Severe Morning Sickness

Beejing

Reaction score
Has anyone gone to the hospital for specifically having severe morning sickness? I haven't been able to keep much of anything down the last few days (including liquids). I'm not sure what I should do. I'm not sure if it would be wise to go to the ER or try to tough it out.

I think the main thing is to make sure you don't get dehydrated. If you are unable to keep fluids down and you don't see this getting any better you may need to go to the hospital for assessment.

Have you tried the hydralite drinks with electrolytes in them? Not sure what country you're in so what they would be called. This is what they're called in Aus.

Thanks for the reply. That's actually a good idea, we do have those here as well. I don't know why that didn't even cross my mind because I am worried about dehydration. I'm really trying to avoid going to the ER. I haven't been able to eat after 12pm the last few days and if I do I throw up.

You might have hyperemesis gravidarum. I had it with my son and ended up in hospital 5 times to get fluids via iv and tried many different medications. I found Luczaide helped and eating things like jelly or soup helped a bit too.

I hope you feel better soon xxx

I had HG too it sounds like you may have it, I was hospitalised a few times and ended up trying a few different anti sickness meds before finding one that worked for me. Can you see your gp before you get so bad you need hospital treatment? I found water hardest to hold down, even though it's not good in big amounts i found cola was the only thing I could sip until I found meds that helped X

If you end up with bad dehydration symptoms and can't take in fluids you'll need to be rehydrated. I'm not sure if they have some sort of urgent care unit that'll do it there when the sun is out, best ask a nurse. They can for sure help you in ER of course.

I ended up there twice for fluids with my first pregnancy. Now I stay medicated with diclegis and zofran, don't be afraid to take meds. I feel like I would die without them

Hi all thanks for the replies! I did end up going to the hospital two days ago. I was given zofran but not prescribed and an IV. Today I still feel nauseous but I haven't thrown anything up since once yesterday which is far less than what I've been experiencing. Since they haven't prescribed me anything I'm a bit worried that I will be inevitably sick again.

Sorry if I missed it but how far along are you? I'm sorry you feel so crappy. Lucky bubba's are worth it huh?!

Hi all thanks for the replies! I did end up going to the hospital two days ago. I was given zofran but not prescribed and an IV. Today I still feel nauseous but I haven't thrown anything up since once yesterday which is far less than what I've been experiencing. Since they haven't prescribed me anything I'm a bit worried that I will be inevitably sick again.

Go to your gp and tell them what's been happening and about what happened at the hospital they will prescribe some anti sickness for you :flower:

Sorry if I missed it but how far along are you? I'm sorry you feel so crappy. Lucky bubba's are worth it huh?!

According to my doctor I am 8 + 4 days. Lol he/she is aoooo worth it, I'm hoping to get to the point of enjoying my pregnancy. This sickness has created so much doubt in me and I've felt so defeated :sad2:

According to my doctor I am 8 + 4 days. Lol he/she is aoooo worth it, I'm hoping to get to the point of enjoying my pregnancy. This sickness has created so much doubt in me and I've felt so defeated :sad2:

I really hope it lets up for you soon. It must be horrible. I'm only 4+4 so no MS yet but I'm fully expecting it to kick in at some stage. I never had any with my son but I don't think I can be that lucky twice somehow. I've always found it fascinating how some experience it and other's don't though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->