*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

Guppy, yeah I'm getting that. Maybe it's our bodies cleaning themselves out so we don't poop during delivery :haha:

I've been getting a LOT of cramping. I have a suspicion that I won't make it to my due date. Still have 18 days left to work so hopefully he doesn't decide to make an appearance before the 17th! Been feeling just off for the last few days too. My back was KILLING me last night. I think his head was pressing on my bulged disc. Keeping mental track of cramps and seeing if they are consistent or not. I have to learn not to tell Michael about every cramp because he's turned into the nervous expectant Dad. I may be pregnant, but I'm not made of glass!

He seems to have dropped today a bit because I can breathe!, but man is he pressing hard against my lady parts!

that back pain from the head can be brutal! been expericing that the last two days as well. ouch!

I hope it's a clear out sign...i never really have large poos during labor anyways (just small little rabbit ones whilist pushing :blush: but thats to be expected). So maybe it's so.

i just wish i knew when labor would start! i think the end is so long feeling just bc theres a 5 week window and typically you have no idea when it will happen.

oh exactly!

Now I understand when women say this is the part that seems to take the longest!

yeah, i mean i dont mind being pregnant the full 42 weeks, but once you get to 37 its hard not to wake up every day wondering "is this going to be the day?!"

I went to the dr today and for the second week in a row my blood pressure was up and they had me lay on my left side for a few minutes and then it goes down. This week though they took blood. Im waiting on the results to come back. I think they are looking for Toxemia (pre eclampsia) :cry: I have also had swelling in my feet which is another symptom.
They were going to do an ultrasound at 36 weeks to check position, size etc. but now she upped it to next week (35 weeks) I guess she is thinking in case I need to be induced early.
I am VERY stressed about this 1. for the health of me and the baby 2. financially, if I get put on bed rest.

I went to the dr today and for the second week in a row my blood pressure was up and they had me lay on my left side for a few minutes and then it goes down. This week though they took blood. Im waiting on the results to come back. I think they are looking for Toxemia (pre eclampsia) :cry: I have also had swelling in my feet which is another symptom.
They were going to do an ultrasound at 36 weeks to check position, size etc. but now she upped it to next week (35 weeks) I guess she is thinking in case I need to be induced early.
I am VERY stressed about this 1. for the health of me and the baby 2. financially, if I get put on bed rest.

:hug: thats a tough spot to be in hon <3 It must be so hard and worrisome. Just know that you have good care if you need to be induced the benefit outweighs the risk in this case. It sounds like you have a very good doctor. you are in good hands, though i know scary :hugs:
I have a good friend who has had pre-e in all three pregnancys. She got induced with her first at 34 weeks and he was perfectly healthy. a little small but no issues. She went into natural labor at 37 weeks with her second and didn't even need to be induced as the pre-e wasn't as extreme. Her baby was perfect. She recently gave birth to a third baby boy at 34 weeks. she was induced due to pre-e and she and baby are doing wonderful. Im sure it's a very scary time for you but just remember if the induction is necessary to rid the pre-e then that is a very good reason to be induced and will be best for your health and LOs health :hugs: I hope you finances work out. Somehow they always do, but you and baby come first <3 Best of luck hon. I hope things go well. keep us updated if you can :friends:

Guppy051708 glad she is head down

klcuk3 my BH are so much worse this time, it seems common for them to be worse with the more pregnancies you have

ckylesworld :hugs: hope the blood results come back clear

Great news that madam has turned head down Guppy...fingers crossed she stays that way x

Baby head butting pubic bone when u have spd is not pleasant!! Calm down Bob!!

Thanks guys for the words of encouragement. Im still waiting on results. They didnt say it would be today so I figure tomorrow. I am totally not against being induced because I was at 38 weeks with my first but I hope I can make it till 37 weeks and keep working, that would be my dream. I mean I do nothing at work, just sit at my desk mostly and move my hands, not hard at all. I just cant lay on my side and do it :)

I just called them and they said it would be back tomorrow and they would call me. Great, no sleep tonight :wacko:

:hugs: i hope your night goes super fast

ugh. yes SPD is horrible...i feel like someone is sawing my pubic bone in half! Ive never had it this bad before. i swear each pregnancy just gets more problematic than the last.

CazM 2011 :hugs: is there anyway you could complain and get seen by a different midwife, i did and got an amazing midwife. Also if you feel you are going to get treated badly in hospital then no matter whether it is pre agreed or not, if you refuse to go to hospital the midwives have a duty of care to attend to you at home.

massoma8489 is it worth contacting you midwife or birthing centre to see if they think it may be labour?

My home birth appointment was wonderful, so happy. My fundal height is perfect for my date. Baby is almost fully engaged, midwife said I've engaged early compared to many saying it's my second, I am so far engaged she doesn't think it will be possible for baby to bob (un-engage or anything) she said baby being engaged already may help make my latent phase of labour shorter as may already be softening and thinning cervix. I get put on the home birth list from 12th August, and can actually home birth from 16th August :happydance:
Well I called in for the hospital and she said to drink water and if it doesn't go away come in I did drink water and it went away but I know it was contractions but have nothing now so I m guessing everything is Alrit I'm scared to get a pelvic exam that's why I'm scared to say something about it thanks for askn Hun

Has anyone prepared there hospital bags yet any ideas I haven't yet and need some idea on wat to take with my last baby I had her at 34 weeks and really never prepared for anything so this is new to me

How many of you are having trouble sleeping now? I'm 35 weeks and I don't think I've slept more than an hour or two at a time without waking up to pee or change position. I feel like a zombie all day. Only 19 more days till maternity leave and I only have to work 11 more shifts. Yes I'm counting! I know it's not going to get any better after baby is born.

I know you should reduce the amount you drink at night to minimize the number of times you have to pee, but if I don't drink anything I feel so dehydrated by morning and it takes all day to catch up.

Weirdly, I'm actually sleeping quite well. Although I do get up to pee at minimum 4 times a night, I've gotten REALLY REALLY good at staying "asleep" while I'm peeing. No flushing toilet, leaving doors open, not opening your eyes really helps to not fully wake you. I've had the worst back pain so its hard to fall asleep initially, but once I'm asleep, I'm out like a light. Try a benadryl one night and see if it helps. I don't take them often, but on nights that I've taken them for my cat allergy, I always seem to sleep super epically.

Has anyone prepared there hospital bags yet any ideas I haven't yet and need some idea on wat to take with my last baby I had her at 34 weeks and really never prepared for anything so this is new to me

I've been slowly adding to ours (mine and baby's). Husband says I'm being ridiculous as baby only needs an outfit LOL! According to my hospital website they'll keep me 2 nights (after vaginal birth). They provide diapers, tees, and blankies for baby; they also provide pads, underwear, soap, deodorant, toothbrush, and toothpaste for mommy. I'm taking my own deodorant though. I'll also need my own shampoo.
I'll need socks, slippers, pj's, and my own going-home outfit. They say bring an outfit that you wore at your 6-month stage. I'd like to take one of my own pillows but because it doesn't fit into a bag I may not. I don't like the idea of carrying my pillow out and about.
Oh, and if you wear glasses or contacts make sure you have the items you need to go with them!! I'm taking my glasses and my contacts (contact case and saline solution)!

i should really get on to packing my hospital bag since i'll be 36 weeks on saturday :blush: im too much of a procrastinator! ...not even sure i ever packed it with DS2 :haha:

My ticker moved up to the last box today! :shock:

Ladies that have hospital births, steal some of their mesh throw away maternity underwear and some of those awesome perineal ice packs....divine i tell ya! Def use em up in the hospital, but dont be afraid to take some free bees home!

I have mine mostly packed except some last minute stuff (which I have a list tacked to the fridge). Basically I took a change of clothes for me, PJ's, a housecoat, slippers, extra underwear, bra. Toiletries, extra absorbent pads, breast pads, my own towel, something to go home in. Oh and some garbage bags are already in the car to put on the seat in case my water breaks on the way to the hospital! Don't forget snacks or money for the vending machine. I also packed a secondary bag with some extra clothes that we're leaving at home in case I need a c-section. That way my husband can just come home and grab it.

I'm also going to take my Kobo (e-reader), laptop, DVD's. Might not use them, but I'll have them anyways in case things take awhile.

For baby I have his blanket that crochet'd for him, a few outfits in different sizes, hat (probably won't need it because it's warm), a few newborn diapers (our hospital only has size 1)

Don't forget your camera and extra batteries!

ill be getting mine together with in the next week once baby bits have been washed need to get vests, bibs and socks and baby is sorted, only things i need are pj's, slippers and lip balm. :)

I just don't know what I want to do about getting a doula or not.... I called my friends doula (whom she recommended) but she's not taking any new September moms. She referred me to someone else and I called and talked to her a bit. I just don't know though... It's $650 and I'm just not convinced its worth it. My insurance is amazing and is covering 100% of the hospital cost (after my $100 deductible) so in some ways, I don't have to pay for the birth so I can afford the doula. Oooor I could just have a free birth completely. I just don't know!!

Wow are they that amazing 650 kiss08 I wish there was something that could just take the pain away for 650 lol but it's amazing how after birth the pain would just disiper but I would rather spend 650 on baby or me i have heared good things about them though wondering if its all true anyways Someone said about the hospital having things to yes. The hospital that I'm dilviering in has lots of stuff for baby and mom like newborn baby diapers Jonsons baby shampo hats for babys new swadler blankets pacifiers milk bottles breast pump and with my last baby I got a present from the hospital for having a new year baby it was 2 Kashmir sweaters that came with mittens and hat and bots they also give u 2 newborn 30 pack pamper swadler diapers and for the mom they provide underwear paps diodernt wipes that u put down there to let the swolen cool down there amazing ice packs that basically it but I'm going to get started and let u guys now wat I add

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->