Share all your handy tips for mums!

The startle reflex is only a problem when he is sleeping unswaddled. Dex can't sleep more than 20 mins unswaddled as he startles even with no noise and rubs his face which wakes him up...

Instead of scratch mitts when babies are asleep at night use socks, they stay on!!

Yeah I like this thread too, you always learn something new!!

I bought 2 cheap plastic baskets from Wilkinson - one is permanently in the sitting room and the other in the bedroom and each has a packet of nappies, pk of wipes, cotton wool, nappy sacks, baby powder and cream in it as well as a changing mat so that no matter where we are his stuff is there ready for a change.

I also have all of the above packed in his changing bag so we're ready to go out at a minutes notice.

I learnt the thing with the baskets from observing my sister - what NOT to do - whenever she'd change her LO she'd have to get my 9yr old nephew to run about the house fetchng wipes or nappies or whatever. I swore then that I wouldn't do this - apart from the fact that I'm pure lazy :rofl: it just makes better sense:thumbup:

Ive done the same with the plastic box in the living room, its so handy!

This is a great thread :thumbup:

I also ALWAYS change his nappy just before a feed - he doesn't like it though as he has to wait for the boobie lol - but I find he falls asleep at the end of a feed and don't like to disturb him then and I hate to think he's lying asleep in a dirty nappy

I also ALWAYS change his nappy just before a feed - he doesn't like it though as he has to wait for the boobie lol - but I find he falls asleep at the end of a feed and don't like to disturb him then and I hate to think he's lying asleep in a dirty nappy

Wish I could do this, but my LO always always dirties his nappy straight AFTER a feed lmao!! xx

Just remembered one my SIL told me. If you suffer from really bad cracked nipples - the best thing to cure it is breast milk! After a feed rub breast milk over them. Don't use breast pads because they dry them up more, and if ur bra gets wet - all the more better!!

It works - honest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->