Shabutie's September Shindig... We are now Mr and Mrs SANG!!

Thanks guys! :hugs:

I got the wrapping paper in Tesco as it was reduced! So happy with the presents. I got my dad a crystal whisky glass engraved for £14.99, on special offer. And it really feels and looks way more expensive then it actually was. SAme with the Usher and Best Mans bottle opener, alot more chunkier then expected, and deffo looks more then what we paid for it!

Off out round a friends for a little gathering! Wahoo, time to chill. Also, got a letter this morning saying we are entitiled to Tax credits, so I think we will only need to borrow £200 off my mum, maybe less then that! :happydance:

Your presents look so pretty!

Not long to go now, you better be sticking around once you are a wifey!! I still need help lol!!

x

Your presents look so pretty!

Not long to go now, you better be sticking around once you are a wifey!! I still need help lol!!

x

I know its so scary to think how close it is all getting! 54 days left! :wacko:

Ahh Im sure I will. I want to see everyones wedding pics and help out if I can!

So my mum actually gave us our wedding present today, £1000. I asked if we could use £200 from it, to help pay off the food, and she just gave it all to us, and said we can use it all to help with the wedding, or keep the remaining for after! I so love my parents! I feel a bit more relaxed now about everything. And tomorrow im going round my nans, and mum, me and nan are all gonna get cracking with some more wedding favour boxes! :happydance:

So another spanner in the works!

Oh Nan is no longer comming. We got a card this morning (just addressed to OH) saying that as much as she loves him, she does not feel she can attend the wedding, but wishes him well in the future! :saywhat:

Now I think this is all because I dont get on with OH mum (her daughter) and OH's mum has been talking to his Nan about everything that has been going on between us. We are currently not talking, and when they came round last week, i didnt talk to them, but I had a chat with his dad, and MIL was overhearing bits.

Im trying to look on the positive side, and think, Oh well its you thats missing out, but I just feel so bad for OH. No one on his side has shown any interest in the wedding, and since we have got together all he has had is a moaning mum and dad, trying to split us up, and tell him how he is making mistake!

On the plus side, should gegt a few more favour boxes out the way by tonight :happydance:

MrHB's nan isn't coming either. She lives up north with her dog (who happens to be the most important thing in her life, even though its an ungly scraggly thing!) She doesnt want to travel because she doesnt want to leave her dog. Fair enough, old people get so attached to their animals after their beloved has died. I do get on with MIL very well and I met his nan for the first time a few weeks back and she told MIl that she really liked me. Apart from two cousins, his only famiyl at the wedding will be his mum, stepdad and brother, no one else gave a crap.

It is sad and upsetting but as you say- its their loss. He's invited lots of friends instead. x

Aww sorry to hear that hun :hugs: But I agree with you and HB.. it's their loss!

I only have my dad and his wife and my Aunt and her husband coming to the wedding on my side of the family because all my cousins etc are complete twats! The whole day would turn into a complete farce and besides, we had to cut our guest list down because we just couldnt afford to have a big 'do! So it was a case of choosing who we REALLY wanted to be there and who was important to us.
I know I'll have a great day regardless of my waste of space cousins not being there because I have some great friends who I class as my family anyways :) x

Love the gift wrapped pressies! I hadnt even considered doing this for ours, we were just going to hand them out as they are :haha: But looking at yours, I'm feeling the need to get some wrapping done ;)

Hi hun,

I've still got to get my Mum's, Usher's, Best Man's and my Nan's (as she's done LOADS!) presents. Where did you get the whisky glass from??

xx

Hi hun,

I've still got to get my Mum's, Usher's, Best Man's and my Nan's (as she's done LOADS!) presents. Where did you get the whisky glass from??

xx

https://www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk/personalised-crystal-whisky-tumbler.html

Here you go :) I brought it with the presentation box too, which is blue. It really is a lovely gift, and like I said, Looks and feels more expensive then it actually is.

I brought my other girts from here:

https://www.thegiftexperience.co.uk/

My bridesmaid and aunty (who is makiung our cake) have an engraved compact mirror and our ushers and best man have bottle openers, which are engraved. I was very impressed by these, very heavy and expensive looking. Picture doesnt do it justice really. My mum got an engraved photo keyring. I brought my nan and engraved bookmark. She has done lots to help out and reads every night, so it has her name engraved on it. If you want the links to them, i will gladly pass them on. :hugs:

Mynx, I love wrapping presents, and when I saw the paper on offer it was kind of an 'Ah Ha' moment :haha: We have brought the men a cufflinks and sock sets with their titles on 'Groom' 'Usher' Father of Bride' etc... so am tempted to wrap them, and tell the guys to open them before they get dressed.

We have also brought our bridesmaid some jewllery for the day, so they are in like a little white heart box with stuff on it, so she can open them as she is getting ready, and her other gifts (compact mirror and Me2You bridesmaid teddy) will be given out at the reception.

:flower:

:flower:

Hi hun,

xx

https://www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk/personalised-crystal-whisky-tumbler.html

Here you go :) I brought it with the presentation box too, which is blue. It really is a lovely gift, and like I said, Looks and feels more expensive then it actually is.

I brought my other girts from here:

https://www.thegiftexperience.co.uk/

My bridesmaid and aunty (who is makiung our cake) have an engraved compact mirror and our ushers and best man have bottle openers, which are engraved. I was very impressed by these, very heavy and expensive looking. Picture doesnt do it justice really. My mum got an engraved photo keyring. I brought my nan and engraved bookmark. She has done lots to help out and reads every night, so it has her name engraved on it. If you want the links to them, i will gladly pass them on. :hugs:

that'd be a MASSIVE help thankyou! :happydance: xxxx

So... here's me in my dress. It's the first time that I havent wanted to cry in it. And thats not a good cry, its a 'you look fat and horrible' cry, I think it was because I had my hair down... Please dont laugh! :kiss:

Attachments

• P7170668.jpg
    P7170668.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 20
So with 7 weeks to go, we are slowly getting there. Banns are all in place, ready to be read. food will be ordered soon, and the final ideas for hall decorations are vertually in place.

How does this sound? We are now going to use white banqueting roll on the tables with a green organza table runner down the middle, with green scatter crystals/gems scattered around the table with a small vase of white flowers in the middle on the organza runner. There will also be some small silver buckets with mints in them. Probably either side of the vase.

Then yesterday went into M and S and found some ties that were an identical match to our colour scheme. :happydance: So we are now just going to buy everything for the suits. The men wont have a waistcoat, although OH may wear just a plain black one, and have a plain black suit with the green tie and button hole. I think this will look smart enough :thumbup:

I now need to buy some white flat shoes because my dress comes too far off the ground with the shoes I had already brought, but thats no biggie.

We tried Amara's dress on her and its a big too long atm, but hopefully it will be just right time the wedding gets here. Will have to take a picture of her in it tomorrow.

Were slowly getting there! Cant believe how fast its coming rounf! :shock:

Hi hun, been reading your wedding journal, youv'e done fab saving money here and there hope i'll be as thrifty! I think it's going to be beautiful, and you make a very lovely bride indeed!:flower: Btw love the green colour scheme xx

I think it's a lovely dress and that you look gorgeous chick! :thumbup: and I just noticed you started this journal on my wedding day! :haha:

I absolutely love the dress, and you look gorgeous!! Can't wait to see more pics from the wedding :) :)

Hi hun, been reading your wedding journal, youv'e done fab saving money here and there hope i'll be as thrifty! I think it's going to be beautiful, and you make a very lovely bride indeed!:flower: Btw love the green colour scheme xx

Ah thank you, still not 100% in my dress, but I think once its been altered to fit better (needs takling in at the top and around the waist a little) then i'll feel more confortable in it. Yeah im always trying to find a bargain :) Green my fav colour, but god isnt it difficult to get things to match!

I think it's a lovely dress and that you look gorgeous chick! :thumbup: and I just noticed you started this journal on my wedding day! :haha:

Ah how weird is that! And thank you. We didnt have chance to do my makeup, so that will be done next time, and maybe my flowers!

I absolutely love the dress, and you look gorgeous!! Can't wait to see more pics from the wedding :) :)

Thanks hun, well only 7 weeks to go so not a huge wait! Scary stuff! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->