septembryos baby area (09 babies)

Suzie we have had niggles about Billy being different since he was about 18months, he finally had his 2 year check at 2yr7months and they agreed and refered me to the GP who said he needed a full developmental review which we had and he got refered again to someone else who diagnosed him we now have to wait till march for a multi disiplinary assement to find out where he is on the spectrum. he doesn't talk still, never waves, doesn't point, has violent outbursts, loves his routines and hates it to be messed with, has rituals he has to complete every day in a certain order, hugely fussy with food, bad at sleeping, has epic tantrums, climbs everything and never has eye contact even with us.

Aw Tricia, thanks for sharing that with me, i hope you get all the help you need for billy, but the main thing is hes happy. A mothers instinct is always right, the reason im asking is, my 6month old does not sit up yet, he will only twist his head to the right, he will look left, but it looks sore/slow to do this, wont roll over, has an odd shaped head still, whenever i raise concerns with mw, she says all babies are different, do it in their own time, hes a boy, they are lazier than girls!!.....well doh i know that i have 5 kids, and yes they have all been different within milestone terms, but he has no interest in doing these things, doesnt even try, i dunno give it more time, hes young, but then i think if something is wrong, the sooner you know you can try to make it right??
Anyway thanks for the info, hope everything goes well in billys next checkup xx

Hiyas Suzie :) Jago is 8.5 months and still doesn't roll, has a wonky head and also seems to have problems looking one way. He hates tummy time (even more than she did) but he finally started sitting up just before 7 months and now he'll sit pretty well before he tips backwards (towards an hour). We bought a Mamas and Papa Snug (like a bumbo but lasts longer and the tray comes with). This helped so much toget him to sit up.

We had his 7-9 months review 2 weeks back and has been referred to a physio because I'm a neurotic mother and concerned because I caught stupid poxing chicken pox while pregnant. He also refused to bear any weight on his legs which makes me even more worried.

Tegan was a late developer so I wasn't overly concerned until he took way longer than she did.

*huggles* have a chat to your GP or HV and just mention it to them and say that he's taken longer thab the others etc... And that you're starting to get concerned. Xxx

hello...hello....hello, hears a very big echo :)

Hey Faun, how did Billy get on in his March assessment???????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->