Sex - Ovulation - Missed Pill. Should I be concerned about pregnancy?

Blondie101

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am currently not actually trying to get pregnant, there was no where to post these concerns so I figured here would be most appropriate.
Even though I am clucky my partner and I decided we would wait until we are financially stable to try for children so I am on the pill.

The pill I'm on is a 28 day minipill called Noriday which only allows a three hour margin of error in taking it everyday. It thickens the cervical mucus but doesn't stop ovulation in half of the women who take it (it states this on the instructions of the packet).

I take the pill at the same time everyday. The times I have taken the pill an hour or two hours late I get breakthrough bleeding so I assume that means my body is quite sensitive to it.

Anyway I had sex of the 13th of June, ovulated on the 15th (yes I'm sure) and missed one of my minipills on the 17th by just over 5 hours.

Do you think I could get pregnant from this?
I would appreciate any comments. Thank - you! :flower:

Have you had intercourse since you ovulated? I think it's highly unlikely you're pregnant because the egg only lasts 12-24 hours once you've ovulated, so as long as you are correct about the day you ovulated, you should be fine (anything's possible, though!)

Thanks for your comment, it is nice to have other peoples opinions.
No I haven't had sex since.

Before I say anything, woman have a 25% chance each month to get pregnant.

Now if you had sex on the 13, and ovulated on the 15 (which how do you know this by, do you chart?). Your cervical fluid could have been very 'sperm friendly' lets say. As anyone who charts cervical fluid, knows that a few days before ovulation and few days after ovulation you have "fertile CM" which means sperm friendly!

Now, that hard part of answering this question is, you have a chance at being pregnant, you sure do, whether you had sex pre-O or Post O. The reason I say this is because semen can live up to 5 days in a woman's uterus waiting for the egg, in ideal conditions at the right time of the month, if their is fertile friendly CM to help the sperm get to the uterus.

So yes, you do have a chance of being pregnant, but again that chance is only a 25% could go any which way. But the possibility of it is, there. If you ovulated the 15th, you can probably test by the 29th, if AF hasn't showed her face.

Thanks for your reply it was helpful.
Well at the moment my periods and ovulation are out of wack because I am fairly new to the minipill (meaning I can't chart ovulation currently) so I have been trying to pay very close attention to my body telling me when my period is about to start and when I'm ovulating. So I have looked at cervical mucus, ovulation pains, just feeling like I'm ovulating and asking my boyfriend (pheromones etc.) I'm absolutely positive I was ovulating.

If you want to chart your ovulation (which you can do even being new to the minipill) which is actually one of the best ways. Is to pick up a basal thermometer, and take your temps when you wake up.

Check out this link to get information on charting, way more information on cervical mucus and even your cervical position at pin pointing ovulation.

(Go under the education tab to charting course)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->