*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

no full moon baby for me :( oh well still only 37+1 so cant really complain, do hope i go slightly early though

From what I understand, walking (in general and up and down staris) and bouncing/rocking on a ball can help baby engage which will eventually bring on labor. Walking can bring on BHs which can also help push baby in the right direction. Same with orgasms tightening your uterus (thereby pushing baby down to continue to add pressure to your cervix and encourage dilation/labor). Sex (well, sperm) can soften your cervix making it more favorable for labor. Nipple stimulation (2-3 minutes on one side, switch to other side, alternate sides for 30 minutes.. can do daily) will release the natural variant to pitocin so that can encourage labor, too. But, as MTC said, most natural labor encouraging techniques will only be the straw to break the camels back, per se. It will only work if your body/baby is ready. The spicy foods, pineapple, and other techniques seem to be old wives tales but some people do claim they work!

All of the natural things to "induce" labor only "work" if you are going to go into labor anyways. As Kiss pointed out, some things that you do can help with fetal positioning, etc but as far as actually kicking labor off, the body gets signaled through the lung development of the baby (in an uncomplicated, normal healthy pregnancy). So unless that lung development is a certain point, you can try every method until the cows come home but it probably wont work (never know though, so i dont say it wont work at all). Seman/EPO can soften the cervix to help once labor gets started. Walking/ball can help get the baby lower or into a better position. RRLT can help strengthen the uterus so that once labor actually starts, contractions are more efficient, and the pump/nipple stimulation can increase oxytocin levels to help contractions along but if your body isn't on the brink of labor anyways, none of those things will work and most of them arn't even helpful until you are actually in labor.
I spent A LOT of time researching this with my first. I did every logical and every crazy thing you can think of to "naturally induce" labor and not one little thing worked. I went 41+5. Then i became trained in child birth ed and birth doula and learned that its the the babys lung development (and a symphony of other things that no one fully understands) that signals labor (in a healthy pregnancy), so it's no wonder none of it actually "worked" at "inducing"....heck even close to half of medical induction fail and that is some strong crap they use! :lol:

Lost part of my plug this morning (I think)...Yellowish and snot-like. We'll see if I get more through the day.

Lost part of my plug this morning (I think)...Yellowish and snot-like. We'll see if I get more through the day.

sounds like it. Hopefully your plug loss actually means something...been losing mine with streaked blood for weeks :brat:

good luck! maybe between that and the blue moon something will happen :D
:dust:

sounds like it. Hopefully your plug loss actually means something...been losing mine with streaked blood for weeks :brat:

Which definition of a Blue Moon are you referring to? 2 in the same month or 3rd of 4 in the same season?

Which definition of a Blue Moon are you referring to? 2 in the same month or 3rd of 4 in the same season?

3rd of the 4th in the same season :thumbup:

I agree I'm so excited. Just did something really silly and watched midwife programme on bbc very jealous now

i also watched it was really good. slightly better than obem i think :baby:

i have scan tomorrow and consultant appointment, shall see if baby has turned or not (i think he/she is back to breech tbh) and if he/she is above the growth chart line :flower:

I agree I'm so excited. Just did something really silly and watched midwife programme on bbc very jealous now

i also watched it was really good. slightly better than obem i think :baby:

i have scan tomorrow and consultant appointment, shall see if baby has turned or not (i think he/she is back to breech tbh) and if he/she is above the growth chart line :flower:

hope your LO has turned :hugs:
My little diva was a persistant transverse lie until nearly 36 weeks, so dont give up hope yet :hugs:

Hopes baby's turned youngNImuk

AnakeRose hope your plug means something mine been coming away for days think it comes away then reforms for me

I am going through a crazy amount of liners :dohh: had one that was almost all bloody mucus and though it was it but still here

thank you both, i was 99% sure he/she had turned transverse but almost certain baby is back to breech now, shall find out either way tomoz lol going to get th last few bits for hospital bag afterwards hopefully, depending on how long ill be waiting at hospital :/

Hopes baby's turned youngNImuk

AnakeRose hope your plug means something mine been coming away for days think it comes away then reforms for me

I hope it means something! I haven't had anything my whole pregnancy..no blood, no discharge, nothing. I keep wiping thinking I'll see something. Definitely feeling ready to go! Going to try and go for a long walk today to see if I can get stuff started :)

I am going through a crazy amount of liners :dohh: had one that was almost all bloody mucus and though it was it but still here

I've been wearing panty liners for months already because I seem to have a leak problem. Hopefully it doesn't get worse after birth.

A friend of mine gave me a kids pad to put on our bed in case my water breaks while I'm sleeping. I'd rather not have to buy a new mattress right now.

thank you both, i was 99% sure he/she had turned transverse but almost certain baby is back to breech now, shall find out either way tomoz lol going to get th last few bits for hospital bag afterwards hopefully, depending on how long ill be waiting at hospital :/

My little guy was transverse till 36 weeks. I was lying in bed one night and actually felt him turn (it hurt like hell!). Don't give up hope yet.

I'm hoping waters don't break until near end they didn't with dd. Also hope the walk works I've just been on a longish one with dh and dd to park and back

My BP is still high so still on bed rest. She said I was dilated to 2cm :happydance: I hope to keep him in till 39 weeks, that is my goal. I go back next Wednesday for another ultrasound to check blood flow to placenta and BP.

Oww yay for starting to dilate hope scan goes well and bp comes down x

Ok lady's just got back from my appointment. I'm 70% effaced and 2cm...yay. Baby's still high tho. We talked if I don't go on my own will be included next Friday, due to my kidney problems. I really hope I go on my own. It's nice to know that all my cramps and contractions aren't in vain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->