*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

I have moved into a phase now where I really feel that everything I WANT to eat is going to destroy my glucose test.

Iv been feeling little foot/arms sliding across my tummy all day i love this stage!!

I have moved into a phase now where I really feel that everything I WANT to eat is going to destroy my glucose test.

Wait a minute.. doesn't the glucose test only get affected by the stuff you each the day of your test?? That's what my doctor's office told me. I'm not cutting off my sugar until I absolutely have to! I just pray I don't have GD because sweets (even if it's just fruit) is seriously all I ever want..

Wait a minute.. doesn't the glucose test only get affected by the stuff you each the day of your test?? That's what my doctor's office told me. I'm not cutting off my sugar until I absolutely have to! I just pray I don't have GD because sweets (even if it's just fruit) is seriously all I ever want..

My MW explained to me that u don't want to go cold turkey on carbs and sugar (that would typically be in ur diet). What happens if u cut that out and then take the glucose test, ur body goes haywire bc it hasn't had to process sugar and then overreacts which can lead to false positives. If u are told to eat and not fast stick to eating as u normally would (healthy and don't overload on the sweets/carbs but also don't skip eating them if u typically would).

It is true tho. A lot of women fail the one he and pass the three w flying colors. That is the large downfall to this test. Too many false positives w the one hr

oh yea! what i meant was that the things ive been wanting for the past couple weeks are things that if i eat on the day of my glucose test ill surely fail (donuts, muffins, BLUEBERRY POPTARTS, pretzels, cakes, candy bars, etc)

i have been saying no to them for the past week or so so that my body will be out of the habit of wanting it (sugar cravings thrive on the fact that you actually cave to them)... i've still been chowing down on fruits like there is no tomorrow, but i've tried to limit myself to one loaf of bread per week in hopes that my body will thank me for it =P

Finished 15 mint-colored cloth diapers for baby today (5 newborn, 10 one-size-fits-most).

https://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/ProserpinaPomegranate/Mint_Cloth_Diapers_zps0caf92ef.jpg

Have 15 dark green and 15 green-and-blue starburst patterned diapers to make.

ok seriously, how do you make those?!

Do you just use those or do you need a cover over them to prevent leakage? Trying to decide whether to use cloth or disposable.

ok seriously, how do you make those?!

Do you just use those or do you need a cover over them to prevent leakage? Trying to decide whether to use cloth or disposable.
These diapers do not need a cover. They have three layers: lining, absorbent layer (I used ZORB), and waterproof PUL. They are called all-in-ones and the cloth diaper equivalent of a disposable diaper.

I bought a book that had step-by-step instructions on how to make them, really dumbed-down. I blogged about this (and where I bought supplies) here.

I'm having this debate with my sister-in-law. She wants to host a baby shower for me, but she's insisting on doing it after the baby is born. I always thought you did it before so people could get stuff you'll need for when baby arrives. If you wait till after then you probably already have it all, so what are guests supposed to give? I requested gift cards, but apparently no one likes to give gift cards....thoughts?

Im a fan f the babyshower being thrown before the arrival for the reasons u stated
Plus, call me old school but w having a baby close to the time that cold and flu season starts, I would be weary of large crowds until baby was a few months older but that's just me

Does anyone have a baby that's been persistently transverse? Where r ur movements located?

Does anyone have a baby that's been persistently transverse? Where r ur movements located?

I'm not entirely sure if my little guy is, but my placenta is on the top front of my uterus and I think his head is on my upper right. I get movement and kicks all over, less on the lower right though. I have a lot of excess fat on my stomach so I can't really feel him through my skin yet. I just feel harder spots. I still don't really look pregnant yet! I just look like I've gained weight. I don't have that telltale round stomach, it cuts in the middle and bulges out on top and bottom (muffin top rolls from hell).

I am a twig and I feel my movement all over. He has been head down since my 16 week appointment and I can definitely feel the difference between punches and kicks. I can also feel when he is facing my spine, I get a very distinct lower hard lump at my lower right, and another lump on my middle left from his tushie, while at the same time feeling kicks and jabs hitting me in my organs and back area

I have yet to feel any movements above my belly button. My boys never seemed to fancy the sideways position. My stomach feels Like moosh most of the time So this is weird! Ah has has been this way the entire pregnancy.

I failed both my test so I have to see the diabetic educator. I'm older and have been seeing a high risk dr too. The baby has dilated kidneys so now I have to see my regular dr every two week. I feel like I'm always going to appointments.

Am I the only one who hasn't even started on my nursey yet?

My baby girl favored kicking low and towards my back from weeks 19-21. The last couple weeks they have been high around my belly button primarily. However I still get those low kicks so she is still frequently changing positions.

I failed both my test so I have to see the diabetic educator. I'm older and have been seeing a high risk dr too. The baby has dilated kidneys so now I have to see my regular dr every two week. I feel like I'm always going to appointments.

Am I the only one who hasn't even started on my nursey yet?

My next appointment is June 5th and I actually will be starting my biweekly appointments then (at 24 weeks). I won't have my GD test until like week 26 or 28 (I can't remember what my OB told me).

I have not started the nursery per se, but I have to move my 4 year old first (she is sleeping in the crib that converted to a toddler bed). I will probably move her next month and convert the bed back into a crib around the same time. I've got lots to do yet. Lol.

We are relocating to a new state 5 weeks before I am due so I don't even have a nursery to start on!

As for movement, my baby boy must be a ninja baby with 4 arms because I feel movement ALL over. He has always been transverse when I have an US and most kicks I feel on my right side. Sometimes I get a wack or two up at the top and I swear some days he is punching my cervix or something. I'm very thin and it's actually kind of painful when he makes big movements. I have to pause and let him finish moving when he does that. I really don't like it.

He is still Baby No Name so far.

We officially started on it this past weekend. Had to clean it out first because it was our computer room before that. Just have to figure out where to place everything now.

Little guy is going bananas right now. I think he's lying sideways because I can feel kicks on both sides right now. I've been massaging my stomach to get him out from my ribs. It was starting to hurt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->