• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shabutie's September Shindig... We are now Mr and Mrs SANG!!

Ah, well this is my dress:

https://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab287/Shabutie0609/Wedding%20Planning/WeddingDress.jpg

In colour clover.

Yeah the BM dress I have gone for is great if you have a bit of a tummy, that way all the ruching (sp) hides it a bit. My BM is super skinny, but when I ordered them, I had 2 larger BM's (long story) so it worked well.

I shall look at those dresses you mentioned later. Just off for a BM dress fitting!

:flower:

Well, all went smoothly.

I forgot my camera so couldnt take any pics, but it fit perfect. Just needs to alter the halterneck strap part by a tiny bit. And the dress wont need to be taken in at the hem, meaning I can save £45 :happydance:

We are going back 6th June for the last fitting. I am really pleased, she has taken the dress from a size 18 to 8/10 and it looks perfect, you wouldnt be able to tell. It's costing £70 altogether! So just mine to go, which I am hoping wont cost too much!

Also, the lady is going to see if she can sell my spare BM dresses at this thing she is going to on the weekend. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that they do sell.

Glad the fittin went well hun. Your dress is gorgeous!! I dont usually like dresses with colour but that looks soo classy and really lovely xxx

Just thinking (after readind a post Mynx made in her journal) do you think I need to provide little goody bags to keep the kids occupied a bit?

These are the ages of the children comming: 3,3,3,4,6,12 and then a few babies, with the oldest being 14 months.

I hadnt thought about it before tbh.

Tis completely up to you hun... I'm only getting busy bags for the kids that are going to be at the meal (4 in total, so not expensive at all) so it will keep them occupied for while the speeches are going on :thumbup: The kids that are coming in the evening will be occupied enough with the music, lights and dancing :haha:

If you did decide to get them tho, there's a couple of cheaper ones on Ebay too, I think they're around the £3 mark and the bags come filled and you can get them personalised too with the date of your wedding and your names on :D

I am gettin them goody bags so they dont get bored and disruptive during things like the speeches. They dont cost much hun xxx

Thanks girls, I might look into it, we dont have many kids, but maybe the lights and music will keep them occupied.

I really want to buy Amara's dress, but I think it will be best to wait until as close to the date as possible, so that it fits perfect!

https://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wc...0424880_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Kids~Girls+dresses

What do you guys think of this dress ^ and maybe (somehow) add a green sash to match our colour scheme.

with these shoes?
https://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wc...880_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Kids~Shoes+&+boots

And then a pair of white tights.

Dresses are so difficult for a 8 month old! :wacko:

My aunty just came across this dress, OMG I really love it. I can just imagine Amara in it now, and it looks more weddingy then the other one.

What do you all think?

Attachments

• amaras dress.jpg
    amaras dress.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 5
I really like the first dress, but I do prefer the second one, it's adorable! I reckon Amara would look just toooooooo gorgeous in it! And I LOVE those little shoes! :cloud9:

I really like the first dress, but I do prefer the second one, it's adorable! I reckon Amara would look just toooooooo gorgeous in it! And I LOVE those little shoes! :cloud9:

I love both, but I think the second would make her stand out. I just dont know if those shoes will go with the dress, what do you think? I adore the little shoes. its really hard to find white shoes and not ivory.

Or this dress?

Oh now im finding them all, i cant decide. lol

Attachments

• Amaras dress1.jpg
    Amaras dress1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 2
Oooo I like that one too! x

Thinking of getting OH an engraved watch as a wedding present!

Thinking along the lines of something like these. But I think it'll be best to go into the store to check they can get engraved.

Attachments

• pauls watch.jpg
    pauls watch.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 1
  • pauls watch1.jpg
    pauls watch1.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1
  • pauls watch2.jpg
    pauls watch2.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1
Aww I love the 2nd dress!! Mainly because its incredibly similar to the one I have for Claire, so rather partial. :blush: The other two are adorable as well! Sorry I'm not much help! I love little girl dresses.

Love the watch idea! :thumbup:

Had bit of a melt down at my mum's. We were talking about my hen night, and I just cant seem to sort things out. Then it progresses onto the actual wedding, and I burst out crying because it all seems to be falling apart! 1 bridesmaid left, OH family dont mention the wedding, everything seems to need to be done last mintue, OH isnt here to help sort out church stuff... the list goes on.

I know it will all work out, but when I dont have OH to fall back on it's really difficult, it's like im planning a wedding all on my own.

It is only 15 weeks and 6 days to go, which really doesnt sound like that much at all, and I have so many things that I need to do, maybe I should write them all down here, and keep track, and mark off when I have done it. I dunno. :sad1:

Wrote out the monthly cheques to the DJ and Car man this morning so will get them sent off tomorrow.

Decided to pay for things monthly, like the church, car, DJ and reception hall, to make everything that little bit easier. I also like the idea of not having huge outstanding bills so close to the big day :thumbup:

Definately write a list hun and then you can work through it and mark things off. I find when i have so much to do and don't have a definate plan of what to do first i end up stressed and just not doing anything coz doing it all seems so daunting! :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->