*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

Thought I'd post a quick bump--- 18 weeks with the twinnies---- odn't mind the stretchies they are left overs.

barebump18weeks.jpg

So I had my 20 week scan today and I'm expecting another girl! :pink: Slowly coming round to the idea as I was convinced I was having a boy this time Tanwen seems to be having a harder time dealing with it than I do though as right from the start she was saying it's a boy and now she's putting her hands on my bump, pressing and saying "BOY!" :dohh: I'm sure she'll come around to the idea eventually though!

I also found out that I have a low-lying placenta at the moment, though happily it's not covering the cervical os, just reaching, and it should hopefully move up! Really all it means at the moment is that I need to have another ultrasound at 32 weeks, which will be quite nice in a way as I never saw Tanwen that late on! It's still a worry though! I really want to avoid a c-section if I can help it!

Beca :wave:

Awww congrats on your second little :girl: thats so exciting!!!

I just watched a bunch of live birth videos (on babycenter) and am now terrified of giving birth. Why did I just do that to myself??? :cry:

I just watched a bunch of live birth videos (on babycenter) and am now terrified of giving birth. Why did I just do that to myself??? :cry:

Oh god...I'm curious but terrified. I think I'll hold off for at least a few more weeks to look those videos up!

HAHAHA the day i told my hubs i was preggers, he went straight to the internet and scarred me for life with countless videos (baby center, TLC, and a few others)

we watched some natural births and also some cesarians, he thinks its so awesome that i have to do it and he doesn't. sigh. men. at any rate, the positive side is that a max of around a day's worth of labor results in a lifetime of happiness so it works out ^_^

I would recommend watching natural/intervention free home or water births before watching any type of programs or medicalized websites. They seem far less scary! If you stay fearful it has a huge potential to make labor longer and more painful. So dont wait until the last minute to concur that fear!

anyone else's kicks getting strong enough now where they make you feel like you might pee your pants from the pressure? ive been feeling kicks on my belly recently but a lot today i think he's facing my spine and kicking me back there and it feels weird

dont be scared, it is an AMAZING experience! Only read/watch positive birth stories is my advice. Ina May Gaskin has some great, positive books (Guide to childbirth is a good one) and https://birthwithoutfearblog.com/ has tons of positive birth stories :)

I'm staying away from birth videos this time. I watched a ton last time and freaked myself out. Since I am doing the same birth plan as last time (that may include another induction as well), I'm just going to avoid them. I decided that I'll cross that bridge when I get to it! Haha (having done this once before helps me a lot in that though).
I agree with the above. Focus on positive birth stories/videos. Do the best you can to remain positive! :)

Kaili: Yes, I have been "kicked to the bathroom" a few times so far. I'm expecting it to happen even more as she gets stronger in there. Lol.

I'm staying away from birth videos this time. I watched a ton last time and freaked myself out. Since I am doing the same birth plan as last time (that may include another induction as well), I'm just going to avoid them. I decided that I'll cross that bridge when I get to it! Haha (having done this once before helps me a lot in that though).
I agree with the above. Focus on positive birth stories/videos. Do the best you can to remain positive! :)

Kaili: Yes, I have been "kicked to the bathroom" a few times so far. I'm expecting it to happen even more as she gets stronger in there. Lol.

The only births I have seen are on television "one born every minute" and they tend to edit a majority of it out because obviously cant fit it in a half hour show :rofl: but I am not scared of giving birth.

As long as my partner is there I can conquer anything I think. So I am tackling it fearless :haha:

So I had my 20 week scan today and I'm expecting another girl! :pink: Slowly coming round to the idea as I was convinced I was having a boy this time Tanwen seems to be having a harder time dealing with it than I do though as right from the start she was saying it's a boy and now she's putting her hands on my bump, pressing and saying "BOY!" :dohh: I'm sure she'll come around to the idea eventually though!

I also found out that I have a low-lying placenta at the moment, though happily it's not covering the cervical os, just reaching, and it should hopefully move up! Really all it means at the moment is that I need to have another ultrasound at 32 weeks, which will be quite nice in a way as I never saw Tanwen that late on! It's still a worry though! I really want to avoid a c-section if I can help it!

Beca :wave:

Hi, i also have a low lying placenta, they told me that in my last ultrasound, but she didn't seem worried at all, she told me not to worry and that I will have another scan around 30weeks to check the position, I asked if that will give me any complication during pregnancy and she told me not, but if the placenta continues there at the end of pregnancy I will need to have a csection.

Hopefully everything will be ok.

Kiss this'll be my 4th labour. Yes it's not pleasant and its painful but just think that every contraction is one less to endure and one step closer to seeing your gorgeous daughter! :hugs:

Ugh I got acid reflux last night. I had to run to the toilet retching. It was horrid! Never had that before! My DS1 kept asking me if I was ok and trying to find a basin I could take with me to bed :)

The ones I watched were all like best case scenarios for the moms in them and they all loved their birth plans. It's moreso that I feel like no birth plan is right for me. I think I want a medicated birth but I am terrified of getting an epidural and want to avoid an episiotomy and pitocin if at all possible. I'm a wimp so I (think I) want drugs but the whole needle in my back thing freaks me out plus I'm pretty sure I'll pass out which is bad for me and baby. I just feel like there is so many decisions and I have no idea what the "right" ones are for me and baby. And the whole watermelon sized baby coming out my vajaja is terrifying, but that goes without saying!

I never had a birth plan! Just went with the flow! Ended up with gas and air and diamorphine with all 3!

Kiss I find the videos often look worse. Go with the flow on the day. My daughter was 9lbs 12oz and I pretty much loved my birth. Water birth with just gas and air x

My 3 so far have just been gas and air, diamorphine with Archie but too late for it to work! I agree with Maybebaby, just go with the flow. I think once you're in the heat of labour you lose track of time and just go with it, however it ends up and with whatever meds. Archie's was not the best of births as he was 33 weeks so was rushed off straight afterwards, but the other 2 weren't so bad. Doesn't mean I'm not a wee bit scared by it all again this time!!......

my eldest i got to the hospital at 8cm by the time i was shown to my room i needed to push so was given G&A it took the edge of the pain of contractions. with my 2nd i didnt use anything as the G&A made me feel sick, i do hope if i need to use the G&A this time it dosnt make me wanna puke!

i didnt have a birth plan with either of my girls, your better to keep calm stay as relaxed as possible because as soon as you feel that first contraction it will soon be over and you ll have your perfect baby youv waited 9months to meet every pain it worth that final push and your baby being placed on your chest.

I'm still going to go with the epidural. I feel like it's the right choice for me personally (again).
I would find out what your hospital offers as far as pain relief goes. I think different hospitals will offer different types. The hospital I delivered my DD at only had the epidural or a spinal block (which I chose against because it is temporary and I was afraid it would wear off) and those were all they offered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->