*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

Congrats to those who have found out the gender so far! How exciting! My scan isn't until April 10th, so I'll be 19.5 weeks - can't wait!!
I've been feeling some definite movements, little twitchy bumpy feelings, not very often though, just when I'm laying still sometimes.

Kiss08 your bump is so cute! I'm finally starting to show a little bit but I mostly just look fatter so far :laugh2:

My scan hasn't even been scheduled yet!!! I go to the DR on the 29th and they will schedule it then... Everyone is finding out I feel so far away lol

Same here! I won't find out till 20 weeks...

So everyone who has found out/is finding out gender at 16 weeks - are these all private gender scans? Or do you have really nice doctors? :lol:

I am a private patient and I have a ultrasound every month with my dr, of course is not a very modern machine very simple, for the 12 weeks and 19 weeks I go to another place.

Well, my NT scan went well. Baby's measurements are healthy. Results of the blood work will come back next week, but I'm not too worried about that to be honest. Our baby also cooperated with is today:

We're Team :pink: :)

Might seem a little far out yet, but has anyone started giving thought to their birthing plans??
All going well during this pregnancy, I will probably be trying for a water birth at a birthing centre here :)

adopim congratulations on the :pink: bump :D

Court28 I've know my rough plan since before i even got pregnant. I always said i would be going for a home birth with my 2nd, as just missed out with my daughter due to reduced fetal movement the last week of pregnancy. I will hire a pool to use at home. And because my daughter was born on just gas and air, I am thinking of maybe trying to go completely natural with no pain relief with this one :D

I am thinking of maybe trying to go completely natural with no pain relief with this one :D

Me too. This is my first baby, but I am absolutely terrified of anesthesia (ive never had it of any kind and my mom and grandmother are both allergic). I also dunno why, but doping myself up so I cant feel my child's arrival will make me feel less of a woman. No other mammals use pain killers for birth, and if our bodies couldn't handle it drug free, we would have either died off as humans or evolved differently.

Only way ill take drugs is if I have to do c section or some extenuating circumstance.

If this isnt too much to get censored, has anyone else been having sexual dreams about women??? In the past couple weeks, its been like every other night for me. Are my hormones just through the roof, or is it cuz I haven't been active with hubby since january??? Dont get me wrong, I don't mind having the dreams, just wondering why their occurrence has become so often

hey ladies sorry i have been MIA again lol been busy with school

to the ladies that have found out the sex congrats!!!

we find out the sex of ours the 30th of this month so i'm excited to see what the Easter bunny brough for us lol :)
I will report back!

kaili yes g&a isn't that bad as it just makes you feel drunk wouldn't take anything else, and this time i hope to not even have that

My scan hasn't even been scheduled yet!!! I go to the DR on the 29th and they will schedule it then... Everyone is finding out I feel so far away lol

Same here! I won't find out till 20 weeks...

So everyone who has found out/is finding out gender at 16 weeks - are these all private gender scans? Or do you have really nice doctors? :lol:

I had an early anatomy scan because I'm high risk and then I'm going to have ANOTHER anatomy scan in a couple of weeks. Seems excessive to me, but I'm glad to be monitored so closely.

Well, my NT scan went well. Baby's measurements are healthy. Results of the blood work will come back next week, but I'm not too worried about that to be honest. Our baby also cooperated with is today:

We're Team :pink: :)

Congrats!! That is really early to find out!

My birthing plan includes an epidural. I had one last time and will opt for one this time. I never felt like I was "missing out" or anything. And for me, I used it in a way in which it took the edge off rather than completely numbing my whole self (I had the spinal epidural in which a line stayed in my back and could push a button if I felt the effects wearing off. I used sparingly). I was glad that i had it because I was induced so i was in the hospital the night before to prepare. i did not sleep hardly at all so i was exhausted already when labor started. it allowed me to rest a little bit to prepare for the pushing part. And I was up and walking within half an hour of the birth.
I may need to be induced this time as well since my labor and delivery went lightening fast last time (I only pushed for 15 minutes). She wants to save us from having to have a car birth (since subsequent children tend to come even faster), which by the way freaks me the heck out! I can't imagine how freaked out it would make DH!

Congrats!! That is really early to find out!
That's what I thought too, but the sonographer who did our NT scan is very good at what he does. I asked him if he could see the gender and he told me that if any sonographer could not see the gender at this stage, they shouldn't be a sonographer. I think he probably just doesn't realize that what is easy for him isn't necessarily easy for others. Haha!

There's a pretty detailed thread in second tri about epidural vs. natural. I'm keeping my options open as I have mixed feelings. Getting an epidural will likely cause me to faint (I faint very easily) but I also have a very low pain tolerance so I don't think I can go without drugs. We shall see though!

Speaking of low pain tolerance, being pregnant hurts! All the stretching and pulling... Man, this kid is just making him/herself right at home!! :)

If this isnt too much to get censored, has anyone else been having sexual dreams about women??? In the past couple weeks, its been like every other night for me. Are my hormones just through the roof, or is it cuz I haven't been active with hubby since january??? Dont get me wrong, I don't mind having the dreams, just wondering why their occurrence has become so often

It's so funny you say this Bc I had a crazy dream like that a few days ago that really puzzles me lol. Makes me wonder if I'm having a boy and the testosterone is the cause lol.

It's so funny you say this Bc I had a crazy dream like that a few days ago that really puzzles me lol. Makes me wonder if I'm having a boy and the testosterone is the cause lol.

Did some research, some say its boy testosterone, others say its the estrogen and your body showing its pride for its ability to create life and the appreciation for being a woman yourself. Ill take both answers lol

Me too:) if baby let's us we find out tomorrow!!!!!

Our birth plan will probably be similar to my older boys. I'm almost sure we'll be induced, just because my hubby works away for 2 weeks at a time, and we need to plan for him to be here when baby is born, and induction is one of the easiest ways. Also, my BP tends to get higher near the end of pregnancy (39 weeks or so) and my Dr doesn't want it to get too bad, since I get wicked headaches that come with the BP spikes.

I'll also be going natural. I did gas & air with both boys, so will use that if I need it (I needed it more for a focal point then pain relief). I believe my body was designed to do this, so I can do it. Not to mention the fact of the horror stories I've heard about epidurals, and the horror stories I've personally witnessed from c-sections. *shudder* My poor SIL is STILL going through problems 19 months after her girls were born from c-section stuff, so personally that isn't even an option for me unless I'm about to die and baby is too!
I'll also be delivering in a hospital with an OB present. I'm overweight to begin with, so a MW won't take me on, because they consider me too "high risk" - that and the fact that BOTH my boys had breathing problems immediately after delivery, I want to be in the safest place (IMO) for them at the time! :)

We will also be staying team yellow til the end! :thumbup: So excited for everyone finding out, but I just can't imagine finding out! :haha:

My 1st son I had an epidural I had to push for just over an hour but apart from that, everything was dandy, having contractions whilst reading celebrity magazines.

My 2nd son I waas induced and requested an epidural but it didn't take effect, and to be honest even with all the pain, I actually preferred the natural birth on gas and air. And I'm hoping to go down that route with this one as well.

I'm so jealous of people that got to find out gender at N/T scan. They didn't even give me an option. Or am I misunderstanding??

Sorry I haven't been around lately, these little guys had me on bed rest for two weeks, and then I had the N/T yesterday. Scan looked great, just waiting on blood results.

With my daughter I had an emergency c-section and the OB asked me what I'd prefer to have this time - honestly I'd prefer another c-section only because since I've done it before I know I can handle it, and I'm scared of the unknown...which I realise is a silly reason for such a big decision so I told her I'm going to think on it a while. It might end up being out of my hands either way - things didn't go to plan the first time so who knows!

I'm so jealous of people that got to find out gender at N/T scan. They didn't even give me an option. Or am I misunderstanding??

Sorry I haven't been around lately, these little guys had me on bed rest for two weeks, and then I had the N/T yesterday. Scan looked great, just waiting on blood results.

I just had a scan yesterday at 14+5. My doctor said it was too early to tell gender. I'd rather wait until she's sure than to find out early and have the possibility of finding out she was wrong. That happened to my cousin recently. Found out she was having a girl at 14 weeks, found out it was REALLY a boy at 18 weeks. She was thrilled either way but had a hard time shifting her perspective from girl to boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->