*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

Gonna ask a question that isnt too personal I hope.. is using a vibrator externally dangerous during second trimester? I have been WANTING to have sex this whole time but have been afraid of hurting my lil man, and I really wanna give it a try tonight, but the positions that usually satisfy ME too are rather uncomfortable right now, and maybe im the only one but since pregnant, long lasting sex kinda starts to become painful. Adding a vib to the mix will def make it go a lot faster (id do without just to satisfy him, as I would be totally fine NOT finishing) but he gets all worked up and upset if he feels like he didnt satisfy me too. Its really hard to explain to him because I AM still VERY attracted to him, but the long lastingness causes me to bleed and be sore for like the next couple days and gets rather uncomfortable DURING if it goes longer than like 5 minutes. Id tell him to be quick but he gets offended by that

Gonna ask a question that isnt too personal I hope.. is using a vibrator externally dangerous during second trimester? I have been WANTING to have sex this whole time but have been afraid of hurting my lil man, and I really wanna give it a try tonight, but the positions that usually satisfy ME too are rather uncomfortable right now, and maybe im the only one but since pregnant, long lasting sex kinda starts to become painful. Adding a vib to the mix will def make it go a lot faster (id do without just to satisfy him, as I would be totally fine NOT finishing) but he gets all worked up and upset if he feels like he didnt satisfy me too. Its really hard to explain to him because I AM still VERY attracted to him, but the long lastingness causes me to bleed and be sore for like the next couple days and gets rather uncomfortable DURING if it goes longer than like 5 minutes. Id tell him to be quick but he gets offended by that

As far as the sex goes, it's quite common to feel uncomfortable and less satisfied by sex when pregnant. I can understand why this could hurt his manliness a bit that you are less turned on by the act of sex than you used to but really, truly, it is not his fault and he has to understand that. It would be silly to unnecessarily prolong sex so that he can pleasure you when you are feeling worried/pain/apathy and not orgasming anyhow. You could try faking it :winkwink: or trying to get him to accept that it really doesn't matter to you if you finish or not (if that is truly how you feel). As far as vibrator goes, I'm inclined to say it's fine (honestly, I haven't thought twice about using mine), but I'm curious if others have been told differently.

As far as the sex goes, it's quite common to feel uncomfortable and less satisfied by sex when pregnant. I can understand why this could hurt his manliness a bit that you are less turned on by the act of sex than you used to but really, truly, it is not his fault and he has to understand that. It would be silly to unnecessarily prolong sex so that he can pleasure you when you are feeling worried/pain/apathy and not orgasming anyhow. You could try faking it :winkwink: or trying to get him to accept that it really doesn't matter to you if you finish or not (if that is truly how you feel). As far as vibrator goes, I'm inclined to say it's fine (honestly, I haven't thought twice about using mine), but I'm curious if others have been told differently.

If you dont have complications down there (such as incompetent cervix, amongst others), and your care provider says sex is okay (it is for most pregnant women, you would probably know if you shouldn't by now), then i see nothing wrong with using a toy. The result of a vibrator would be similar to sex so i wouldn't think it would hurt things.

If you dont have complications down there (such as incompetent cervix, amongst others), and your care provider says sex is okay (it is for most pregnant women, you would probably know if you shouldn't by now), then i see nothing wrong with using a toy. The result of a vibrator would be similar to sex so i wouldn't think it would hurt things.

i know i am being completely irrational but my mind keeps reverting to "you're going to buzz the baby's brain into dysfunction" LOL

and regarding what kiss said, yea, its not like he's TRYING to prolong it for MY sake, its more for his own sake as he currently takes whatever time he can get and tries to maximize it cuz it may be another 3 weeks before i convince myself again that no harm will be done LOL and i could try faking it but on the off chance he recognizes it from the real deal, the mental consequences will be far worse hahaha (I'll hear about it for days)

he is mad at me right now anyway because he refuses to do cardio even though he is trying to lose weight, and when our neighbor who lost 40lbs said today "i didn't lose it til i started doing 30 minutes of cardio a day" and i said "oh hey, so it DOES work, maybe give it a shot" that was a total buzz kill for the potential of anything happening today

i know i am being completely irrational but my mind keeps reverting to "you're going to buzz the baby's brain into dysfunction" LOL

LOL if anything all that buzzing will put baby to sleep ;)
...and if you use it a ton during pregnancy...well you might have to bust out the vibrator to get him to sleep, once he arrives :rofl: (only kidding)

:rofl::rofl:

I'd say it's fine... Your hubby must be more sensitive than mine....I tell mine if he wants sex he has to be quick :haha:

hahaha all this talk about sex. I actually am loving it at the moment, not so much in first trimester as was too sick with MS. :rofl:

My little one seems to be active at the same time everyday. Does anyone else find this too? Usually around 3-5pm I can feel it the most. Lots of tickles and even a poke from inside now and then. I know its the baby because its not normal before I was pregnant :rofl:

^ yes. In fact I noticed the active periods with each of my pregnancys. And crazy enough it coinsided with their schedules as toddlers and babies!

It was so strange this afternoon. DH and I went to the Minnesota Twins (baseball) game today. During an extremely exciting bottom of the 8th, I swear I felt baby pushing just a little bit on me. It almost felt like a poke from the inside. I can't wait until I can feel her all the time!

Good to know that I am not the only one not enjoying sex that much, thank god DH has been very understanding.

2 days ago the cramps came back but as I've been having them since the begining of pregnancy it doesn't worry me but now the pain is in my hips like in the bone, it is a sharp pain that comes and goes, I have to massage myself to feel better because it can be very painful, I have gain 2.5 kgs so I am not much heavier, or could it be a different round ligament pain? It is so weird.
I will ask my ob next Wed.

I also have a cold and a very sore throat, I am doing gargles with warm water and salt and sucking honey menthol lozenges.

At least it is Friday.

Good to know that I am not the only one not enjoying sex that much, thank god DH has been very understanding.

2 days ago the cramps came back but as I've been having them since the begining of pregnancy it doesn't worry me but now the pain is in my hips like in the bone, it is a sharp pain that comes and goes, I have to massage myself to feel better because it can be very painful, I have gain 2.5 kgs so I am not much heavier, or could it be a different round ligament pain? It is so weird.
I will ask my ob next Wed.

The hip pain is most likely 1 of 2 things. Your hips expanding in prep for uterus growth. Or your sciatic nerve taking pressure from thr uterus thats already expanding. For me its the nerve and its a killer pain that happens most when sitting or laying down.

I dont really enjoy sex to much atm, and my bump doesn't make it any easier :dohh:

can't beleive i am 18 weeks today though feels like it's going so fast for me

20 days till my anomaly ultrasound where I can find out the gender :yipee:

20 days till my anomaly ultrasound where I can find out the gender :yipee:

I know what you mean! I have 10 days left till my scan and 11 till I have my doctors appt to find out the results! Perfect timing because we have a huge family get together on the Wednesday after.

Had gender scan but baby rather uncooperative!!! Umbilical cord between legs. He is 99% sure boy tho. Going back free of charge next week to confirm.

Let's cross our fingers the baby is ready for their photo!! :) :thumbup:

Ah, all this chit chat about the gender results makes me wanna know badly! We had our 16 wk appt. yesterday. Got to hear the heartbeat (150bpm) and all is well. I caught my DH getting 'misty' at the beats. <3 So cute. We will find out May 3rd!!!!!!!!!!

Wow with the crazy dreams!! I watched Twilight Breaking Dawn II last night and last night was filled with all sorts of distorted, wacky dreams. I don't feel too rested this AM but fortunately there is coffee...;-) :coffee: Happy Saturday Ladies!!

Lol dreams have been out of this world for me these days. Last night I dreamed that I beat the shit out of my high school yearbook teacher (WTF??? I loved her back then, she was one of my favorite teachers!) and then went to class down the hall and the teacher was this big biker dude I know, and the class was called "hilarity in history" and we discussed all the funny things that have happened in war history (WTF??? War is not funny at all) I showed up to all my classes having not realized there was homework that I didnt do. Ive dreamt that last part about forgetting my homework like 10 times since pregnant.. I graduated from college 4 years ago, is there some connectedness to being pregnant?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->