni doing some work, and i felt what can be described a between a thump and a pop down near my pubic bone. It was gone to quick to be gas and happened 3 times within around 5 mins in the same place

OMG what do you do for a splitting headache when you can't take anything for it?!

OMG what do you do for a splitting headache when you can't take anything for it?!

Cold compress helps me. If it keeps happening to you, your doctor may have some suggestions. I get migraines so she prescribed me something that is okay(ish) for pregnancy. I haven't had to resort to that but sometimes the benefits outweigh the costs.

Cold compress, peppermint oil, dark room, and Tylenol is my go-to.

That's exactly why I haven't gotten one... even my OB had a hard time finding DS' heartbeat sometimes and I worry enough as it is :( :hugs:

AnakeRose: I've found that soaking my feet in as warm water as I can handle w/ peppermint oil, a cold compress on my forehead / back of neck, and a dark, quiet room will do wonders... hope it goes away for you :hugs:

Tried Tylenol and a cold compress, but it hasn't even touched it. :(

drinking lots of water? have you cut down on caffeine/sugar lately? might just need to curl up in bed and try to sleep it off :( I'm lucky that headaches are one of the only symptoms I don't get - I have really bad migraines when I'm not pregnant... and then nothing when I am.

I had a headache all weekend before realizing I hadn't had a diet coke in days. Had one and it went away! Related to this, I think I may be addicted to diet coke...

i think my question about sciatica got skipped over... any of yall have problems with this? i cant sleep for 30 minutes without waking due to the discomfort and pain?

i think my question about sciatica got skipped over... any of yall have problems with this? i cant sleep for 30 minutes without waking due to the discomfort and pain?

I do but it's VERY intermittent. Like I'll go weeks without it and then have it a couple nights. I haven't had it in a while. I usually just keep changing positions until it relieves the pressure/pain enough to sleep. I have no idea what a real solution to this is other than managing it but laying a certain way. Sucks though, for sure!

I do, try to sleep with a pillow between your legs lying on your good side.
Have a warm shower before going to bed, and stretch once you get up.

One other thing, I've learned some yoga poses that help. If you google it, you should find some youtube videos demonstrating poses for sciatica pain relief in pregnancy.

It's a sinus headache unfortunately. My eyes feel like they're going to pop out of my head :(

I'm a lime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

There were some ladies who couldn't always find the HB. I wouldn't worry too much. I could find mine off and on until my provider showed me where the baby was sitting. She actually said she didn't recommend dopplers at home precisely because women freaked out. Mine has never freaked me out because I know I was trying early. I'm also about 100lbs soaking wet so I don't have anything extra between my skin and the baby and that makes it easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->