Severely blocked fellopian tubes and pregnancy

KC- I am sure you have checked into it but wanted to share a link:
https://www.ivforlando.com/resources_financialResources.asp

Springstone Financial is a resource that funds up to $40,000 towards ivf with interest rates that are equal to a credit card or better and that splits everything into monthly payments (like a car payment).

If we do IVF we will be going through CRM in Minneapolis and it looks like they also have an Orlando location. They have a program that has a fixed rate for 3 fresh and 3 frozen and if you don't take home a baby (which you will!) they refund you 70% of the money! The one in Orlando anyway is 70%. Ours in Minneapolis refunds 100%. I want the baby tho not the money. I know that you said you don't want to think about IVF and I don't know your money situation, but just wanted to let you know there are resources for you. xx

LC- Sorry about your mil. I tell you there are days when my husband needs to grow up to but his mother is of no help as he can do no wrong in her eyes:wacko:

With husband being adopted we only have brief medical records for his biological mother but nothing for his bio father. It is a little scary not knowing what dna and genes you are dealing with. He wanted us to do PGD testing during IVF but I am against it as I believe they eliminate a lot of eggs that are healthy.

We know nothing about dh's bio family. He never wanted anything until few years back but it's a process. I made contact with the local agency a few months ago so likely will have some info. It so odd when history repeats itself re infertility :(

This is fast becoming my favourite thread :) You girls actually know what it is like having tubal issues and some of you also know what it is like to be told you will never get pregnant naturally. Unfortunately for me I seem to be the only person in my whole family with fertility issues, Everyone seemed to get PG at the drop of a hat, even my MIL who "thinks she knows what I am going through" never had a problem getting PG, but she did suffer several miscarriages, but still managed to have 2 children naturally. I hope you all had a great weekend, back to work I go xx

Hello ladies,

I didnt log in over the weekend and so much has happened :) I have so many pages to read.
We will be starting TTC hopefully in July.

KC- what is mini ivf?

Mini IVF is "minimal stimulation IVF". A mini IVF is not offered everywhere, but it less expensive than traditional IVF, half the cost. ($5K) It is for women with bilateral occluded tubes under 37 that does not want to be over stimulated like with trad IVF. The success rate is not as high as you don't have as many drugs, but many women have found it to be successful. The multiples rate is much less as well. You can do a mini every cycle if you want. It has mixed reviews. Here is a link on MIVF.

https://www.newhopefertility.com/in_vitro_fertilization/mini_ivf/

KC- I am sure you have checked into it but wanted to share a link:
https://www.ivforlando.com/resources_financialResources.asp

Springstone Financial is a resource that funds up to $40,000 towards ivf with interest rates that are equal to a credit card or better and that splits everything into monthly payments (like a car payment).

If we do IVF we will be going through CRM in Minneapolis and it looks like they also have an Orlando location. They have a program that has a fixed rate for 3 fresh and 3 frozen and if you don't take home a baby (which you will!) they refund you 70% of the money! The one in Orlando anyway is 70%. Ours in Minneapolis refunds 100%. I want the baby tho not the money. I know that you said you don't want to think about IVF and I don't know your money situation, but just wanted to let you know there are resources for you. xx

Thanks, LL! I will look into financing it next year. I want to give my body the opportunity to do it on its own. If I can't, we will explore this option. I am debt free right now (except my mortgage) so I'd really like to keep it that way..lol...but, I will do what I need to do to get my baby! I'm so scared I will be the one that it doesnt work for..all that money wasted. But, I am going to visualize my BFP and keep my eye on the prize!

LL- I called the hospital for my HSG results and she is putting them on a disc and I will have them in 20 mins! Thanks for the advise, I can't wait to review this and determine how the hell it showed my tubes were open when they were not.

That is great news KC!! Woohoo! So glad you are getting the answers you deserve! The great thing about the disc is that you can copy them and just hand them out like business cards when you see new ob's or fs's:haha:

We are going to give it a go naturally as well. I understand about being debt free - it is such a good feeling!! All we have is our mortgage and dh's car payment - no credit card bills. I can't help but be so envious of women that get to have a baby "for free"...hopefully after all we have been through we will get our natural bfp too.[-o<

ATM just waiting for AF which should be in the next few days. Never been so excited for AF to come so we can get to gettin'! :haha: I PRAY FOR ALL MY TUBAL GIRLS DAILY. I AM SO GLAD I AM NOT ALONE ON THIS JOURNEY.

Hi ladies,
I hope you dont mind me joining the discussion. Here is my story:
I was diagnosed with w a hyrdro which was seen thru a regular sonogram and a sonohysterogram (caused by appendicitis when I was a child). I was told that my right tube is filled with clear fluid. A year later I had an HSG to check my tubes and surprisingly they were both open. The fluid passed thru my right tube wo an issue. So now Im confused. I have been TTC for almost a year but previous to TTC I was NTNP for 5 years. I read that having a hydro can severely decrease ur chances of conception, but since the HSG showed both tubes were open, is my right tube still considered a hydro?? Im confused. :wacko:
I wanted to have my right tube removed or clipped but my RE said that he does not see the hydro in his sonograms. He advised me to continue having IUIs for a few cycles before having surgery bc it is extreme and after having my tube removed, my only option is IVF. I thought I would be able to have my right tube removed/clipped and still continue trying TTC naturally if my left tube is healthy......
Opinions???

Welcome Binaface!

The only way to tell if your tubes are patent and hydro is a laparoscopy. A sonogram does not pick up on everything that needs to be in the equation to know if your tubes are occluded or not. My HSG showed patent fallopian tubes bilaterally. One year later, during my lap, I was diagnosed with severly occluded tubes. My HSG report was wrong. It showed spillage, but only for fluid, certainly not an egg. This is why I have never been pregnant.
Have you had a diagnostic lap done yet? I would suggest having one done before you let a Dr. tell you IUI is the way to go. I was told it was a big waste of money for anyone will tubal issues. IVF is the only way to bypass tubal issues and if your tube(s) are hydrosalpinx, you should have the tube removed. Especially if you plan to do IVF, it will increase your chances. That fluid is lethal to a fetus. Hydro could be a tube filled with water, blood or pus. Do you know which fluid makes your right tube hydro?
If all else fails, get a second opinion. I am getting my 3rd soon and each one seems to tell me different things. The one common factor they all have is pushing IVF on me! Seems like it's a hot commodity right now and if insurance doesn't cover it, we get stuck with a hefty bill and no guarantee of a baby (unless you do the guarantee program which has restrictions to it).

I'm sorry to hear you have tubal infertility issues. We ladies in this forum know all too well what LTTC feels like. I don't wish it on anyone. But, we are here to support each other as best as we can.

LL- I got my disc and all that is on it are exam reports, no photos...I'm going to call the hospital again because this is useless to me, I have the reports already. Let me know what yours was like.

Hi ladies,
I hope you dont mind me joining the discussion. Here is my story:
I was diagnosed with w a hyrdro which was seen thru a regular sonogram and a sonohysterogram (caused by appendicitis when I was a child). I was told that my right tube is filled with clear fluid. A year later I had an HSG to check my tubes and surprisingly they were both open. The fluid passed thru my right tube wo an issue. So now Im confused. I have been TTC for almost a year but previous to TTC I was NTNP for 5 years. I read that having a hydro can severely decrease ur chances of conception, but since the HSG showed both tubes were open, is my right tube still considered a hydro?? Im confused. :wacko:
I wanted to have my right tube removed or clipped but my RE said that he does not see the hydro in his sonograms. He advised me to continue having IUIs for a few cycles before having surgery bc it is extreme and after having my tube removed, my only option is IVF. I thought I would be able to have my right tube removed/clipped and still continue trying TTC naturally if my left tube is healthy......
Opinions???

That is correct, many women get pregnant with only one tube. I would suggest trying naturally for a few cycles before you go to IVF. Unless you want to be agressive, then go straight to IVF.

Binaface- Welcome:wave:

I agree with KC in that you should definitely have a diagnostic laparoscopy to determine the state of your tubes before continuing with IUI. My HSG showed both occluded tubes and when I went for the lap the doctor determined my right tube was diseased - and removed it. The left tube was fine once he removed adhesions. I would have never known this without the lap and I now have the best chance of conceiving. YOU ABSOLUTELY CAN GET PREGNANT WITH ONE TUBE. It really disturbs me that your doctor suggested that IVF is your only option after removing only the right tube. There is actually a thread on here entitled "One Tubers" and almost all of the women on the thread got pregnant naturally.

Secondly, I cannot believe your doctor would be pushing you to do IUIs without a lap! I would look getting a second opinion with a different doctor.
Keep us posted!:hugs:

KC- Mine had the photos. Like 6 of them. WTH?:dohh: Good luck.
Also I placed a call to the Radiologist office that performed the hsg and they are the one's that put it on a CD for me.

LL- They did not use jpeg files. WTF! I have Windows 7 and can't open the files. They are .dcm files :/
While trying to find a decode, I gave myself a stupid virus! I'm running Malwarebytes now to try to remove it. Did I ever mention that if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all? lol...it's true.

I will have to burn a copy on my desktop at home which has not been used since 2011.

Question, did you bring the disc with you to appointment or did you mail it off to your Doctor?

LL- They did not use jpeg files. WTF! I have Windows 7 and can't open the files. They are .dcm files :/
While trying to find a decode, I gave myself a stupid virus! I'm running Malwarebytes now to try to remove it. Did I ever mention that if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all? lol...it's true.

I will have to burn a copy on my desktop at home which has not been used since 2011.

Question, did you bring the disc with you to appointment or did you mail it off to your Doctor?

:haha: WTF are .dcm files? I don't recall what kind of file it was when they burned it. My husband is a Network Engineer (computer whiz) and he was the one who opened them. He was also the one who emailed them to Dr. Rotman's office and also copied them on to separate discs. I am clueless when it comes to these things and I have no idea how he opened, copied or emailed them:haha:. I will ask him after work and let you know tonight! (Maybe I will actually have him give you the directions on this thread. Otherwise it may all be lost in translation.)

That would be AMAZINGLY helpful! I have to wait for my computer guy to get back from Chicago on Sunday and until then, I'm stuck with a virus and no photos :(

Thank you to you and DH in advance!

DCM is a western digital backup file for a company called memeo. I have no idea why they made it so difficult for me.

Ok, So he says that through this image viewer you should be able to view them, and then later convert them to jpeg files yourself.
https://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php
You can read about the program then click the download button on the left. Apparently mine were dcm files as well but they sent me the viewer included on my cd. Dh says the file is too big to email you the viewer. HOPE THIS HELPS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->