*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

This might sound like a silly question, but what does it feel like when baby's head us engaged? I'm feeling all kinds of pressure down low and it feels like he's trying to push out of me half of the time. Especially hurts when I go walking.

Feels a lot like that I'd say! Plus your bump should look visibly "lower" :)

My doctor was hinting that I'll be induced 7-10 days early so I may be having an August baby.

My doctor was hinting that I'll be induced 7-10 days early so I may be having an August baby.

I was induced at 34 weeks due to me being 6 centimeters dialatied it wasn't that bad but I went all natural thinking I wasn't going to take long lol my labor wasn't long but hurted cuz I didn't have any pain medication but good luck Hun btw when I said I thought I wasn't going to take long I thought labor was only going to be a half hour lol due to me being 6 centimeters lol it wasn't that bad when I look at it now all worth it when I saw her smiling face everything was like 7 hours

Guppy051708 Hope baby had turned

CazM 2011 :hugs: why are they being so funny

nico82 :hugs:

I am actually surprised there hasn't been a couple of births yet, normally in these kind of groups a couple of people go before term.

Midwife later today, due at my house some time between 2 and 4 :happydance:

Basically because I have a high BMI the Midwives and consultant feel its their right to dictate every part of my pregnancy and birth. But mainly last time they forced my OH out of the delivery and then treated me so badly it contributed to my PND, I still have nightmares about it. All I wanted was a guarantee my OH can stay with me in the labour process but if not we will be looking at other options. I almost had a panic attack over it the other day and I havnt had one in since before Emma was born, it's starting to play on my mind.

Omg I have been up ever sence 11 pm and its 6:24 now I have wat seemed like contractions I was confused between gas pains and contractions omg lasted for a hour every 2 to 3 minutes and it hasn't come bk now I'm scared

Omg god help you but for me it was diffrent and I think it still is I'm the kind of person that can do better with pain on my own and I told my husband if he could go away cuz I didn't want him to see me in pain I wish there was no such thing as pain

Well that went as I expected awful, the midwife basically made out she had sorted it and handed over a piece of paper that told me there will be no difference in care to last time. Now I'm terrified. Also have me a CPN referral letter like that will make it all better, I honestly don't know what to do next, feel so beaten down by it all, came away crying yet again. I wish we could afford private care or I had the strength to do this at home but they are so dam awkward and told me I am too high risk for home birth, I want this baby born to a happy mom. Not scared of the people looking after me, I know that most of the midwives there are amazing, trying to think that but policies are rubbish, and some midwives are not very nice. I have told them I will not be being induced and she told me that they would think of mine and babies safety, well what about my mental health, sorry this is all jumbled I'm so angry and upset.

CazM 2011 :hugs: is there anyway you could complain and get seen by a different midwife, i did and got an amazing midwife. Also if you feel you are going to get treated badly in hospital then no matter whether it is pre agreed or not, if you refuse to go to hospital the midwives have a duty of care to attend to you at home.

massoma8489 is it worth contacting you midwife or birthing centre to see if they think it may be labour?

My home birth appointment was wonderful, so happy. My fundal height is perfect for my date. Baby is almost fully engaged, midwife said I've engaged early compared to many saying it's my second, I am so far engaged she doesn't think it will be possible for baby to bob (un-engage or anything) she said baby being engaged already may help make my latent phase of labour shorter as may already be softening and thinning cervix. I get put on the home birth list from 12th August, and can actually home birth from 16th August :happydance:

They have basically made it impossible for me to change midwife, I have said to my OH if the care at the hospital isn't ok will be coming home and phoning for a midwife, just don't understand why some people become a midwife and it feels like they hate pregnant women. I want a calm birth with my partner to be treated like a human being and not have drugs forced on me, surely that's an ok request?

Glad your home birh appointment went well, that's exciting knowing your first official date if you know what I mean xx

Is there not a local midwife team or something. I just said you either change my midwife or i will be refusing to see one from now until birth.

CazM 2011 :hugs: is there anyway you could complain and get seen by a different midwife, i did and got an amazing midwife. Also if you feel you are going to get treated badly in hospital then no matter whether it is pre agreed or not, if you refuse to go to hospital the midwives have a duty of care to attend to you at home.

massoma8489 is it worth contacting you midwife or birthing centre to see if they think it may be labour?

My home birth appointment was wonderful, so happy. My fundal height is perfect for my date. Baby is almost fully engaged, midwife said I've engaged early compared to many saying it's my second, I am so far engaged she doesn't think it will be possible for baby to bob (un-engage or anything) she said baby being engaged already may help make my latent phase of labour shorter as may already be softening and thinning cervix. I get put on the home birth list from 12th August, and can actually home birth from 16th August :happydance:

wow thats so neat your baby has almost fully engaged and your fundal height is perfect. Mine is two weeks ahead, guessing its got dads long legs :rofl:

CazM 2011 I really feel for you, giving birth is scary enough without them allowing the support networks you need or the freedom to make your own decisions so you are aware of whats going on and dont feel so alone or that choices are taken off you. I thought you got to make your birth plan not the midwife? I dont know what to say to help :cry::hugs:
Take your husband with you when you see your midwife and explain how you feel, if you take a risk of a home birth I am pretty sure your midwife would be held accountable, but tell her she is leaving you no option if she doesnt satisfy your requests which are important to you.

How many of you are having trouble sleeping now? I'm 35 weeks and I don't think I've slept more than an hour or two at a time without waking up to pee or change position. I feel like a zombie all day. Only 19 more days till maternity leave and I only have to work 11 more shifts. Yes I'm counting! I know it's not going to get any better after baby is born.

I know you should reduce the amount you drink at night to minimize the number of times you have to pee, but if I don't drink anything I feel so dehydrated by morning and it takes all day to catch up.

How many of you are having trouble sleeping now? I'm 35 weeks and I don't think I've slept more than an hour or two at a time without waking up to pee or change position. I feel like a zombie all day. Only 19 more days till maternity leave and I only have to work 11 more shifts. Yes I'm counting! I know it's not going to get any better after baby is born.

I know you should reduce the amount you drink at night to minimize the number of times you have to pee, but if I don't drink anything I feel so dehydrated by morning and it takes all day to catch up.

ME ME ME ME ME :wacko: :coffee:

I wake every hour or so have to roll onto other side because I am either numbing, in pain or my ribs are killing me :dohh:

I dont get a full nights sleep anymore and I am 35 weeks. Maybe IF :baby: drops soon the pressure may come off my chest, but that may not happen for awhile. I was lying there lastnight and placed my hand under my left rib and what do you know....felt its legs moving around :haha:

I usually wake once to go to the bathroom and usually around 3-4am.

FYI: my friend had her baby lastnight at 35 weeks he was 6lbs! Makes it all too real that we could all have babies any minute

Now if only could get some decent :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

I have four weeks exactly left of work, hoping I make it through :coffee: then five days after that until I am due :happydance:

Feeling a bit better now but sleep is not happening thinking things through constantly. My OH has told me he will not leave me side and I know he won't, I will be leaving hospital if they say he has to go and having a home birth or travel to a different hospital. After I had Emma I was so confident in saying no and standing up for myself but during labour I am unable to make my feelings and wants heard which is what my OH is there for.

I know I'm gonna be up like 3 times tonight for a pee, second baby seems to be worst than my 1st, deffinatly not got as good muscles down there shall we say, and every position seems uncomfortable. Only 47 more days max I hope, Wooo!! Seems so close, we picked up the gliding crib tonight, won it on eBay, so happy with it but makes it all seem very soon and real!! Xxx

I am up about every 3 hours :/ Baby girl is breech so I'm having a lot of pelvic pain and my sciatic nerve pain. Next Friday is my last work day! yay i'm so excited. I'm a hair stylist so being on concrete all day and dealing with the public is about to put me over the edge lol. Is anyone else having any braxton hicks? It seems like they show up daily for me now. Also, do you ladies have your hospital bag packed yet? if so what all are you packing?

Nico82 fundal height is a guide Chloe's was always perfect and she was a big baby at 9lbs 12oz. Hope friends baby is doing well.

I keep waking up for the toilet or to turn over so annoying

Nik i get Branxton hicks a few times s day sometimes on an off for an hour or more at once, they are a good sign. Ive packed an incase of transfer bag so not got as much in as full hospital bag. But ideas

Mini shampoo conditioner shower gel ect
Tooth brush, tooth paste
Nightie or pj's for after birth
Old nightie incase you want clothes on in birth
Hair bobbles If long hair
Nappies, cotton wool wipes,
Baby gros, baby vests, scratch mittens
Camera and camera charger or spare battery
Phone and charger
Baby blanket
Maternity pads
Maternity knickers
Breast pads
Nursing bra if planning to breastfeed

That's all I can think of off top of my head

Any of you Sept Moms that are due in the bgining of the month expericing a lot of runny poos? TMI but every morning i wake up with diareah :blush: It started last week. Im middle of 35 weeks now. Not fun!

Had my consult yesterday for LOs position, and an u/s to verify. She is currently head down :yipee: (FINALLY! i think she flipped at 35+1 when i was getting some odd large rolls and movements). The only issue is that she is classed as an "unstable lie" meaning she goes from head down to transverse, back to head down back to transverse, etc. They told me it's bc ive been pregnant so many times that my womb is stretched out and baby girl is small (she is only meausuring in the 30th percentile, perfectly healthy tho). But anyways she just has tons of room to flip around. So the MWs want me to do belly wrapping w the rebozo in hope of keeping her head down....really hope she stays this way for once!

I finally went ahead and ordered my HB kit...really hoping i get to use it!

https://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af180/Guppy051708/bellywrapping35weeksrebozo_zps3506c65a.jpg

And here is Eva :cloud9:
She wasn't being very photogenic, so things are tough to make out. Her fist his up near her face...she is the sweetest little thing <3

https://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af180/Guppy051708/image_zps627de7c5.jpg

I'm not experiencing the runny poo thankfully x but am getting loads of braxton hicks and when walking/standing my tummy is so firm and tight...I didn't get half as many as these last time xx

getting loads of braxton hicks and when walking/standing my tummy is so firm and tight...I didn't get half as many as these last time xx

Same here!
I never had BHs in my other pregnancys so this is all new to me, but in the last week or so ive been getting them constantly. They dont hurt or anything, but im getting them so often i actually got worried it wasn't normal (even though i know BHs are but it just seems excessive). Glad im not the only one then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->