*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

:wacko:I think my hormones are playing havoc :wacko:

Even though my partner and I are having a baby and in the process of trying to buy a house. I still get somewhat edgy or feel threatened if he texts or messages his friends (girls). Maybe I am just extra insecure now, not sure. But its hard to shake it off, I have to tell myself he wouldnt be buying a home with me if there was something to worry about. Am I being silly? Also do other people go through this and how do you cope???? :hugs:

How do you get rid of the insecure feeling?

lmao you are in the same boat I am, I've never been that way, but then a coworker bought him a gift from a vacation and I was all =.=. then I just see anyone tag him in a work photo and I'm all HE'S SITTING NEXT TO A GIRL!!!! I even called and he missed the call and one of the girls in his office told him, and my first thought was D: how dare she tell you. I just remind myself that this has never bothered me before, and I'm being stupid. and just find something shiny to distract me till I forget about it

I am glad I am not the only one going through this :rofl:
I think alot of guys and girls have both sex friends, I shouldnt be insecure and read into things because that can only make things worse and make my mind run wild. If I really thought about it, he wouldnt be wanting to get into a commitment relationship with a baby and buying a home if he wasnt faithful. Think just the hormones making me irrational :dohh:

Even though my partner and I are having a baby and in the process of trying to buy a house. I still get somewhat edgy or feel threatened if he texts or messages his friends (girls). Maybe I am just extra insecure now, not sure. But its hard to shake it off, I have to tell myself he wouldnt be buying a home with me if there was something to worry about. Am I being silly? Also do other people go through this and how do you cope???? :hugs:

lmao you are in the same boat I am, I've never been that way, but then a coworker bought him a gift from a vacation and I was all =.=. then I just see anyone tag him in a work photo and I'm all HE'S SITTING NEXT TO A GIRL!!!! I even called and he missed the call and one of the girls in his office told him, and my first thought was D: how dare she tell you. I just remind myself that this has never bothered me before, and I'm being stupid. and just find something shiny to distract me till I forget about it

I am glad I am not the only one going through this :rofl:
I think alot of guys and girls have both sex friends, I shouldnt be insecure and read into things because that can only make things worse and make my mind run wild. If I really thought about it, he wouldnt be wanting to get into a commitment relationship with a baby and buying a home if he wasnt faithful. Think just the hormones making me irrational :dohh:

mhmm, if you are anything like me you sit there till you're in a tissy already planning every scenario and already have yourself divorced and crying by the end of the thought session. that's why I really try hard not to think about it once I realize the thought is creeping into my head

My DH doesn't have any friends that are girls but I still find myself feeling insecure when he talks to any female. I found a poster from many years ago that was a "Going Away" party thing for DH when he was moving. I saw a bunch if female notes including the words "I love you" as well as "I will always love you! See you soon!" That really got to me for some strange odd reason. Silly hormones....

HAHA! This is the craziest thing (for me I think its because we used to DTD like 2-3 times a week, and now that I am preggie (after about a 2 month abstinence) we only do it maybe once a week, sometimes once every 10 days either because I am cramping, or my back hurts, or I have nasty gas (sorry!) or diarrhea or something from the pregnancy. That plus my stomach jets out like 5 feet (exaggeration) and he's a little chubby and gets self-conscious when his belly hits mine.

At any rate, I think the lack of sex all the time is what's stressing me about the "jealousy" thing. I'm not jealous per-se but as an example, MY good friend from college was living with us for the past 3 weeks (she moved out today) and she even went home on the weekends, but for some reason I would be adamant to send him on errands during the two hours that she would be home with him by herself before I get home from work on those days. It was so stupid because A. she's SO nothing like his type. B. He would never in a million years do anything to hurt me, and C. she would never do anything to me either.

I literally don't have a single reason to freak out but for some reason I would get mad if I would walk in the door and they were literally 20 feet away from each other but they were talking to each other HAHA. She made dinner for both my husband and me one night, and I wasn't hungry, and for some stupid reason I got irritated that he sat at the table and ate with her, even though he was just being polite since I totally dissed her meal that she had spent quite a good amount of time cooking.

At any rate, I don't care if he facebook messages girls or whatever, because realistically, the only female friends I have are on this forum, and the rest are dudes, and he trusts me, so I have to be sort of fair :)

I will not even look at my weight gain, but only been weighed once at 8weeks so far.

Had my scan all was well, took about 40 mins baby was very wriggley at first and she couldn't look at brain. But she did and all is as should be.

Stays team :yellow: which i am really happy about what would you say from the pics though?

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 21+3.jpg
    21+3.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 9
I do think it might be a blue bump mtc! I'm rubbish at guessing though. Glad all was good. Nice to be able to chill out a bit. X

Congrats mummy!

I had a weird situation today that landed me in the Dr's office (I wanted to wait till Friday but felt weird). Since yesterday I have felt these weird "flutters" in my chest. It is like a tickle/flutter/flip flop. Well, they think they are heart palpitations, which can be common in pregnancy?? I have to go see a cardiologist now though to rule out anything else more serious going on...hope not. :nope:

Congrats mummy!

I had a weird situation today that landed me in the Dr's office (I wanted to wait till Friday but felt weird). Since yesterday I have felt these weird "flutters" in my chest. It is like a tickle/flutter/flip flop. Well, they think they are heart palpitations, which can be common in pregnancy?? I have to go see a cardiologist now though to rule out anything else more serious going on...hope not. :nope:

I've had these! U never had them in previous pregnancys so I was caught off guard. MW said its really common in pregnancy especially at this stage. She said right about 20ish weeks is when the women who have it mention it. She said its due to the increase blood volume and super common. Typically not anything to be worried about. I have a couple heart issues so I was sorta freaked. She told me if I got too worried I could get it checked out but I decided not to bc my heart is healthier now than in my previous pregnancy and as I said never had this before.

Just woke up from a nap and feel better.. I feel like the episodes are tiring? Had a few small flip flops but I am taking it easy. Going to try to cut out caffeine!? Agh tomo morning will suck. :wacko:

Does anyone find their midwife appointments completely boring???
All mine does is check my blood pressure and heart, then she listens to the baby's heart and its all over :wacko:
Because I work about an hours train ride from where my midwife appointment is, I end up having to take off from work two hours earlier just to go to a ten-fifteen minute appointment :dohh:

But they refused to let me have a midwife closer to where I work, and go figure, I work in a Childrens Hospital right next to the main hospital for my city so plenty of midwives around :blush:

Just woke up from a nap and feel better.. I feel like the episodes are tiring? Had a few small flip flops but I am taking it easy. Going to try to cut out caffeine!? Agh tomo morning will suck. :wacko:

I tried to cut out caffeine but it was no use. I did manage to cut myself down to one cup a day though. I even tried subbing decaf a bit at a time and that didn't work either.

I tried to cut out caffeine but it was no use. I did manage to cut myself down to one cup a day though. I even tried subbing decaf a bit at a time and that didn't work either.

I LOVED my coffee but at about six weeks couldn't stomach the smell of it so I just quit drinking it. At first I missed my.morning coffee, but since the smell made me nauseous and I was already so exhausted it was an easy transition.

I LOVED my coffee but at about six weeks couldn't stomach the smell of it so I just quit drinking it. At first I missed my.morning coffee, but since the smell made me nauseous and I was already so exhausted it was an easy transition.

Ok that's not totally the truth...I did actually stop drinking coffee for about 3 weeks because it tasted like dish water to me. I had a cup one morning and liked it so I started having it again. Probably shouldn't have!

All mine does is check my blood pressure and heart, then she listens to the baby's heart and its all over :wacko:
Because I work about an hours train ride from where my midwife appointment is, I end up having to take off from work two hours earlier just to go to a ten-fifteen minute appointment :dohh:

But they refused to let me have a midwife closer to where I work, and go figure, I work in a Childrens Hospital right next to the main hospital for my city so plenty of midwives around :blush:

In the states (in most practices) thats a typical experience with OBs and sometimes even hospital MWs. But with my HB MWs, its fab we talk so much about anything (our appts are 1 hour in duration)i feel like i know them and im so comfortable around them. i actually look forward to my appts. in fact, i wish i could see them even when im not pregnant. lol

I will not even look at my weight gain, but only been weighed once at 8weeks so far.

Had my scan all was well, took about 40 mins baby was very wriggley at first and she couldn't look at brain. But she did and all is as should be.

Stays team :yellow: which i am really happy about what would you say from the pics though?

hmm...purely a guess but im going with :blue:

I used to drink a ton of caffeine before I got pregnant. While we were TTC I cut quite a bit out, but there is no way I could completely cut it out unfortunately. Luckily, I'm able to keep it under 150mg most days (which is incredibly good for me and how much I used to have).

In the states (in most practices) thats a typical experience with OBs and sometimes even hospital MWs. But with my HB MWs, its fab we talk so much about anything (our appts are 1 hour in duration)i feel like i know them and im so comfortable around them. i actually look forward to my appts. in fact, i wish i could see them even when im not pregnant. lol

For me, my LONG appointments are the ones where 75% of the time is spent in the ultrasound room with the tech (and that part is obviously not boring). But the rest of it is usually short and to the point, so I don't have time to get bored. OB basically comes in and says "everything looks good, do you have any questions?" The only time it was any different was when they told me that I had type A- blood and would have to get the Rhogam shot and she spent about 20 minutes explaining the situation.

So I had my 20 week scan today and I'm expecting another girl! :pink: Slowly coming round to the idea as I was convinced I was having a boy this time Tanwen seems to be having a harder time dealing with it than I do though as right from the start she was saying it's a boy and now she's putting her hands on my bump, pressing and saying "BOY!" :dohh: I'm sure she'll come around to the idea eventually though!

I also found out that I have a low-lying placenta at the moment, though happily it's not covering the cervical os, just reaching, and it should hopefully move up! Really all it means at the moment is that I need to have another ultrasound at 32 weeks, which will be quite nice in a way as I never saw Tanwen that late on! It's still a worry though! I really want to avoid a c-section if I can help it!

Beca :wave:

So I had my 20 week scan today and I'm expecting another girl! :pink: Slowly coming round to the idea as I was convinced I was having a boy this time Tanwen seems to be having a harder time dealing with it than I do though as right from the start she was saying it's a boy and now she's putting her hands on my bump, pressing and saying "BOY!" :dohh: I'm sure she'll come around to the idea eventually though!

I also found out that I have a low-lying placenta at the moment, though happily it's not covering the cervical os, just reaching, and it should hopefully move up! Really all it means at the moment is that I need to have another ultrasound at 32 weeks, which will be quite nice in a way as I never saw Tanwen that late on! It's still a worry though! I really want to avoid a c-section if I can help it!

Beca :wave:

I had a low lying anterior placenta w DS2. It moved up as the pregnancy went on. Typically they do so it sounds like u have a good shot :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->