*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

Hey ladies.. Congrats on all the new BFPs! Omg major bloat today :( I'm so so hungry aswell.. I've eaten on like 4 separate occasions today I feel so greedy!! Haha. I think I've got one very hungry bean or something! Hope you're all feeling well. Still no morning sickness for me just really bad headaches but I think that might have something to do with the caffeine withdrawal?? Maybe? Xxx

morning sickness tends to come on a little later, around 7-8 weekish

Let me preface this post by saying I'm not complaining! But anyone here have no morning sickness? I'm hungry earlier but no heartburn or nausea, or feeling pregnant.

A little scared to be honest, but trying to stay positive. Depending on o date or lmp I'm going on 7 weeks tomorrow, by o date I'm probably more like 5.

:hugs:

Same. No morning sickness, heartburn, and I definitely don't feel pregnant. My boobs hurt only when I push on them and I'm hungrier than normal. Also have insomnia but I think that's because of anxiety. I am complaining (maybe that'll bring it on?) because I feel completely insecure in this pregnancy and would love a little nausea to put my mind at ease..

Thanks ladies! I'm, glad I'm not alone! Monday is our first scan. Anxious and scared at the same time!

I hope each and everyone of you are well!:happydance:

How much weight gain is normal around the 7-8 week point. Anyone know?

I have already put on 4 lbs and I am a little nervous about it. I am guessing some of that is fluid or blood volume increase? Just hoping...

I have already put on 4 lbs and I am a little nervous about it. I am guessing some of that is fluid or blood volume increase? Just hoping...

I have no idea but I am dreading the whole weight gain experience, I'm not skinny and I've worked on loosing 23 LBS thus far...annnnd now I get to gain it all back woot....I am going to talk with my doctor about swimming because my building has a heated pool and see if its okay to keep that up to keep the weight gaining at a min.

cuuuz according to my friend you gain 50LBS before the end of babyhaving...

alright F- my friends advice lol I went to master google and webmd says this:

Ask your health care provider how much weight you should gain. A woman who was average weight before getting pregnant should gain 25 to 35 pounds after becoming pregnant. Underweight women should gain 28 to 40 pounds. And overweight women may need to gain only 15 to 25 pounds during pregnancy.

In general, you should gain about 2 to 4 pounds during the first three months you're pregnant and 1 pound a week during the rest of your pregnancy. If you are expecting twins you should gain 35 to 45 pounds during your pregnancy. This would be an average of 1 ½ pounds per week after the usual weight gain in the first three months.

It's especially important to gain the right amount of weight when you're expecting twins because your weight affects the babies' weight. And because twins are often born before the due date, a higher birth weight is important for their health. When carrying twins, you may need between 3,000 and 3,500 calories a day.
Where Does the Extra Weight Go During Pregnancy?

Baby: 8 pounds
Placenta: 2-3 pounds
Amniotic fluid: 2-3 pounds
Breast tissue: 2-3 pounds
Blood supply: 4 pounds
Stored fat for delivery and breastfeeding: 5-9 pounds
Larger uterus: 2-5 pounds
Total: 25-35 pounds

Is It Safe to Lose Weight When Pregnant?

If a woman is very overweight when she gets pregnant, her doctor may want her to lose weight. She should only lose weight under her doctor's care. But in most cases, women should not try to lose weight or diet during pregnancy.
How to Gain the Right Amount of Weight During Pregnancy

If your health care provider wants you to gain weight while you're pregnant, try these tips:

Eat five to six small meals every day.
Keep quick, easy snacks on hand, such as nuts, raisins, cheese and crackers, dried fruit, and ice cream or yogurt.
Spread peanut butter on toast, crackers, apples, bananas, or celery. One tablespoon of creamy peanut butter gives you about 100 calories and 7 grams of protein.
Add nonfat powdered milk to mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, and hot cereal.
Add extras to your meal, such as butter or margarine, cream cheese, gravy, sour cream, and cheese.

Thanks!

That must be a guideline though, right? Every pregnancy is different? My friend, who was always slim and healthy gained 55 pounds! But she lost it all when she breastfed.

Thanks!

That must be a guideline though, right? Every pregnancy is different? My friend, who was always slim and healthy gained 55 pounds! But she lost it all when she breastfed.

yup its more of a guideline and it is going by if they eat healthily and such throughout the whole pregnancy. but good luck telling a pregnant woman that that cup o cookies shouldn't be eaten right? lol so far I haven't gained any weight in my first month, but I also am quite overweight so I'm probably gaining in one spot and loosing in another. whichhh I now need to talk to a doctor about

Let me preface this post by saying I'm not complaining! But anyone here have no morning sickness? I'm hungry earlier but no heartburn or nausea, or feeling pregnant.

A little scared to be honest, but trying to stay positive. Depending on o date or lmp I'm going on 7 weeks tomorrow, by o date I'm probably more like 5.

Hi there! I'm having very mild morning sickness, I had a 'bad' day a few days ago but most days I don't get it at all. . .heres to hoping were that 20% that doesn't experience it!!

Hi there! I'm having very mild morning sickness, I had a 'bad' day a few days ago but most days I don't get it at all. . .heres to hoping were that 20% that doesn't experience it!!

Hi South Africa! Lets hope so! When is your first scan?

I have barely any MS only if I don't eat first thing in the morning. Since I have been treated for my UTI al my cramping has disappeared. I thought that was a symptom of PG but apparently not. My breast are achy but not sore, and nipples are slightly tender too. The only other thing I am experiencing is the crazy pulling in my front flank area. Man that hurts!!

Oh and I had to have cake with a custard...... since I am celiac I had to make a GF cake in the middle of watching a movie, just so I could have cake. Didn't have custard so I used pudding. Worked well enough.... Man this craving thing sucks when you can't just eat what ever you want!!

Hi South Africa! Lets hope so! When is your first scan?

Hi there! :)

I have my first appointment/everything the 29th of this month. So ill be 8.5 weeks. Sooo keen to see and hear a heartbeat. THEN maybe ill start believing this is all really happening :)

Oh and I had to have cake with a custard...... since I am celiac I had to make a GF cake in the middle of watching a movie, just so I could have cake. Didn't have custard so I used pudding. Worked well enough.... Man this craving thing sucks when you can't just eat what ever you want!!

Mmhmm, especially when you are exausted and don't feel like baking your bread for your weekly sandwiches. My glutton moment today was four cheese nachos with black beans. (safe tortilla chips). Picked up some gf pretzels and rice cakes to see if they help with the nausea since chips are out. But in all seriousness, folks ask about the disease in pregnancy and at least for conception I can tell you that as soon as my intestines healed my body was like.. BAM! BABY! I wish I would have known a decade ago.

Ps custard cake sounds amazing, any way you could pm the recipe? I have not had cake in two years.

I have discovered that macintosh apple slices help keep my nausea down! Maybe this will help others...

I finally got around to uploading my u/s pics:) This was taken right between 3 1/2 to 4 Weeks. My friend who is a Nurse did a real quick U/S. She didnt really know what she was doing, but she managed to find our little bean and took a pic for us:):) It's prob. a shadow or something but it really looks like there are two in there! I asked her about it and she wasnt sure. What do you girls think?
DSC03978.jpg

I'll be honest I have no idea what I'm looking at there!! I didn't even know you could see anything at 4 weeks, so I'm no help :flower:

Same. No morning sickness, heartburn, and I definitely don't feel pregnant. My boobs hurt only when I push on them and I'm hungrier than normal. Also have insomnia but I think that's because of anxiety. I am complaining (maybe that'll bring it on?) because I feel completely insecure in this pregnancy and would love a little nausea to put my mind at ease..

Same. My tatas only hurt after I take off my bra after a whole day of wearing it. And then theyre only sore for like an hour.

I also have no heartburn and no nausea. Im six weeks on the nose based on O date. I am enjoying the no sickness thing for as long as it lasts, which will hopefully be indefinitely.

nik-- looks like just one to me, but would would your reaction be if it WERE two?

Im 6 weeks and have already gained 4lbs. And ive tried for 9 years to gain just a few lbs (ive always been what my mother says is "too thin".. even the bmi is only 1pt below normal) and it just doesnt happen til now.

What I can mostly guarantee is that its nearly ALL water weight as my water intake has increased x20 since I got my BFP

Hi everyone :wave: welcome to all the new bfp. Sorry to hear about the angels.

I have discovered that macintosh apple slices help keep my nausea down! Maybe this will help others...

Hmmm....I just bought some Jazz apples...wonder if those will work. I had a PB Powerbar earlier and that seemed to help. I didn't eat enough before skating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->