Sex after pregnancy...

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Steph_anie, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Steph_anie

Steph_anie Mom of one and counting

I wasn't sure where to post this thread so I just chose this place.

I just had my first baby 5 weeks ago and I had to be cut by the doctor. Does it hurt to engage in sex again? I tried to and it felt very tight down there. And it was painful when my husband tried to go in. In the end i just said " not tonight" Is this normal will it go away?

2. Braven05

Braven05 Mommy to Avery <3

I didn't have a cut but I had a 2nd degree tear...lots and lots of stitches...and some scar tissue afterwards. We DTD at 6 weeks PP and it wasn't bad...but we used LOTS of lube...I was (and still am) sort of tender down there where the tear was..so each time we DTD we need extra lube. Maybe that will help? It has gotten better as time has gone on.

3. ttc_lolly

ttc_lolly Mum to 3 girls :)

I think the ''tightness'' and uncomfortable feeling comes from being a bit too weary and scared to enjoy it. So I'd suggest using lube as well for the first time or so too :thumbup:

4. leahsbabybump

leahsbabybump Mummy to 3

it was about 6 weeks before we dtd but it still hurt it still fels a bity tight down there now tbh just around the opening i didnt get cut but had bad tears

5. Kians_Mummy

Kians_Mummy Mummy to Kian & an angel

Plenty of lube as the others have said.
    I DTD with OH 9 days after DS and was so painful, tried again after 12 days with lots of lube which was better.

6. Steph_anie

Steph_anie Mom of one and counting

Thanks everyone! I will keep the lubricant in mind!

7. Maman

Maman Guest

i was wonderign about this, but i had a section. do you have to wait long?

8. TaraxSophia

TaraxSophia Guest

Me and the OH DTD about 6 weeks after having soph and we used lots of lube and all was fine, but i didnt tear or have to be cut :flower: hope it gets better!

9. Sideways 8

Sideways 8 2 toddlers

I'm also wondering because DH and I haven't DTD since June and we have a date set for Wednesday where his mom will watch LO.. we totally plan to try this. Sounds like a stop at the pharmacy for lube! I had a 4th degree tear though, hope its not too painful as I'm feeling awfully randy!! LOL

10. Evies_mommy

Evies_mommy Member

I had a horrible episiotomy and it hurt for a while. I had a breech baby vaginally:( I just had to use a lot of lube and take it slow & every time it got a little easier. I'm almost 12 weeks pp & it's still sore sometimes. Good Luck