*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

I feel for ya girl. I haven't had to deal much with swollen feet, but when they did swell it was aweful. I'm wondering if baby's head is pressing on your low back causing the pain. I have a very bad lower back so I understand that kind of pain. I'd keep an eye on everything and see if it starts to get worse. :hugs:

I have PGP. Baby is breech though.

Here's my foot. I no longer have an ankle. My leg is swollen along with it.

Attachments

• IMG00636-20130720-2319.jpg
    IMG00636-20130720-2319.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 8

Ouch! Last time I saw a foot like that it was a sprain :wacko: I found lying down on the floor and putting my feet up on the wall helped, and drinking a lot of water (sounds silly).

Joys of pregnancy. I think this will have to be my very last lol

I have them soaking in water now.

That is actually really bad. As long as you dont wake up with feet like that, if you do it could be pre-eclampsia. Do you have headaches as well???
I would speak to my midwife just to be safe. Not trying to scare you or anything but I always keep an eye on swelling of any sort :hugs:

Ouch that's looks painful All Girls i'd speak to a midwife of doctor about that swelling as I think that's a lot more than normal x

I'd go back to the hospital with your swelling my sisters feet/lower legs where larger than that the last 2 months of carrying her son doctors kept saying its all a part of pregnancy it will run its course etc she gave birth to her son and soon after they realised it was a lot worse than what the doctor had been telling her, she had a blood clot in her left lower leg and had to go on injections and tablets to break it down slowly to avoid having a operation in the 6-8wk danger zone after birth

Just been for my 34 week midwife appt....
Firstly she couldn't believe how silly my GP's being about signing me off sick with SPD but hey ho.
Secondly Bob is 3/5ths engaged already, thankfully with the head engaged x I thought the baby was low ish as every time it moves its head I get horrible pain in my pubic bone.
Thirdly growth's slowing a little and she wants me to make sure my Consultant measures and plots correctly in 2 weeks time in case of growth restriction.

Who knows Bob could be here early x

All Girls.....u poor thing with those swollen feet...I'd get them checked out and you're BP too etc just to make sure xxx

klcuk3 Glad your appointment went well, yay for baby starting to engage :D

The tops of my feet were very swollen over the weekend and I am going today to make sure everything if ok. When I would push my thumb down on top of them they would keep the indention, that worried me. The only way they went down was to sit with them elevated above my heart for a long period of time. I have to work so I cant do that during the week. I mainly want to make sure it isnt pre eclampsia and make sure my blood pressure is ok. My appt is at 2:30 today.

ckylesworld hope all is okay at appointment

Thank you. I think it is but I am constantly worried they will put me on bed rest. With my 13 yr old son I was put on bed rest at 32 weeks because I was dilated early. This time I havent been checked since 28 weeks so I am worried. Since weeks 28 with this baby I have been sort of on chair rest :) at work I dont stand for long etc hopefuly to avoid the problem I had with my son. I dont get paid maternity or anything so I really cant afford at all to be out from now till 6 weeks after baby.

I had my 34 week appt today and baby is transverse still (sideways). ..ugh. Basically she needs to go head down by my next appt (in two weeks at 36 weeks) or i may have to transfer care (i see HB MWs). They mentioned EVC, but i dont think im the greatest candidate for that so may not even attempt it.

Ill be getting the Group B Strep test swab then too, regardless.

Also, i either had an allergic reaction to penicillin this past week (i was on an antibiotic last week fo r a severe sinus infection) OR i have Obstetric Cholastis (sp?). If im still itching this week then i have to meet with my primary doctor and get bloods drawn for OC. If i have OC, i have to switch care....really hoping im "just" allergic to the antibiotic though...

kluck- thats awesome that baby is getting into position!!! yay!

ckylesworld hope all is okay at appointment

Thank you. I think it is but I am constantly worried they will put me on bed rest. With my 13 yr old son I was put on bed rest at 32 weeks because I was dilated early. This time I havent been checked since 28 weeks so I am worried. Since weeks 28 with this baby I have been sort of on chair rest :) at work I dont stand for long etc hopefuly to avoid the problem I had with my son. I dont get paid maternity or anything so I really cant afford at all to be out from now till 6 weeks after baby.

:hugs: i hope things are okay hon <3

ckylesworld hope the resting helps x

Guppy051708 is the Group B Strep test swab something new in pregnancy, I dont think i was ever offered with my daughter, or is it more a States thing?

My home birth appointment is one week today :happydance:

Guppy051708 is the Group B Strep test swab something new in pregnancy, I dont think i was ever offered with my daughter, or is it more a States thing?

In the US it has been standard offer for at least the last 10 years.
Even if it wernt standard, i would still get it bc when my mom had me (1988) they did not test women for it. Which usually is fine as typically it doesnt cause issues. However, this was not the case for my mother when she delivered me. She went in premature labor and then i ended up getting EXTREMLY severe sepsis (blood poisioning) as a result of the strep B. They even had to place shunts in my forehead and heart in order to survive. They didn't think i would live through the night. They did spinal taps and everything bc at the time they really didn't know much (if anything) about Strep B and so it was all investigative. Although i realize this is rare and a pretty extreme example, it was nearly the cause of the end of my life (thank God it wasn't!) but rare or not, after hearing that, i just can't imagine not getting it. Had that never happened i probably wouldn't be bothered about testing, but that just haunts me.

Have fun at your HB appt! :dance: kinda jealous! :blush: i am not getting one this time bc i just had a HB with them Feb 2012 so theres no need for them to come out (they usually do them at 36 weeks but i live an hour for the free standing birth center).

Guppy051708 i really hope baby turns so you can have your homebirth. And yes it's a shame you don't get another HB appointment. I'm trying to remember and write down all the questions I will want to ask.

And don't blame you for having the test.

I dont know why but i really liked it when the MWs came to my house lol. Sometimes they seem more like a friend than anything. When they came for my birth they cleaned my downstairs and even cooked me a meal in bed after the baby was born! It was pretty nice lol It was like having a Maid,a MW, a doula, and a chef all in one :lol:

:haha: how lovely that they cooked you a meal, I don't think mine will do that

lol im not sure how i got so lucky...i think they felt bad bc i had a really long labor from 1-4CM (30 hours) and then when i got to 4CM it was extremly precipitous (1 hr 15 min from 4CM to placenta). Also, we dont have any family/friend support so i think that was another reason (DS1, at the time was only 17 months old), so i think they felt we had are hands full...cant imagine what they think of me now :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->