*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

Cervix finally open! 1-2 cm.
Induction scheduled for next Wednesday, but hoping I won't need it as I have been having more and more cramps and contractions.

OMG am I hurting after that sweep! Hopefully it kickstarted something!

For those who have been through labor before, how regular do contractions have to be to be considered regular?
I have been having what I would describe as "waves" of pain all afternoon and evening. It feels like menstrual cramps, sometimes even in my back, along with that tightening feeling. But they are not perfectly regular. It comes every 10-20 minutes and can last 20-60 seconds. Could this be early labor?

Could be early labour pink. My midwives wanted 2 preferably 3 contractions in 10 mins lasting around 60 seconds to be classed as established x

normally 3-4 min apart and lasting 50-60 seconds is considered latent phase labour and warrents a call to your MW

I know I'm late getting things ready for baby (always was a last-minute kind of woman), but I'm done sewing my 15 newborn cloth diapers:

https://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/ProserpinaPomegranate/clothdiapers_zpsac0aad26.jpg​

I have another six newborn BumGenius all-in-one cloth diapers (2 pink, 2 green, 2 yellow) and 4 BumGenius all-in-ones (2 blue, 2 green) arriving in the mail today that are supposed to fit babies "8 lbs. to 35 lbs." Was also given another 6 BumGenius all-in-ones (2 pink, 2 green, 2 yellow) that are for "8 lbs. to 35 lbs." at my shower.

Will post a picture of my entire newborn stash later today.

Heading to the hospital for the second time this week, both non-baby related! DH broke his elbow on Tuesday so we made an ER trip (boy, were they amused when we told them we were there for him, not me). Today he has surgery to set his elbow for recovery.

Next time I go to the hospital I better be bringing home a baby dang it!!

Congratulations to all the new mummy's <3

I have a csection booked for tomorrow, exciting times. Xx

Good luck tomorrow alocin!!

Pink Petals it sounds like it could be early labour. My early labour was similar...I was in pain on and off all day but felt more like mentstrual cramps. They got regular around 8pm coming every 10 mins....they got closer and closer together and more intense and I headed to the hospital when they were painful and about 4-5 min apart :flower:

Proserpina those diapers look great! You must have saved so much money making them yourself!

Alocin good luck tomorrow! Our c section is at 8:00 A.M and I'm getting so excited!!!

Heading to the hospital for the second time this week, both non-baby related! DH broke his elbow on Tuesday so we made an ER trip (boy, were they amused when we told them we were there for him, not me). Today he has surgery to set his elbow for recovery.

Next time I go to the hospital I better be bringing home a baby dang it!!

LOL poor hubby! Hope he recovers quickly!

So if I don't go on my own, I go in for an induction on Saturday at 8am. I should have my little guy this weekend!

Cramping a LOT today, but I expected that after the aggressive sweep he did yesterday. You know I think this is the only time during pregnancy that you're actually 'happy' to see a spot of blood.

Surprisingly I had an awesome sleep last night! Only woke up twice instead of 10 times. Maybe it's because now I know there's an end on the horizon and I know when it'll happen. My mind isn't working overtime like it was.

Told DH last night what I wanted for pain management in case I can't say for some reason. I'd rather be put right out for a c-section because I can honestly say I'll freak out on the table and that's not healthy for either of us.

There was a young girl in labor when I was in having my NST yesterday (couldn't have been more than 17) and her boyfriend kept saying he had a say in her pain management....uhh....no you don't buddy, sorry! Now I know why they don't like to have a lot of people in the room with the mom. They kept arguing. I finally had to ask them to turn their ringers off because they had them turned up really loud. I don't care if you text or message people, but come on have some respect for the other 3 of us in the room and turn your ringers off. I had mine on vibrate. Poor girl kept apologizing for moaning and making a lot of noise. I told her not to worry because we're all going to be there at some point and she kinda deserves it (the other 3 of us were in agreement). Made her feel better. I'm 35 and really nervous...I can't imagine being her age and going through this.

Alocin good luck tomorrow! Our c section is at 8:00 A.M and I'm getting so excited!!!

Thank you and Good Luck to you also :) we have not been told the time, will find out when we get there at 8am. Excitement is kicking in now i have got over the shock of it. X

I went out walking and some guy yelled "holy cow!" when he saw me. I think that means it's time! :haha:

Gah! Nothing! I have nothing going on. No cramps, Braxton Hicks. Nada.

COME OUT BABY!!!

Losing a lot of my mucus plug this morning in pieces. 24 hours till I go to the hospital for my induction unless I start before then!

Think I'm in the early stages of labour! Lots of contractions but no pattern to them and they're not always painful, although they sometimes floor me with the mixture of pain and extraordinary pressure! Losing lots of plug and it's sometimes a little blood streaked! Saw midwife yesterday and she said that she didn't think that I'd make it to my next appointment at 40+4 and also that she thought baby would be 8 lb + if I made it to 40 weeks! Baby's also fully engaged- midwife couldn't feel any of it and I actually just have 'eng' written on my notes rather than a fraction, which I've never had before! Very cautiously letting myself get excited now!

Good luck to everyone, especially those having c-sections or inductions soon! Hope we all have a relatively easy time of it!

Beca :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->