Shakes and passing out

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
Hi ladies. I feel like all I ever write threads for is to complain :haha:
So here I go again lol.

My sickness has finally eased a little and though I am still nauseous it's manageable and I'm able to eat. My problem now is I keep getting the shakes, like my legs go weak and I feel so shaky and out of breath. Eating/having a drink or a rest doesn't help. It just goes eventually.
Last night I actually passed out. Me and OH had watched a film in bed and I'd got up to go to the bathroom then apparently just fell into the door and collapsed. I don't remember obviously, just woke to OH freaking out over the top of me and LO finding it hilarious!
Has anyone had similar or know what the cause may be? Anything I can do to stop it? I think I prefer the sickness. I keep thinking what if that happens again but on the stairs or whilst I'm pouring the kettle for example!

I would go see a doctor. That isn't normal. You might have low blood pressure and need to change your diet is one option. Please be safe and take care of yourself!

I did mention the shakes last week when I went to the doctors thinking I had a UTI. My dip test came back 'inconclusive' so the sample was sent to the lab but I heard nothing back so must be clear. At the time the doctor said that it's probably a side effect of the UTI if I have one or just pregnancy and I need to drink regularly (I am). So I felt silly for bringing it up really.
I see my consultant for the first time on Friday so will mention it to him/her too and hope they take it more seriously.

I would call them back to make sure those test results came back ok. My guess is maybe an issue with either your blood pressure, like the pp said, or possibly even anemia. Don't feel silly for mentioning it and don't let them brush it off... I HATE when you tell doctors about a worrisome symptom and they just say it is "normal" or never provide you with an answer. You should NOT be passing out while pregnant. You could hurt yourself or your baby from falling.

I would be persistent and speak to your doctor about it again, it's not silly at all. It's down right wrong that they didn't pay attention. It could have to do with anemia or your blood pressure, I don't think it would be UTI related.

Agreed keep bugging the doctor because this is not normal. Are you taking a prenatal? My mom had mentioned at my last gyn visit that when she was pregnant with my twin brothers, her doctor never gave her a prenatal/ she forgot to take it. She was passing out/shaky daily. Once she was back on a prenatal, it went away. Doctor thought maybe she wasn't getting enough nutrients.

Agreed keep bugging the doctor because this is not normal. Are you taking a prenatal? My mom had mentioned at my last gyn visit that when she was pregnant with my twin brothers, her doctor never gave her a prenatal/ she forgot to take it. She was passing out/shaky daily. Once she was back on a prenatal, it went away. Doctor thought maybe she wasn't getting enough nutrients.

Actually no I'm not taking anything now. I only had vitamin D and folic acid anyway but the prescription was for up to 12 weeks and it's ran out now. I'm going to ask my consultant tomorrow what's best to take. I have a feeling I'm causing some of it myself by not drinking/eating enough but I'm finding both so difficult.

Yeah lack of food/water with no prenatal might be the cause. But I'm not a doctor hope it gets better soon!

I had this with both my pregnancies although I never actually passed out, I could be just sat watching TV and I'd come over all shakey and start gasping for breath, the only way for it to stop was to lie on floor on my side with a pillow under my head and wait for it to pass. Happened everyday till I was about 6mths. I used to have big problems having scans done and getting the heart beat checked cause I couldn't lay on my back for long without very nearly passing out.
I always had to stop halfway through and sit up and I'd just lean against my husband all shakey and wobbly drinking tons of water till it passed. No one ever said to me it was anything to worry about.

i am not a doctor by any means but i would try to eat at least 1800 calories a day and would drink a 16oz cup of water about every 2 hours till bed time. next prenatal vitamins are going to be your best friend. next go to walmart and buy a cheap blood glucose meter and check your blood sugar when you feel shaky. when you feel shaky lay down on your left side that helps with blood circulation to the baby and you and if at all possible try sleeping on your left side as well.
one thing that will help your doctor is taking notes try different things to see if it helps either shortening the shaky spells or stops them and report them to your doctor that will help them come up with a treatment plan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->