*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

:shock: That's crazy you're 6cm!!! Sounds like your labour will go quickly once it happens!

Same thing that happened to me with my daughter but just a little diffrent cuz I start at 18 weeks I started at 1 cmt then at 20 something I moved to 4 cmt then at 32 my water broke and I was 6 cmt and at 34 weeks I was induce just incase I get a infaction and that labor lasted from 3:27 am to 10:27 am I thought it wasn't going to take a hour lol but that wasn't the case maybe it will be diffrent this time sence I'm almost full term they say biger baby's are easyer to give birth to

I'm sure it's been said already... but I'm finding it totally unbelievable that we're HERE, having babies already.... hitting full term..... it's crazy!!!

So now my mom is going on holiday from 37 weeks in itself not a problem apart from she has said all along she wanted to be our childcare so I have nothing sorted, and everyone else is busy. Fantastic!! And doctors are talking earlier delivery, just want to stop worrying about everything, sorry for the whinge.

Can't believe people are turning full term and dilating!! Babies will be coming out soon xxx

Congrats on you full termys! yay!

I had my 37 week appt today and found out im GBS positive...sucks. but at least i know, i guess...just wasnt expecting it since i never had it with my other two, but i do understand it comes and goes.

Guppy051708 sorry to hear that do you have to do anything specific because of it?

Guppy051708 sorry to hear that do you have to do anything specific because of it?

yeah. My options are IV antibiotic in the hospital (not doing that lol), IV AntiB at home w the MWs, theres an antiseptic vaginal wash i can use that will kill the bacteria in the vagina (Hibiclense), water birth (can help cleanse it, apparently but isn't totally effective) or do nothing. Ive opted for the vaginal antiseptic. Its the least invasive but also just as effective as the IV line. With my moms history with giving birth to me and my nearly dying from Strep B blood posioning, it def doesn't sit well with me to do nothing (Even though her case was extremly rare). So im going to do the antiseptic wash. I dont have to do it until my water breaks. Then its once every 4 hours. So thats what ive decided. and im also having a waterbirth, so between the two im hopeful that will clear things out well enough to not infect the baby.

that's good Guppy051708 at least you can still have the birth you want :D hope it all goes smoothly.

Wonder which one of us lovely ladies will have baby next

thanks hon :friends: im thinking the same :)

I cant wait to meet this LO! some days i feel like i'll be pregnant until 42 weeks and others i think "today is the day" (foolishly :lol:)

I know there were a couple premies in this thread, but im happily surprised that there havn't been more! Ive been apart of 4 threads so far (one with angel baby, one with DS1, DS2, and of course this one) and usually there are quite a few more babys born a bit early, so well done ladies and babies!

Yes when i had Chloe there was loads of early births I've been surprised there hasn't in there.

And like you one day i think oh i may go into labour in the next few days, because im getting so many pains, the next i think no i am definitely going over.

yess! thats excatly it! ive had really bad back labor style pains all weekend, nauesa, vomiting, big d. constant dull ache. but then i think, yeah right, like today is going to be the day (*Sarcasm* lol)

I've been having back pain and period like cramping since Saturday. I wish it would just start already!

11 days until full-term. I wanted to wait until Sept 1 as my insurance improves then but I'm ready to meet my baby, not be pregnant anymore, and to be on maternity leave. Getting so uncomfortable... and still a month to go until due date... bleh..

I've had loads of Braxton hick tightenings today and a little show, nothing really to write home about though!

I don't know if I like waiting for this ticking time bomb...yes it's exciting but I hate not knowing when it'll all happen!

Just popping in to see if anyone else has had their little one yet?

It's day 7 for me and baby Mila in hospital and starting to feel down. Mila came a month early but has lost 10% of her birth weight and doesn't cue feed and is very sleepy and doesn't arouse to feed. They have nasal gastro feeds going with expressed milk but I would prefer her to wake proper and demand the breast :cry:

It's so hard I never saw her for 14 hours after she was born due to emergency c-section and only just got to try first bath and diaper change at day 6.
I just want to go home :cry:

Birth Story

I had a few days of aches, sniffles and sore throat so when it progressed to a cough I made a dr appointment. On 07 August 2013 I went to the GP and waited two hours in pain to be seen only to be told there could be another 90 minute wait. So I walked out to find another GP who said I had pay $50 upfront and couldn't see them until tomorrow. Rang my midwife in tears, by this stage I could barely walk, stomach rock hard and intense pain all over even hurt to breath.
I drove home as best as I could and sat in the car an hour trying to get the guts to move in so much pain. I was home alone.
I made it to my bed and I tried to use the toilet and couldn't as it hurt too much to sit down. So fell onto the bed and cried until I fell asleep. I woke an hour later and I couldn't move, couldn't sit up and I rolled onto my back and screamed in pain. Tried to push myself up with hands and no luck. Lucky my mobile was next to me and I called my partner who came home. He dialed an ambulance.

The entire time he was on the phone I could hear them tell him to remove my pants, I screamed for him not to touch me as any movement hurt. The ambulance came and tried to move me and I said no no no don't touch me! Choking on tears. They gave me gas which I couldn't use as each breath of it (shallow) I coughed which hurt me more. Each bump made me cry in pain.

I was taken to labor and delivery where at least 20 people assessed me. They talked appendicitis (burst), gall stones, infection, placental abruption, even told my partner to sign papers for a nasal gastric tube to be inserted in me that I may be taken to high dependency unit afterwards for monitoring, even said they may have to remove parts of my bowel etc. I was in a daze but just wanted the pain to stop!

I was then given an exam, no dilation of cervix still long and closed, and they inserted a catheter which was like a tickle compared to the pain I was in. Then I was told they were removing the baby as they couldn't give me anymore pethadine it was affecting the baby, her heart rate was at 199 BPM. I was also being given morphine. So I cried so hard when they said I was going under GA and not EPI and both me and my partner wouldn't be there when she was born or to find out the sex as we had stayed team yellow for the entire time.
I just wanted my partner there I was so afraid. We hadnt packed bags, done the nursery or even put the carseat in the car.

I felt like I was stuck in a dream. Could only feel my partners hand stroking mine now and then and people calling me to open eyes and listen to them.

They wheeled me off to surgery. My partner kissed me goodbye and then he was gone. I had no energy to cry, just begged them to make the pain stop.

I remember feeling my arms being taped down to the sides. Four anesthetists inserting central lines into my arms to control my blood pressure. I watched as long pipes were pushed in, felt like I was frozen but in pain. No control, tears falling down my face one of them said my name and asked if I remembered her from labor and delivery, everyone looked the same. I didn't know anyone.
The surgeon leant down and said "trust us, you will be ok"

I then had gas which made me try to analyze what it smelt like, I asked why am I not falling asleep. He said now you will, as they pushed an iv sedative down my drip. I closed my eyes and heard them say. "Ok let's go she is falling asleep now"

I woke up and I don't actually remember much apart from wanting my partner and STILL feeling pain. Then realizing it must be from surgery. Apparently I lost over a litre of blood, my placenta was rigid also. I think it took me awhile to ask if it was a boy or girl.

They did exploratory surgery also so my incision is up and down not the usual c-section. They keep telling me I had major surgery, it's been hard to walk, sit up or even move and to make matters worse I was constipated 5 days!

Laxatives, and two anenamas later I finally went six times in half an hour!!!!
I am barely eating at the moment and one breast produced a lot of milk and the other barely any. Feeling deflated.

I just want to go home with my baby and be a family.

This is a photo of Mila.

Love to all and I pray your births are not as stressful :hugs:
Thanks for supporting me!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 9
I've been having back pain and period like cramping since Saturday. I wish it would just start already!

I agree AnakeRose i keep having similar things :dohh:

:hugs: ladies. ive been having this too since thursday! not so much the menstrual type cramping by my back has been in agony since and i havn't been able to find much relief at all. I never had this happen in my other pregnancys.

i did go to the chiropractor today and he said my tailbone was outta wack. He adjusted me and helped a little, but im still having a lot of dull ache and it still hurts pretty bad.

wonder if this means we will all go on the same day? :D
:dust:

OMG Nico I had tears in my eyes reading that! So sorry you went through all of that pain :hugs:

On the positive side, she's absolutely gorgeous!! Just hold onto that little one tight.

I hope you get to go home soon Nico <3 and she is adorable, congrats! Sorry it wasn't the best experience, but she is here now and hopefully soon you can all be together at home as a family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->