*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

Speaking of having an ultrasound yesterday, I know people have talked about this before but I can't remember if it was transvaginal or abdominal ultrasound.. My stomach is reallllly achy today. Is that normal the day after an abdominal ultrasound? I don't remember it hurting or being uncomfortable at all yesterday - it only last maybe a total of 3 minutes as it wasn't really scheduled nor were we looking for anything in particular. Maybe I was just too excited to notice it was hurting? I don't know, but I am hurting today! Others have this happen??

Hi everyone!! Just wanted to pop on and tell you all we are team :blue: again!! We are very excited!!
Also,mummytochloe, could you change my due date to Sept 5th please? Thanks.

Through my last placement with the midwife I now have looking after my pregnancy (I studied midwifery for two years) I saw sooo many births done with no pain relief at all. Only one had an epidural which was horrible and failed, and she only got it as she was induced. This made me open my eyes a bit I think. Im not going to say I def wont get epidural as everything could change but gas an air is going to be my main choice.

Speaking of having an ultrasound yesterday, I know people have talked about this before but I can't remember if it was transvaginal or abdominal ultrasound.. My stomach is reallllly achy today. Is that normal the day after an abdominal ultrasound? I don't remember it hurting or being uncomfortable at all yesterday - it only last maybe a total of 3 minutes as it wasn't really scheduled nor were we looking for anything in particular. Maybe I was just too excited to notice it was hurting? I don't know, but I am hurting today! Others have this happen??

I haven't had any pain after any of my ultrasounds BUT I was really achy in my uterus area around 14 weeks, which is where you are. I think I posted about it here, but it was like this dull ache and then I also had some mild cramping and mild back pain that kind of freaked me out. Turns out all was ok, and when I did some searching online it seems that around 14 weeks is a really common time for discomfort and aches in the uterus.

i get pain after an ultrasound but im a size 18 and they have to push harder :(

as for birth plans im having an elective section (hopefully) due to my sons birth which ended in emergency c section!

i think we are nearly there on names

jaxon paul for a boy
and maybe
olivia joanne (not 100% on that one yet tho!)

:)

Hi everyone. I'm due on September 7th and have my week 16 scan next Wednesday, so hopefully we'll be able to find out the sex then. They have me coming in for extra scans since I'm over 35 & have Type 2 Diabetes. I don't mind though because it just means I get to see the munchkin more often. Now if only I could get used to the horrible finger sticks 6 times per day, but it's all for a good reason so I can't complain too much. :)

I'm feeling bruised after yesterday as well. I have never had the problem before but the lasy was pushing really hard and kept having to kind of shake my belly to get the babies to cooperate.

LadyL: congrats on your blue bump! :)

I had a little uncomfortable ache yesterday for a couple hours after my ultrasound. It was concerning at first but then just went away like nothing. Lol. I have terrible stretching pains all the time when I stretch or even stand up. But that's not ultrasound related, that's baby growing related. Haha.

It's strange about the epidural. I have known lots of people, including myself, that have had one and there have been no problems or complications. Not one of them needed a C-section. That being said, if we had the gas and air option here in the US. If we did, I would very probably go that route.

I'm having a hospital birth (home birth not an option here and no mw units either) with my 3 births I had gas and air and diamorphine. Going to try just gas and air this time but if pain still too bad will go for diamorphine too again!

yeah, no G&A offered here (USA) :nope: I think if it was an option a lot less women would get epidurals in the USA. Its a nice "in between" alternative.

I will be having another out of hospital water birth. No interventions (unless of course there is a medical issue going on). My first was a hospital water birth. my second was an out of hospital water birth. Both very empowering. Hoping for a birth more like my second and less like my first though, as back labor and face up baby was hell and long with that first one! It really was a doozey which i hope to never repeat!

I'm in the US and as far as i know, we dont have gas and air here... i had to look it up as i didn't even know what it was when someone posted about it earlier in this thread LOL.

my birth plan is to do the ole' fashioned 'push it out as hard as i can through my hoo-ha' method, hopefully drug free!

Hi everyone!! Just wanted to pop on and tell you all we are team :blue: again!! We are very excited!!
Also,mummytochloe, could you change my due date to Sept 5th please? Thanks.

Yay congrats!!!!

Really feeling pregnant today, so tired I can barely function, lots of stretching in my stomach and feel so bloated :sleep::sleep: just want to sleep for two days :rofl:

Holy crap was my little one active last night!! Started around 6:30pm and it didn't stop even after I went to bed. Hubby tried to feel it, but he wasn't sure if it was his own heart beat he was feeling (plus I'm fairly overweight so there's a lot of extra padding there).

I still haven't told work yet. My 3 month probation period ends at the end of May (although it's against Canadian labour laws for them to fire you for being pregnant, unless they want to have a visit from labour relations). I'm still nervous about what they'll say.

Does the US not offer gas and air?!

Forgive me, but what are you guys talking about?

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a542569/entonox-gas-and-air

:) Just another form of pain meds that you breathe in to help reduce the pain - just laughing gas I guess! (or for some just take your mind off what's going on)

Ahh ok thanks. I have never heard of this before. I guess I should start doing some research on birth plans!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->