Sex after pregnancy...

Steph_anie

Mom of one and counting
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this thread so I just chose this place.

I just had my first baby 5 weeks ago and I had to be cut by the doctor. Does it hurt to engage in sex again? I tried to and it felt very tight down there. And it was painful when my husband tried to go in. In the end i just said " not tonight" Is this normal will it go away?

I didn't have a cut but I had a 2nd degree tear...lots and lots of stitches...and some scar tissue afterwards. We DTD at 6 weeks PP and it wasn't bad...but we used LOTS of lube...I was (and still am) sort of tender down there where the tear was..so each time we DTD we need extra lube. Maybe that will help? It has gotten better as time has gone on.

I think the ''tightness'' and uncomfortable feeling comes from being a bit too weary and scared to enjoy it. So I'd suggest using lube as well for the first time or so too :thumbup:

it was about 6 weeks before we dtd but it still hurt it still fels a bity tight down there now tbh just around the opening i didnt get cut but had bad tears

Plenty of lube as the others have said.
I DTD with OH 9 days after DS and was so painful, tried again after 12 days with lots of lube which was better.

Thanks everyone! I will keep the lubricant in mind!

i was wonderign about this, but i had a section. do you have to wait long?

Me and the OH DTD about 6 weeks after having soph and we used lots of lube and all was fine, but i didnt tear or have to be cut :flower: hope it gets better!

I'm also wondering because DH and I haven't DTD since June and we have a date set for Wednesday where his mom will watch LO.. we totally plan to try this. Sounds like a stop at the pharmacy for lube! I had a 4th degree tear though, hope its not too painful as I'm feeling awfully randy!! LOL

I wasn't sure where to post this thread so I just chose this place.

I just had my first baby 5 weeks ago and I had to be cut by the doctor. Does it hurt to engage in sex again? I tried to and it felt very tight down there. And it was painful when my husband tried to go in. In the end i just said " not tonight" Is this normal will it go away?

I had a horrible episiotomy and it hurt for a while. I had a breech baby vaginally:( I just had to use a lot of lube and take it slow & every time it got a little easier. I'm almost 12 weeks pp & it's still sore sometimes. Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->