*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

I had spotting with my second daughter's pregnancy. I even had bleeding and everything was okay. It's quite common actually.
I had a tiny bit of spotting around 14dpo this time. I bet yours is just a little leftover implantation bleeding :hugs:

I had spotting with my second daughter's pregnancy. I even had bleeding and everything was okay. It's quite common actually.
I had a tiny bit of spotting around 14dpo this time. I bet yours is just a little leftover implantation bleeding :hugs:

i'm hoping this is my first one i called my ob to ask them and they asked me if me and dh have been doing the deed and i said yes and she told me to take it easy because it can cause some light bleeding after i didn't think we could

thank you for the calming i feel a little better :hugs:

That's right I hadn't thought of that. Your cervix is very sensitive right now so definitely sex can cause a little spotting :hugs:

TMI, but I am having serious constipation issues!

A week ago, I changed my cereal to raisin bran and started eating a big tub of raw veggies at lunch, including celery and carrots. I have also been eating apples and oranges for snacks. Lots of fluids....

Nothing is helping! :nope:

Part of the reason you are constipated is because of your diet change. That AND because more of what you intake is now being used for the baby instead of being processed as waste. My solution was to start eating more. It worked and I didnt have to resort to nasty juice... oh and spinach has helped me tons

Also I think the hormone progesterone relaxes your bowel muscles causing constipation.

I think soneone already brought this up but did we determine benadryl is safe? I am normally allergic to cats but as long as I don't touch them I am fine. Tonight we went to our best friends house where I sonetimes get sneezy but thats it. Tonight I had to leave because my left eye swelled completely shut. I immediately started feeling better on the walk down the street to my house. But when my husband came home 2 hours later and I was already asleep, my face and hands and feet have begun swelling. This is probably also in part due to the insane amount of water ive been drinking, but when I was in college 6 years ago it was the first symtom of a full on anaphylactic reaction for me, so I didnt even question it and immediately took a benadryl liquigel. Now im in super guilt mode but I cant help thinking it would be better than the alternative of injecting my thigh with an epipen should this swelling turn to something worse. I only took one, baby will be ok right?

Kali - I have asthma and a few allergies so have researched this a lot... most antihistamines ae safe in pregnancy, they don't say it on the packaging because they haven't been trialled on pregnant women (makes sense - who would sign up to medical trials when pregnant?) but the classic antihistamines that have been around for ages have shown no adverse effects in pregnant animals. I have quite a few allergies and they trigger my asthma. I'm no longer taking a daily antihistamine like I used to, just taking one every few days as needed. The potential effects (like lack of oxygen etc) of not treating severe allergies are far worse for the baby than the side effects of the occasional dose. Please don't feel guilty :flower:

benegyl is on the safe list of medicines that my ob gave me so i'm sure it is safe

That's right I hadn't thought of that. Your cervix is very sensitive right now so definitely sex can cause a little spotting :hugs:

yeah i hadn't thought about that either. i think once i have that first look at the baby i will settle down with being so nervous but i have to wait till feb 27th seems like a lonnnnnggggg wait

I am so anxious about this pregnancy every little twinge or when my symptoms wear off a little I start panicking thinking I'm gonna loose it again I'm to scared to even bd with the Dh incase it makes me mc is anyone else feeling like this after a mc or am I going loopy?

I am so anxious about this pregnancy every little twinge or when my symptoms wear off a little I start panicking thinking I'm gonna loose it again I'm to scared to even bd with the Dh incase it makes me mc is anyone else feeling like this after a mc or am I going loopy?

i feel like that too and i hate that they aren't letting me see the baby to see if there okay until 12 weeks or so i don't even know if i can handle waiting that long lol but you are not alone :hugs:

AnakeRose i have loads of candy left from Christmas too but i am fancying peanut butter on toast all the time :dohh:

missangie :hugs: on the morning sickness

smonty27 i had spotting and cramping yesterday and ended up having ultrasound, baby was there and find and with a heartbeat, they dont worry if its pink or brown if there is no cramping. If you are worried though ring doctors or epu at hospital

MrsCD i havent dtd with dh either, may be more because i dont feel like it but still not since before our bfp. I am pretty worried about mc again so don't worr its perfectly normal x

I got a lay in until 9.30 this morning. Dh got my daughter up and gave her breakfast and then brought me breakfast in bed :happydance:

AnakeRose i have loads of candy left from Christmas too but i am fancying peanut butter on toast all the time :dohh:

smonty27 i had spotting and cramping yesterday and ended up having ultrasound, baby was there and find and with a heartbeat, they dont worry if its pink or brown if there is no cramping. If you are worried though ring doctors or epu at hospital

MrsCD i havent dtd with dh either, may be more because i dont feel like it but still not since before our bfp. I am pretty worried about mc again so don't worr its perfectly normal x

I got a lay in until 9.30 this morning. Dh got my daughter up and gave her breakfast and then brought me breakfast in bed :happydance:

i'm glad everything is okay with you and that you got to sleep in i can never sleep in my body won't let me lol
and thank you for the advice i went again later that night and there was nothing at all so i'm guessing that is a good sign.

i'm glad everything is okay with you and that you got to sleep in i can never sleep in my body won't let me lol
and thank you for the advice i went again later that night and there was nothing at all so i'm guessing that is a good sign.

Yes that's a good sign just keep an eye out, but it doubt its worrying, i had it 3 times with dd, just hope that yesterday will be the only time i have it with this one

i will be hoping for the best for you! and keeping you in my prayers

Kali - I have asthma and a few allergies so have researched this a lot... most antihistamines ae safe in pregnancy, they don't say it on the packaging because they haven't been trialled on pregnant women (makes sense - who would sign up to medical trials when pregnant?) but the classic antihistamines that have been around for ages have shown no adverse effects in pregnant animals. I have quite a few allergies and they trigger my asthma. I'm no longer taking a daily antihistamine like I used to, just taking one every few days as needed. The potential effects (like lack of oxygen etc) of not treating severe allergies are far worse for the baby than the side effects of the occasional dose. Please don't feel guilty :flower:

thank you for this... when my whole body starts swelling just because i scratched my eye (even my toes)... i go into a full blown panic attack, because last time i had anaphylaxis, i was lucky and my dorm room in college was literally across the street from the hospital (AND i wasn't pregnant, so i was able to get the appropriate meds very quickly)

now the closest hospital is like 15 minutes away and i cant just stab myself with injection meds to last me until i get to the ER...

anyway i woke up this morning with no cramps, no blood, and my swelling has gone down (though i will admit i waited until my benadryl wore off before i actually went to sleep again lol)... and i POAS on both a FRER and an IC and both lines were so dark they had to steal ink from the control, so my guilt is dwindling :)

I'm not even 6 weeks until Wednesday and I'm already realising how different 2 pregnancies can be! This time round the nausea is already easier to deal with and I actually seem to be less travel sick! Whilst last time the smell of coffee and the taste of tea (I'm not a coffee drinker anyway!) made me feel really ill and I was craving chocolate and fruit and all sweet things, this time I'm fine with tea and coffee but even the residual smell of chocolate buttons on my daughter's hands makes me heave! I got so much chocolate for Christmas too that's just there mocking me! Plus, I'm wanting more savory stuff! I might check to see if I'm OK with dark chocolate but milk and white chocolate are definitely huge no-nos at the moment! It's dreadful as I keep forgetting and then regretting it! :dohh::cry:

Beca :wave:

EstelSeren big hugs i noticed this pregnancy was so different early to. With dd i only got felt sick if i drank tea in the morning. This pregnancy nausea hit at 2am for a good few days even before BFP, and i get nausea after every meal i eat or every drink no matter what it is. I am also awfully bloated this time, i look bloody pregnant already :dohh:

I'm not even 6 weeks until Wednesday and I'm already realising how different 2 pregnancies can be! This time round the nausea is already easier to deal with and I actually seem to be less travel sick! Whilst last time the smell of coffee and the taste of tea (I'm not a coffee drinker anyway!) made me feel really ill and I was craving chocolate and fruit and all sweet things, this time I'm fine with tea and coffee but even the residual smell of chocolate buttons on my daughter's hands makes me heave! I got so much chocolate for Christmas too that's just there mocking me! Plus, I'm wanting more savory stuff! I might check to see if I'm OK with dark chocolate but milk and white chocolate are definitely huge no-nos at the moment! It's dreadful as I keep forgetting and then regretting it! :dohh::cry:

Beca :wave:

Ooh sounds like it could be a boy this time!

YAY! Coffee doesn't taste like dish water this morning....oh how I have missed you! :coffee:

How is everyone feeling today? I'm feeling surprisingly good today, thankfully. I have to ref a Ringette game today (U16 AA) so that's a LOT of skating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->