Severely blocked fellopian tubes and pregnancy

Hi Lilly, thanks for the info.. just as i thought. i wished i've done the BCP route then. I'm also 30 yo so it's too late for that now that I'm actively TTC. Anyway, my cycles used to range from 35-50 days before so maybe I also did preserved some eggs there :haha:.

Stupid question- I have had a light bleed for about 3 days after lap.I had lap on CD9. Should I take this as a period or do I wait for it to show up which is normally a 28 day cycle?

ANNE- Pretty sure it was just a light bleed from your surgery. I had the same light bleed for 3 days after my lap and then suddenly it got VERY HEAVY. My period wasn't due for a couple more days and at first I was confused that maybe it was just from the surgery. However, if I count the heavy bleed as a period than today would be CD 13. So out of curiosity I did an OPK and I just got a positive!! Right on time! SO I guess my period just came a couple days earlier. Do you use opks?

YOU GUYS, TMI but I have been feeling extra frisky for the past 3 days even tho I am still a little tender from the surgery. I have been with my DH for over 6 years so normally BDing seems like kind of a chore since we have been trying for over a year now. It is just amazing that after the surgery my body KNEW before I did that I should be BDing. I am so worried that by waiting to try we are losing time and my one good tube is going to close up before we even get a chance. I know it is for the best we wait because of the fibroid being removed...but it is so frustrating!

Thanks lilly for the reply. Even I think its just a light bleed. I used to use opks but that was last year, stopped using them since I can normally track my ovulation from cm and ov pains. As far as the tubes blocking them up again is concerned- I have just put that thing out of my mind:shrug: The more I think about it,the more I shall stress. When are you going to get that fibroid out? I don't know much but is a fibroid like a cyst? And is it not ok to TTC with a fibroid?

Hello!

Yes, cramps have been steady everyday, they woke me up out of a dead sleep on Thursday too! my cycle is anywhere from 23 days to 30 (depending on when I ovulate). I also have a short Luteal Phase which concerns me. MY OGBYN gave me progesterone pills to take to regulate, but it states not to take them if you are pregnant or trying so I stopped taking them.
In reading my surgical report again, I noticed that he also removed two hemorrgatic cysts on both tubes. That must be where he said the blood was from. A Hemorragtic cyst bleeds into itself which is why I did not get diagnosed with endo. It also explains pain during intercourse and regular pelvic pain (which seems to be gone now). He then used an aragon beam to cut holes in the end of my tubes which left them patent by the end of surgery. I'm dying to know the results of your surgery ladies! We should compare surgical reports (you just need to call and request it).I wanna know how the tubes were opened?
I'm staying positive about the cramps. But I'm so used to AF coming to get me that I don't want to get my hopes up. Day 4 of cramps, slight, but cramps. No tender breasts. 9DPO....I will test on Tuesday if AF does not come. Every time I test, I get her the same day..weird..

LL- I think it's wonderful that your body knows what needs to be done- BD as much as possible once you heal. Keep that libido :)

Anne- Bleeding is normal. I bled lightly 4 days after my lap, it's normal. Thats why you usually wake up with a huge diaper on in the recovery room! ;) They do some major stuff in there. You can always call your Dr. to confirm, mine said it could last a few days or a few weeks. He did say it should not mess with your menses cycle. But, they are not always right. Mine was right on time after my lap. I chart using Fertility Friend and its always pin point my fertile days and when AF comes, luteal phase, etc. I love it. I put in my temps, my fertility monitor readings (OPK), and CM and it does the rest.

Stored eggs...lol...sorry for the confusion. My gf got off BC and got prego right away without trying. Her OBGYN told her it's common for women. I'm turning 35 in October so it's too late for me. I've never been on BC in my life nor have I ever had a scare of a BFP.
I have done research and a friend of mine is doing castor oil packs, maybe you should try that...I've thought about it but it appears it's more for cysts, fibroids, etc. Not high rates of unblocking tubes at distal end, by the uterus it has shown success. It can't hurt to try a little old fashion Chinese Medicine...lol

A fibroid should be removed, IMO. My cousin had one, got it removed, went to Mexico and 2 shots of tequila later was pregnant with her first son.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Hey girls just a little clarification...when I went to get my tubes fixed they found a fibroid on my uterus and a cyst on my ovary - both were removed at the time of my lap and that is why we have to wait 6 weeks to ttc because of the stitches on my uterus where the fibroid once was.

KC- like you I had pelvic pain with intercourse. For me it was probably the fibroid. I feel great now!!!

Hi girls. I haven't been around lately. Trying to occupy my mind lately before urgery. It's hard. I had preop Friday and am hoping to ask as much as possible to be informed

Hi LC! Good luck on your lap! Please let us know how it went. Try not to worry, it's an easy surgery (fast recovery) and you will likely have all your issues fixed and be on your way to achieveing a BFP soon :)

As for me, that *itch AF got me last night so we're gonna have to just keep trying. This will make 3 cycles since my lap and if it doesn't happen, I'm supposed to get another HSG to confirm my tubes closed back up. I am meeting my new RE on May 4th so hopefully she will help guide me to Plan B.

Today, I have also found out about 4 people that are pregnant. That brings the currernt number to 15. It has to get easier, right?
I mean, I'm happy for them, but I'm also sad for myself and my DH, he is not taking it very well. I can't give him a family and that makes me very sad :(

Baby dust to all of you TTC this cycle!

:wave: Lawyer chick! Feel free to ask away.

KC....So sorry AF got you. I know how it feels to feel bad about not being able to give your husband a baby and all your friends and women much older than you getting pregnant without effort. For the most part I try and stay strong and focus on our "plan" or to have one even if it changes constantly. I know it is out of my control, but having a plan seems to keep me focused. Like, even if the surgery wasn't successful and one and only tube is closed again, I know that in 4 months we will be moving on to ivf.

Keep moving forward sister like you are....you are doing everything exactly as you should. It will all work out in the end. I have no doubt we will get our babies!:hugs:

Thanks girls. I just hate the wait. Sigh sigh. I've looked at potential options but it doesn't seem that my clinic does them.
I wasn't shocked when I had my hsg because I have never been pregnant since trying and ESP since dh is ok.
I have a lot of pain issues that include hip upper thigh and bowel which is all cyclical. If it isn't endo I'll be going for some other tests because the chronic pain is ridiculous.

Lawyerchick
Good luck for your lap and as KC says its easy surgery and fast recovery as I have experienced but with great benefits.

KC
Sorry the witch got you. I understand how you feel when you say that you cannot give a family to DH, but I look at things in this way now- God is making it tough for us to get to that moment when we all shall hold our LOs only to make us the best moms in the world, we will probably enjoy motherhood more than anyone who have had it easy(no offense), we will understand its worth for every single moment and would never take a moment of motherhood for granted. I know it is tough for you when you find every body around you getting pregnant, but I truly and sincerely believe we all shall get that magical BFP.

Awe, thanks for the words of encouragment, ladies.
Yesterday was a crappy day for me. Today, I booked a "Booze Cruise" for DH and I to go with all our friends end of September, so it would not be a good idea to get pregnant right before that..lol :) We both need to get away and escape the daily hustle & bustle of working, school, and stress of infertility. DH is depressed and it hurts to see him upset, sometimes I think he wants a baby more than I do.
We will all get what we wish for some day. And when we do, we certainly will appreciate what we have cause it took so long to get it! You are so right, Anne.

It is in God's hands whether or not we become parents at this point. I have faith he will not disappoint.

Thanks Anne- Your post made me cry happy tears. I KNOW I will be a better mother than I would have been because of this journey.

LChick- I had issues with pain as well and through my lap they discovered Fibroids which were removed. Best of luck. I would be sure to let your lap surgeon know that if there are any other issues happening that he/she should clear them up then and there. I know girls who have had laps where they were diagnosed and then have to have another lap to take care of the problem because their sureon didn't take care of the first time. Although the lap was fairly easy compared with other surgeries- I would NOT want to have another one unnecessarily!

KC- Booze cruise sounds awesome. DH and I were going to plan a trip to wine country this summer (we have friends in Sonoma). I'm bummed we are putting it on hold for bubs making!

KC Yayyyyyyyy for "booze cruise":winkwink: I am always in for holidays, what we have under our control is the present and I believe in making the best of it so that I don't regret later. This will be a very good break for you I bet and you never know things happen when you expect it the least:winkwink: Good luck:flower:

Lilly Correct me if I am wrong but if you are done with your laproscopy and all follow-up appointments with your doc, then I think it would be okay to go for a holiday. DH and I started actively ttc-ing around sept/oct'10. Starting from then till Oct'11 we travelled so much for holidays. I was initially depressed that I wasnt getting a BFP and then DH started planning for these holidays. His plan was if I am supposed to get a BFP, then I will but we cannot wait for it and delay things that we can do now. Please do not get me wrong, I am sure you must be having other compulsions for not going for a holiday now.Now when I look back at the last two years all I have is fond memories from our holidays which kind of overshadows the underlying sadness of 'infertility'. We travelled across USA from New York and Niagara Falls to LA,Las Vegas,Grand Canyon,Colorado,Michigan and the likes :D Since November'11 we started actively diagnosing our problem and hence we cannot go for holidays now :( Though we are booked for one in May, we will have to cancel it for my hydrotubation sessions:dohh:

My post became too long but I just want to lift all your spirits up ladies. I am in the same boat and I know how painful infertility can be. I used to be this depressed person about a year back but all my gloom was dispelled due to the super optimism of my DH. We all deserve a baby more than anybody else and we all shall reach to that point but we should not forget that before being a mom, we all have our own entity, our own needs, our own time and we all should utilise it to the fullest. Good luck ladies and keep the PMA:flower:

Hello girls, room for a little one!!? I am due to have my second Lap on 21st of May this time to try and unblobck my left tube and to remove my right tube! Anyone had a salpingectomy? We also have male factor so will be doing IVF once I have had my surgery. Good Luck to all you girls xx

Hi Howley!
Welcome! I had my right tube removed and they opened my left tube during my lap. Since we do not have male factor, I will be trying naturally for the next 6 months, after that we will move on to IVF since I am almost 37...time is of the essence for me!

Anne- Yeah we were going to plan a trip to wine country but we cancelled that because what good is wine country if you can't drink wine? haha. The other thing that is stopping us is the fact that if ttc doesn't work out we are moving on to ivf in 6 months which is a huge expense. All in all it will cost $30,000. (A package that includes 3 fresh and 3 frozen cycles). So we need to save our money for that!! If I get pregnant naturally we will go on a massive holiday to celebrate!

Lilly how was your recovery from the salpingectomy, I had a Lap before and the recover was fine, just wondered if there would be a difference this time? also did you have it done Laparscopic and how many incisions did you have? or did you have to have a Laparotamy I am so worried they will have to cut me open? So many questions, I will have a pre-op this time so at least I will be able to get all my concerns out. X

It was my first and only lap. Originally they were going in to unblock both tubes, as the hsg said both were blocked. Once they got in there they realized that my right tube was not worth saving so they removed it laparascopically. I had 4 incisions. 1 in belly button, 1 small on the right and left side (like by your ovaries), and one above the pubic bone. They also found a fibroid and ovarian cyst they removed. Originally my recovery was nly supposed to be one week, but due to the fibroid and cyst I was off work for 2 weeks.

I am now at the start of week 4 after my lap and I feel totally normal. My scars from the operation are virtually non-existant..like pencil tip marks. The one above pubic bone is more noticable.

You will be fine, and your recovery should take about a week. Double check with your doctor but I think that is right.

Also, I was going to add that I didn't feel any pain from where they did the salpingectomy. All my pain and recovery was from the fibroid they removed. The will absolutely not have to cut you open and your recovery should be a breeze.

MrsHowley

Welcome and good luck for your lap.

Lilly

I am rooting for a natural bfp for you hun. 30k$ is so much money, is your insurance going to cover infertility? You will be in my prayers hun that you soon get a natural bfp and then go for this grand holiday to celebrate:flower: Think good things and they will happen and vice versa. I know its easier said than done considering the rough road we are all travelling, but it doesn't hurt to be optimistic eh? When can you start ttc again?

AFM Today's exactly 2 weeks after my lap and I am absolutely up and about now. Hopefully things will go well from here:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->