• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 Parenting Thread*~*~*

Congrats nico!!! Looks like she was a healthy weight, how are you all?

I think it's funny her last post is talking about how she's going to be late. :)

Anyone posting here? I'm having problems with my baby's sleep. The only way he'll sleep is if he's on my chest. I'm dying from a lack of sleep. I love him so much I want him to sleep, but it's killing me. Help

Atlmommy37 we had this problem the first few nights with our little one. In the end we decided that we would let her cry for a max of 10 mins to see if she was just fussing. If she went longer we would pick her up and check again she didn't need anything and then if she looked close to sleep again we would put her down

Have you tried swaddling?? I found swaddling helped transfer baby to the bassinet easier without her waking up.

Anyone posting here? I'm having problems with my baby's sleep. The only way he'll sleep is if he's on my chest. I'm dying from a lack of sleep. I love him so much I want him to sleep, but it's killing me. Help

Can anyone carry him in a sling while you sleep? Will he sleep next to you? I was v worried first time around about sleeping when baba cuddling me but I ended up deciding to co-sleep in the bed side by side in a double bed. In fact first night in hospital me and no 1 slept side by side in single hospital bed on advice of midwife so baba could feed on demand and cos I was exhausted.

But it depends on how you choose to do things. Good luck, it is hard but does get easier :thumbup:

i agree with the girls about both swaddling and baby wearing. They usually work like charms. I HIGHLY recommend "Happiest Baby on the Block" seriously one of the biggest lifesavers when i became a new mom

Just to properly update, my little girl arrived yeasterday, Sept 7th, at 41 weeks exactly at 2:49am she was 7lbs 4oz and 19 in long (ahe is likely taller than that but we couldnt get her leg straightened for an accurate measurement.)

First one!!! :smug: :haha:

I think it's going to take time. I've got him to take naps alone. Thanks for all the suggestions. I think swaddling has helped a lot

Good job!
If uve managed that already ur
Doing great bc DS2 couldnt even di that until about 15 months. So u r well ahead of the game getting it accomplished already

Just found out by looking in red book I was once again told my child's birth weight in lbs and oz incorrectly, after a midwife conversion. I was told Maddison was 4.460kg and was told this was 9 lbs 12, my red book says 9 lbs 13.

Similar happened with Chloe she was 4.430kg and was told 9lbs 8oz (by student) actually 9 lbs 12 oz.

So Maddison despite being 10 days early and 16 days earlier than her sister was actually 1 oz heavier

Just popping in to say that I had my baby girl on Sunday 8th September at 08:25am! We've called her Annest Ceridwen and she weighed 7lb 9oz, a good weight for 38+6 especially as her big sister was 8lb 5oz when she was born at 41+2! We don't get length measurements here but her head circumference was 35.5cm! Had a crazy quick delivery this time, especially since I went into the hospital not thinking I was in labour! I was worried because I felt unwell and thought I had an infection! Turns out I did have an infection but I was also in active labour and Annest was born less than 2.5 hours after I got to the hospital and within an hour of the midwife breaking my waters! Still stuck in hospital as Annest was a bit poorly afterwards and will be on antibiotics and under special care nursing until Friday morning at least! :( Luckily I've been spoiled with a private room since yesterday and Annest is doing really well and has been with me pretty much the whole time! I think we all spent the first 24 hours in shock though! Definitely a more traumatic experience than my first but everyone has been brilliant and that's made it a bit easier! Haven't properly had that first rush of love yet and am still sort of on autopilot but I think it'll come once we're home and settled and the worry and stress has subsided!

Beca :wave:

EstelSeren sorry to hear Annest has been poorly hope she recovers quickly and hope you get home soon x

Edit to the front, was confirmed yesterday that lilah is actually 20 in long, not 19 like we had thought (we couldnt straifhten her leg out at birth for a proper meausurement so 19 was a guesstimate)

she and DS2 were offically the same exact height and weight at birth

Hello ladies,

Can I join. Dalton Cruz arrived on Friday 6th Sept, weighing in at 10lb 3oz and just over 23" long. He's a little bruiser and although I'm biased sure is a handsome little fella LOL

Well I should start posting on this thread now :)

Having trouble breast feeding. I get little drops of colostrum and Evan gets really frustrated (and I do a bit too). I tried for 3 days to go at least 10 minutes, but now I have to let my nipples heal because they started to bleed. Didn't notice it was bleeding till after he'd already swallowed a bunch :( Poor little guy. I have a pump so I'm going to try that route to see if I can get my milk to come in. I know it doesn't work for everyone. My breasts aren't even heavy and sore (other than the nipples) so I don't know if it's even working.

Does anyone have advice on formula feeding? We got a case of the Enfamil pre-mix formula from the hospital. Just have to figure out how much to give him now. They're 50ml bottles, but he seems to want to eat every 2-2.5 hours. He's 9lbs so maybe it's not enough?

Which do you find easier to use, pre-mix or powdered? I'm totally clueless!

Well I should start posting on this thread now :)

Having trouble breast feeding. I get little drops of colostrum and Evan gets really frustrated (and I do a bit too). I tried for 3 days to go at least 10 minutes, but now I have to let my nipples heal because they started to bleed. Didn't notice it was bleeding till after he'd already swallowed a bunch :( Poor little guy. I have a pump so I'm going to try that route to see if I can get my milk to come in. I know it doesn't work for everyone. My breasts aren't even heavy and sore (other than the nipples) so I don't know if it's even working.

Does anyone have advice on formula feeding? We got a case of the Enfamil pre-mix formula from the hospital. Just have to figure out how much to give him now. They're 50ml bottles, but he seems to want to eat every 2-2.5 hours. He's 9lbs so maybe it's not enough?

Which do you find easier to use, pre-mix or powdered? I'm totally clueless!

:hugs: that the breastfeeding isn't going too well, but don't give up just yet, some peoples milk takes a bit longer to come in.

When i had my first DD, she caused me to bleed one side, so i started trying to pump that side and still fed from the other. And in the end my milk did come in. So maybe if you are not to sore keep going with the expressing, and if you are only bleeding one side feed from the other.

As for formula I don't really have any advice with the amount, never used myself. But when i looked after my sisters children they all used the powder its not hard to do and its more cost effective, then you could just get a few premade cartoons for days when you are out all day or something x

ETA just remembered you also had a section, milk often takes longer to come in after a section x

I'm using formula now after my milk not coming in and Dalton being hungry.

He is on 4oz every 4 hours, but I had to build up to that he was on 2-3oz every 2.5 hours. He usually feeds 2oz and then burps and then another oz and falls asleep. I then change his nappy which wakes him and he drinks the last oz. He is on powder formula.

Hope that helps.

My milk took almost 5 days to come in with my first.... My nipples were the same, cracked and bleeding - so painful!!! Have you tried lansinoh cream? It works wonders and you can still bf with it on. I ended up supplementing with formula for a few days till my milk came in because my daughter lost a lot of weight in the hospital. But once my milk came in things were so much easier and we bf for 7 months. So it's not hopeless :hugs:
We used ready-made formula since we were only using it for such a short time but if you choose to ff long term, the powdered stuff works great :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->