*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

ugh, I can't stand up for more than 10 minutes at a time. I don't know how the diabetes clinic ladies expect me to go for a walk! My stomach feels like I've pulled all the muscles in the top of my bump. :sad1: I'm so ready for this to be over. It's not contractions, but I'm in a lot of pain. Burning muscles feeling like I've been doing situps for days.

Nico lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way!! Sorry you had such a stressful time! She is gorgeous! Congratulations and hopefully you will all come home together soon:)

:hugs: Nico what a gorgeous baby girl you have there <3
So sorry your experience was so stressful :( Hope you recover well from the surgery and can take your baby girl home soon :hugs:

Nico - sorry you had such a traumatic experience!! Did they figure out what was wrong??

Just popping in to see if anyone else has had their little one yet?

It's day 7 for me and baby Mila in hospital and starting to feel down. Mila came a month early but has lost 10% of her birth weight and doesn't cue feed and is very sleepy and doesn't arouse to feed. They have nasal gastro feeds going with expressed milk but I would prefer her to wake proper and demand the breast :cry:

It's so hard I never saw her for 14 hours after she was born due to emergency c-section and only just got to try first bath and diaper change at day 6.
I just want to go home :cry:

Birth Story

I had a few days of aches, sniffles and sore throat so when it progressed to a cough I made a dr appointment. On 07 August 2013 I went to the GP and waited two hours in pain to be seen only to be told there could be another 90 minute wait. So I walked out to find another GP who said I had pay $50 upfront and couldn't see them until tomorrow. Rang my midwife in tears, by this stage I could barely walk, stomach rock hard and intense pain all over even hurt to breath.
I drove home as best as I could and sat in the car an hour trying to get the guts to move in so much pain. I was home alone.
I made it to my bed and I tried to use the toilet and couldn't as it hurt too much to sit down. So fell onto the bed and cried until I fell asleep. I woke an hour later and I couldn't move, couldn't sit up and I rolled onto my back and screamed in pain. Tried to push myself up with hands and no luck. Lucky my mobile was next to me and I called my partner who came home. He dialed an ambulance.

The entire time he was on the phone I could hear them tell him to remove my pants, I screamed for him not to touch me as any movement hurt. The ambulance came and tried to move me and I said no no no don't touch me! Choking on tears. They gave me gas which I couldn't use as each breath of it (shallow) I coughed which hurt me more. Each bump made me cry in pain.

I was taken to labor and delivery where at least 20 people assessed me. They talked appendicitis (burst), gall stones, infection, placental abruption, even told my partner to sign papers for a nasal gastric tube to be inserted in me that I may be taken to high dependency unit afterwards for monitoring, even said they may have to remove parts of my bowel etc. I was in a daze but just wanted the pain to stop!

I was then given an exam, no dilation of cervix still long and closed, and they inserted a catheter which was like a tickle compared to the pain I was in. Then I was told they were removing the baby as they couldn't give me anymore pethadine it was affecting the baby, her heart rate was at 199 BPM. I was also being given morphine. So I cried so hard when they said I was going under GA and not EPI and both me and my partner wouldn't be there when she was born or to find out the sex as we had stayed team yellow for the entire time.
I just wanted my partner there I was so afraid. We hadnt packed bags, done the nursery or even put the carseat in the car.

I felt like I was stuck in a dream. Could only feel my partners hand stroking mine now and then and people calling me to open eyes and listen to them.

They wheeled me off to surgery. My partner kissed me goodbye and then he was gone. I had no energy to cry, just begged them to make the pain stop.

I remember feeling my arms being taped down to the sides. Four anesthetists inserting central lines into my arms to control my blood pressure. I watched as long pipes were pushed in, felt like I was frozen but in pain. No control, tears falling down my face one of them said my name and asked if I remembered her from labor and delivery, everyone looked the same. I didn't know anyone.
The surgeon leant down and said "trust us, you will be ok"

I then had gas which made me try to analyze what it smelt like, I asked why am I not falling asleep. He said now you will, as they pushed an iv sedative down my drip. I closed my eyes and heard them say. "Ok let's go she is falling asleep now"

I woke up and I don't actually remember much apart from wanting my partner and STILL feeling pain. Then realizing it must be from surgery. Apparently I lost over a litre of blood, my placenta was rigid also. I think it took me awhile to ask if it was a boy or girl.

They did exploratory surgery also so my incision is up and down not the usual c-section. They keep telling me I had major surgery, it's been hard to walk, sit up or even move and to make matters worse I was constipated 5 days!

Laxatives, and two anenamas later I finally went six times in half an hour!!!!
I am barely eating at the moment and one breast produced a lot of milk and the other barely any. Feeling deflated.

I just want to go home with my baby and be a family.

This is a photo of Mila.

Love to all and I pray your births are not as stressful :hugs:
Thanks for supporting me!
Happy for u Hun at 36 better then 34 she will catch on trust me my baby was born at 34 weeks and I had the same problems but I hope u feel better and she amazingly buetiuful

Nico that all sounds so stressful, I'm glad you're on the mend now but wow what a way to have a baby. She is beautiful. Hugs. Xx

Hope you get home soon nico sorry you're having a rough time

Anake hope the pain gets better

You never know we may guppy but I still think I may go overdue :dohh:

Pool arrived early this morning, everything as it should be. Term by my dates which in a way I trust more than scan so baby can feel free to come now

nico what a beautiful miss she is, m sure it all feels alittle unreal while your in hospital, but once your both home im sure you will enjoy your time lots more with your beautiful girl
Mila x

Nico- I know I congratulated u in a different thread but congrats again! She is just beautiful. <3 I hope ur recovery is going well :flower:

Nico congratulations on your beautiful daughter and sorry you had such a rough time x hope you're both home soon xx

Nico-- sorry for your experience-- but she's adorable :) Congrats momma!

nico82

That sounds absolutely HORRIBLE
But thank GOD you are both okay. She is GORGEOUS!
Congratulations :)

I'm hoping other women can share their stories of how long they were 6 cm dilated before they went into labor. I've been like that for about 4 days now. I just need to know how long this is likely to last.

Nick so sorry to hear of such a traumatic birth :-( I hope all of this passes for you very quickly and you and your beautiful little girl can be home shortly!

Nico, she is beautiful! Congratulations! Sorry the birth was so traumatic for you. :hugs:
I'll be meeting my lo next Tuesday, getting nervous for the c-section.
Hope everyone is well!

DR appointment today. I'm 1cm dilated I've been crampy since yesterday. Now I'm really uncomfortable. :yipee: so maybe not too much longer for me

DR appointment today. I'm 1cm dilated I've been crampy since yesterday. Now I'm really uncomfortable. :yipee: so maybe not too much longer for me

I had one today too...doctor didn't even check me :brat:

Just start already!

Hey ladies, sorry with the move and being sick I couldn't really get any BnB time in.

Congrats to the couple ladies who have had their bubs :D I noticed it on the front page.

I am feeling very very very very very pregnant right now :O
I have pretty much everything except for swelling, but I'm sure that will hit me soon too.

Had my first weekly appointment today and Baby boy is no longer transverse but he's also still very high and free. He is measuring average too :D
Next week is a big appointment, bloods, tests, talking about VBAC labour/birth and my options. Got to go through our plan and discuss what sorts of induction we are allowed if we need it. Also going to be talking about the chances of a repeat c-section and possibly booking one as a back up for around 40/41 weeks.

They are going to start giving me a stretch and sweep at every appointment after this next one so that we can have a better chance at achieving our VBAC.

I am soooo ready not to be pregnant but at the same time I am not prepared to be a mum of 2 just yet, so I am glad to have the time.

How is everyone else going?

Who's due date is next?

It sure sounds like some of you are going to go into labour any minute now!!!!

I still check daily to see how you are all doing :hugs:

Day 8 for Mila. Dropped from 6lb 3oz to 5lb 5oz in a week. Having episodes of apnea and turning blue and not breathing :cry: still fighting some infection so back on antibiotics and fed nasal gastrically. She may not be discharged for a few more weeks :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->