Severely blocked fellopian tubes and pregnancy

Thanks Anne!

Right back at ya! We have 2 more weeks until we can start ttc which is perfect because it will be the start of my next cycle! When will you guys be able to start?

My insurance doesn't cover anything infertility related. I have Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota. There are around 7 states that require insurance to cover infertility but our state isn't one of them. I was considering IUI after the operation but with monitoring and everything it would be 2-3k out of pocket each month which would really cut into our ivf budget. At this point we have the 30k for ivf but are saving for meds which are another $5k a cycle (x3)= another 15k. Just...wow. At the end of this we will have a kid but will be flat broke!:haha:

At this point, what will be will be. On the bright side, if the natural bfp doesn't happen for us and we have to do ivf, and it works - I will have my 36 year old eggs on ice to use down the line if we opt to have a second child a couple years from now. (Now I'm just getting greedy- haha). Whatever God's plan is for us will be the right one.:thumbup:

Hopefully all of us will get lucky in the coming months....and if not and I have to move on to ivf I will stay in contact with you guys through this thread.:hugs:

Hi girls. I see my re tomorrow for my preop. Then hospital next Wednesday. I met a girl from my clinic online. She is to go before me for a lap. Lol. Funny how that is. I have a ton of questions I'm asking my re tommorow ESP blocked tubes and determination because our health coverage covers some of the cost of ivf

Good Luck next week LC. Keep us posted. That is awesome that your insurance covers part of ivf.

Ivf Only for both blocked tubes.

I saw dr today went over all options including clipping tubes if they are damaged or diseased which I signed. She talked about trying to open but that it's usually unsuccessful.
Certainly she is checking to see if t.hey are open before the others. I'm sad that I signed but I also know I can change my decision.

LC- My surgeon actually said that when done correctly, fimbrioplasty of the distal ends of the fallopian tubes has about a 50% success rate. Where is the blockage in your tubes?

When they removed my right tube they didn't clip it they removed it at the uterus because my surgeon said that clipping them increases your chance for ectopic when doing ivf because it leaves a "stump" of tube at the uterus where the embryo can implant? I would talk to your doctor about removing them at the uterus if that is what they need to do.

My surgeon left my left tube in because as soon as he removed the adhesions it sprayed dye and was open. The tube they removed was completely blocked at the end and the inside of the tube was flat without the cillia necessary for a healthy tube.

I know how hard it is not knowing what you are going to wake up to after the lap. :hugs:I had never had a lap before, and when I woke up they said I had one tube and that they removed a fibroid and cyst I didn't even know I had. I am so thankful I had the lap done. I feel much better knowing everything in side is left better than it was found.

If they remove your tubes, when do you expect to start ivf?:flower:

To be honest I'm not sure. I'd assume in a cycle or so lol. I'm not even sure how things would go. I have high estrogen they may have to bring down. I'll write a longer post tommorow.

Thanks Lilly for your reply I am feeling much relief knowing I won't need to be cut open.
My FS also said that leaving my tubes in blocked will cause more problems she also mentioned that during IVF your ovaries produce fluid and if you have blocked tubed the fluid will just sit inside you going toxic and causing all sorts of problems, this will mean the IVF cycle gets cancelled and then the eggs frozen for future use, I am just so glad she wants to sort me out ready to start my IVF so it is a success :)

Hi Anne thanks for the welcome, Looks like things are all happening for us , I will be glad to hear about how your Lap goes next week, mine isn't until the 21st of May so still got a tiny bit of a wait, but like my last lap it will soon be here and I will be doing IVF before we know it, looks like we could be starting treatment close together if you end up doing IVF after your lap xx

Howley- Oh good, yes you should not worry or have much pain than you had with your other lap. I know everyone is different but honestly You should be up and about after a week after your lap.

Anne had her lap a couple weeks ago. I think she is going to try naturally?
Anne, when are you guys going to start trying?

Howley- When will you be starting your ivf? I know they get funded over in the UK. You are so lucky! It is so expensive in the US! Our insurance doesn't cover a dime (a pound:haha:). Not even the meds!

Yes Lilly we are very Lucky to get funded IVF, although the NHS does have it's floors but I cannot complain we get one free cycle which I am very happy with and we should be starting in June/July
Yes I saw Anne is going to try naturally I meant to say hi to Anne and then say
"Looks like things are all happening for us , I will be glad to hear about how your Lap goes next week, mine isn't until the 21st of May so still got a tiny bit of a wait, but like my last lap it will soon be here and I will be doing IVF before we know it, looks like we could be starting treatment close together if you end up doing IVF after your lap" To Lawyer Chick, oops :D

Oh haha nice! You and LC will be leading our pack with IVF. Since you are in the same boat as me with them removing one tube and fixing the other, I will be following your journey closely. If I am not pregnant by August, DH and I will be starting IVF in September - one month before my 37th birthday!

KC - I noticed your birthday is in October as well! Mine is Oct. 5th. We are planning a trip to NYC at the end of August too. I used to live there, as I attended the Fashion Institute of Technology for college and worked out there doing fashion pr. Wouldn't that be a riot if we were there at the same time? We could all meet for a cocktail - or to compare bumps, fingers crossed!

Oh haha nice! You and LC will be leading our pack with IVF. Since you are in the same boat as me with them removing one tube and fixing the other, I will be following your journey closely. If I am not pregnant by August, DH and I will be starting IVF in September - one month before my 37th birthday!

KC - I noticed your birthday is in October as well! Mine is Oct. 5th. We are planning a trip to NYC at the end of August too. I used to live there, as I attended the Fashion Institute of Technology for college and worked out there doing fashion pr. Wouldn't that be a riot if we were there at the same time? We could all meet for a cocktail - or to compare bumps, fingers crossed!

My birthday is October 22. However, my husband's Birthday is the 5th! He is also from NY. Rockland County. Where are you from? We are going August 23-28th. That would be so crazy of we were there at the same time! We would definitely have to meet up and have some cocktails (if we are not preggers) :)

We were thinking the last week as well. I have friends who live in Manhattan (Tribeca/Soho) so we will be staying with them or in a hotel in the neighborhood. I will let you know!

Welcome Howley! And, hello fellow LTTC lovely ladies!

It's really great to know that we don't have to go through tubal factor infertility alone. It's such a mystery, ya know? My mother-in-law was telling me last night how she tried to get pregnant for 7 years. Doctors told her she would never have children because her tubes were not patent and blocked (circa 1971). She was pregnant with my hubby 6 mths after she gave up! Miracles can happen! She was divorced and re-married and tried to give him maturnal children for another 6 years, but no success. She always tells me she's not worried about having grandkids cause she knows that GOD is aware of how badly she wants them and He will bless her with grandkids just as He will bless us with children one day. It must be on His time, not ours. Sometimes, I think she's crazy, but I know her faith is strong and the whole family prays for us daily. We have a huge support system when it comes to prayer. Financially, we are on our own. Which is fine, because it will happen one day. For all of us :)
Moral of the story is; miracles can happen! They happen everyday so we just have to be patient for our turn at our miracle. People with one tube go on to have healthy babies all the time.

Best of luck to the ladies having a laparoscopy done in May! It's a breeze! The worst part is getting the gas out of you. Walking around helps release the gas they put in during surgery. In 48 hrs you should be back to normal.

Funny story: When I had my diagnostic Lap done in February, I kept telling the surgeons "Don't take my tubes!, I've seen people go in for surgery and wake up with no parts!" They laughed at me. It was the last thing I yelled before I passed out. When I awoke, first thing I asked was "Did you take my tubes?" I'm such a dork. I watch way too much tv..lol. Looking back, I hope I didn't scare my surgeon and that's why he left them...Hmmm...

I have an appointment with my new RE MAy 4th, so hopefully she can give me some hope. Whether it be surgery or mini IVF.

Have a wonderful weekend, ladies!

We were thinking the last week as well. I have friends who live in Manhattan (Tribeca/Soho) so we will be staying with them or in a hotel in the neighborhood. I will let you know!

We will be staying 20 mins outside the city. We should absolutely meet up! We will be too close not to. Let me know if you book your trip :)

Kcarey. M in laws had fertility probs as well and adopted dh. I've ask fil he doesn't seem to have an answer. What I know my late mil told dh was fil took too many hot showers. It could have been male factor. Right not fil doesn't know tho I wonder with surgeries etc if he has some idea. Both my mom and dad are fully aware.

My dr is also doing hysterecopy and dye test again, it just if dye doesn't spill and adhesions etc she will do more invasive work and clip the tubes. I feel a lil better today but need some good heart to hearts with dh before I decide fully on clipping.

I also love NYC and am hr and hr drive then an hr flight lol. But I'm heading to Texas in August.

LC- My dh was adopted as well because his mom had fertility issues (his dad had kids from previous marriage). mil and I have bonded over it in a way - she knows the pain of infertility. When I spoke to her about ivf she said that unfortunately she didn't have the option because it was so new at the time. I'm thankful that our generation has the option of ivf as well as ways to finance it through various companies. We are lucky. Back then tubal factor was the end of the road concerning having biological children of your own!

KC - That is a funny story "Dont take my tubes"! I was the exact opposite. Because I heard that when your tubes are occluded and you move on to ivf there is a chance they can develop into hydros and can hurt implantation i kept saying to my dr. over and over "If it doesn't look good take the tubes! And if you take one you might as well take the other because I am doing ivf anyway!!!!" The fact that I woke up with one tube gave me hope that it really is a good working tube because I practically forced the doctor to take both of them!! haha!

I wish my mil was here be a lot easier. She passed on from cancer 11 years ago before dh I got together ( we were friends in school tho). He was an only child so there are many days when he still needs to grow up. If she was here he'd have a foot in his behind nd testing wouldn't have taken as long as it has.

KC - That is a funny story "Dont take my tubes"! I was the exact opposite. Because I heard that when your tubes are occluded and you move on to ivf there is a chance they can develop into hydros and can hurt implantation i kept saying to my dr. over and over "If it doesn't look good take the tubes! And if you take one you might as well take the other because I am doing ivf anyway!!!!" The fact that I woke up with one tube gave me hope that it really is a good working tube because I practically forced the doctor to take both of them!! haha!

That is funny. My lap was a diagnostic (OBGYN thought for sure I had endo due to HSG showing no blockage). However, I could not stay off the internet so I freaked out. If my tubes were hydro, I would have them removed. I was borderline annoying when I kept asking him for sure if they were hydro..lol!
I have never heard of occluded tubes becoming hydro- I thought either they were or were not hydrosalpinx. Good to know. My Dr. tell me we have over a 50% chance of ectopic IF we ever achieve conception. :cry:

I sure do wish my state required insurance to cover infertility, with both tubes blocked I don't have much of a chance at having a family. My optional surrogate has her tubes tied, so there is no point in paying for her to have IVF instead of me. Maybe we should start playing the lottery so we could pay for IVF :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->