*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

Well I finally had my viability scan today. The good news is that it's not ectopic, the bad news is that there was no heartbeat. We saw the yolk sac and a fetal pole measuring 3mm. The assisted conception nurses don't seem too worried because I'm only just 6 weeks and 3mm is too small to see a heartbeat (needs to be 4-5mm apparently?) but I'm still gutted. I had already convinced myself that this pregnancy isn't progressing as quickly as it should because of my betas and I feel like this scan has just proved it. Most people on here seem to have seen/heard heartbeats by now :cry:

So we're back in on Monday for a repeat scan, if we see a heartbeat and the little bean has grown then all this will be forgotten. But, if we don't see a heartbeat by then it's not a viable pregnancy. Another long, anxious week :wacko:

How stressful :hugs: Hoping that next Mondays scan brings a beautiful heartbeat and then you can forget about the worries of today. Thinking of you!

Scholsey--I found some research that says you can't see a heartbeat until hcg levels reach 10,800. You may not be there yet so no panicking right now! (Easier said than done I know.)

I calculated my hcg and pushed my scan back to Friday.

how do you calculate your hcg???

I took my most recent level and doubled it every 48 hours to get an estimate of what it should be on each day. As long as things progress normally it will be somewhat accurate.

Hmm...I'm pretty sure my due date is going to be bumped back into August. I was talking to a friend about some pregnancy things and she asked me what day I took a photo where my cat was sitting on me (which she rarely does!). Turns out it was 7 days before FF told me I ovulated, but, this is where I think I ovulated. So today would put me at 8 weeks. I'll have to bring this up with my doctor when I have my appointment.

Hi guys
What Vitamins are you all taking? I am currently using up the end of my pregnecare conception, i don't know wether to take just take folic acid or to take the next pregnecare. Also when did you British ladies phone the doctors to let them know you were pregnant? I have made an appointment for this Thurdsay will be 6 weeks and 3 days is that too early? I want to get my nose in as i'm a teacher and want a scan at half term so i don't have to take time off work and let everyone know

Hi guys
What Vitamins are you all taking? I am currently using up the end of my pregnecare conception, i don't know wether to take just take folic acid or to take the next pregnecare. Also when did you British ladies phone the doctors to let them know you were pregnant? I have made an appointment for this Thurdsay will be 6 weeks and 3 days is that too early? I want to get my nose in as i'm a teacher and want a scan at half term so i don't have to take time off work and let everyone know

I am taking one-a-day prenatals with the DHA additional supplement, but im in America and dunno if they have the same ones there. My hair and fingernail growth is astonishing since I started taking them in August. Shinier, longer, smoother hair, and my usually slow growning nails grow back after a week of cutting them... and they don't make me nauseous like some women say they can..

Well I found out that my MS isnt that bad but the folic acid supplement I am taking is making it ten times worse! :wacko:
Trialed not taking it for a day and had such an improvement. So I have looked up how to gain folic acid in my diet without the supplement. Think its better that momma is eating more than less. Getting excited about my scan!

Constipation seems to be sinking in though. Lots of trapped gas in my belly giving me little stomach pains. Eating licorice to try and help loosen it a little :haha:

Found out my friendly foods are rice, vege crisps, carrot, cheese, yoghurt, fruits and potato. Making sure to pack lots of snack foods to get me through the day.

Oh and I thought I was too old to be getting pimples :rofl: massive one on my chin! :haha:

Ultrasound today! Heartbeat 122...6 weeks 3 days, New due date September 6th

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 8
My prenatal visit went good today. I got my pregnancy blood panel done today, waiting to hear back with the numbers. Fingers crossed for good numbers! I go in on Feb. 5th for our first "official" U/S. My good friend is my Nurse and she is going to bring the doplar thing home from work next week to see if she can hear a heartbeat. Good luck to all of you! All of your scans look awesome!!That's so exciting, I cant wait for mine :) I'm in the U.S and I take a prenatal plus DHA (I think its called Triveen)

Hey Ladies,

Congrats to all the new preggo ladies...what a baby boom :baby::baby::baby::baby:

I haven't been on much, my LO has chicken Pox and has been really ill with them, spent 9hrs in hospital with him Friday trying to get his temperature to stabilize. My sense of smell and nausea is through the roof,wish I was actually just sick!!!

Hope everyone else is keeping ok. lovely scan back there....Still waiting to here from midwife, although not sure if she is waiting till I am 8 weeks? Although GP said I would be seen quickly because high risk??? If I haven't heard by Next Monday I may call them.

Anyone elsehave crazy itchy nipples??? Anyone know why?
Mine itch soo bad.

I had that for three days straight...I don't know what causes them, but try using cocoa butter. It might help :)

i am which i thought was really strange for me only being 5 weeks and 1 day but they itch so bad but the only thing that helps is cocoa butter and maybe a little straching here and there lol

Same here! I'm 6 weeks 2 days now but itching started at 5 weeks. Look like I out to buy cocoa butter today!

Hi guys

Im just taking a supermarket brand pregnancy vit alongside my normal nutritional supplements

And I dont tend to tell the docs till bout 6wks and get a booking appointment bout 8wks but im not too bothered about when my scan is either lol as i dont have the nuchal fold test or blood test done, the earlier you tell them and have you booking appointment the earlier they get the scan set up

Hi guys

I'm just taking a generic prenatal vitamin from Costco as well as 50mg of B6. I read somewhere that it can help with morning sickness. Seems to have worked so far (even if it's a placebo effect!). I told my doctor when I was 4 weeks because I needed a referral to an OB doctor. She doesn't have her OB license and no hospital privileges. I had a meet and greet type appointment with my new OB doctor and my first full appointment is on the 24th. First ultrasound on Feb 8 (10 weeks) and my gender ultrasound on April 15 (20 weeks).

I take a prenatal vitamin (generic) that includes folic acid, omega-3 (fish oil or flax seed oil.. crill oil works too but it's expensive!), and calcium.

I'm taking Santogen Mum-to-be at the moment although I might switch back to plain folic acid and see if it makes my sickness better!
I'm not seeing a GP until almost 8 weeks but I tried to get an appointment as soon as I found out! I think I caught the post-holiday rush on the bookable appointments! Good thing is I won't have to wait too long after for midwife and scan!
Beca :wave:

Hey girls :) I'm due round the 15 th of sept if I can join! Don't be on as much as I used to (dd only 8 weeks and organising my wedding) but met some amazing woman on bnb from the nov due dates so nice to have others to share the journey with!
I'm roughly 5 weeks preg. Prob go drs this week at some stage and get it confirmed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->