*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

tonight my MIL wants to take us out for my birthday dinner to a Chinese restaurant, anybody know if its safe for me to eat Crispy duck? It's my favorite thing on the menu and I get it every time we go, and if I don't ask for it and instead eat like a salad and some noodles, she's gonna know something is up, and I don't want to tell her til march. Any thoughts on whether normal chinese food is okay? My husband is chinese, so that makes my baby half chinese, and I imagine his parents ate chinese food in china every day (LOL) so I'm not TOO TOO worried, just need the peace of mind.

Glad your scan went well mtc... My DH has brought a 'doppler' it will arrive in a few days, how sweet! I think it will keep me going in between the midwife appointments haha but don't think it works very well until you are about 10 weeks gone or something. Have any of you girls used one before? Xxx

nico82 lovely tests don't worry loads of people are poas addicts :haha:

Sorry you felt so washed out for your nana's birthday hope you get your energy back soon x

I am going to stop POAS now. Apparently at six weeks the HCG level peaks and then goes down again at a slow rate. Well thats what I read in a pregnancy book :shrug:

Glad your scan went well mtc... My DH has brought a 'doppler' it will arrive in a few days, how sweet! I think it will keep me going in between the midwife appointments haha but don't think it works very well until you are about 10 weeks gone or something. Have any of you girls used one before? Xxx

I had one! It really depends on how slim you are, I think. If you are quite slim then you can maybe hear the hb on a Doppler at about 8.5-9 weeks. If not it takes a little longer. Initially the baby is really low so you have to search around your pubic bone to find the hb. There are some great clips on YouTube that show exactly how to do it.

kaili i can't see anything wrong with it as long as its cooked properly.

JLMC i either got my dd's heartbeat with mine at 10 weeks or 14 weeks. i doubt you would get anything until close to 10 and you may not even get anything. Midwives where i am don't like to use til close to 16 weeks. but i know i got dd before this. Also use loads of gel and at first be prepared to look for 5-10 mins to find.

nico82 i think it's a bit higher than 6 weeks but i am not 100% sure but it does start going down

Mtc did you put your recent scan pic up at all? I'd like to see it if that's okay cause we are at the same stage.. Just want to see what it's like compared to mine please? I'm on my phone at work so it's really slow to load & go back pages :( xx

i did but have added it again for you hunni :D Did you ever put yours up?

Attachments

• IMAG0416.jpg
    IMAG0416.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 8
i did but have added it again for you hunni :D Did you ever put yours up?

Ahh that's lovely, yeah mine is
In the thread somewhere.. I went for the scan on Friday so will be a few pages behind.. Could see the sack and yolk sack but no fetal pole I don't think, although the nurses were talking about it I just didn't understand - I wish I'd had asked more questions now though! When is it you're going for your next scan? Xx

Sorry you felt so washed out for your nana's birthday hope you get your energy back soon x

I am going to stop POAS now. Apparently at six weeks the HCG level peaks and then goes down again at a slow rate. Well thats what I read in a pregnancy book :shrug:

Nico- I need to quit POAS as well! I am getting a stronger pregnant line than a control line, because my levels are rising appropriately, or so I read. It's just so reassuring.

Iv been having sharp pains on my right side on and off today, im a bit worried! Should i see the dr tomorrow if its still there? X

JLMC 14th jan, do you have another one due?

bakeranm99 glad your tests are reassuring

babydevil1989 i would take some paracetamol and see how you go if they are bad or worry you then yes go to the doctors tomorrow

I have to write about another 850 words to finish my essay. i've been doing it since 8 and only written about 700. i can write 550 at least but would prefer to be as close to the 3000 word limit as possible

Iv just taken some so il see how they are overnight - im sure its just pulling but im worried because its on one side :(

Nico- I need to quit POAS as well! I am getting a stronger pregnant line than a control line, because my levels are rising appropriately, or so I read. It's just so reassuring.

Ahhh so thats what it means? I was worried because my control lines were so much lighter than the test line :rofl: I was thinking hmmm something was wrong :shrug:

babydevil1989 if you are worried in the morning better to be safe than sorry.

MTC- I am so glad that your scan has gone well

Lady1985- I am so sorry for your loss, allow yourself time to grieve

Nico - I have ordered 30 more ICs so I can keep testing, lol

My essay is within it's word limit i am just rounding up the conclusion and i am done i am so happy with myself. to say since i got home at around 3pm all i wanted to do is sleep (i kinda did give in for half an hour around 5)

Hi everybody thank you for the invite chloesmum . Feel a bit to premature to be here yet tho but am popping in to day hi! EDD 18 th sept if all goes ok xx

rihanna don't feel premature most of us were here within a few days of getting our bfp's welcome to the group :D

I must be a testing anomaly! I never test. This month I knew I was preggo b/c my LP is 12 days and I was 13 dpo with a huge temp spike for two days. I peed on one IC b/c even then I was too cheap to pee on a FRER. Haven't POAS since! lol (I have a bunch though so I guess I could. haha)

Today I got my panties in a wad and did what I call pre-nesting. I finished the first three chapters of my dissertation. I need to graduate before this baby shows up!

I also obsessively googled car seat/stroller combos and the mini co-sleeper.

And maybe I looked on craigslist for a great diaper bag. I'm a recycle nut and basically everything we own is second hand/vintage/antique so I want to get as much as possible that is gently used for the baby (waahooo, it's cheaper!)

In other amusing news for as long as we have been trying I have wanted to nickname my bean "Sweet Pea" so the title of this thread just made my day. I've even bought a sweet little newborn outfit with peas on it from Gymboree (still had the tags on it at Goodwill!). I think this is meant to be.

I don't want to buy anything right now, I feel its was to soon,I will once im on the safe side of my pregnancy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->