Share my story for all of the worried Moms.

Jcliff

Reaction score
I just wanted to try and share my story for all of the worried and afraid moms out there waiting for some good news.
Well, long story short.. I found I was pregnant about 3 weeks ago. Very surprised! My husband and I were not planning on having a third! But we were very excited when we found out the news! Anyway, we had my first US last week, I was supposed to be about 6 weeks. My Dr gave me a transvag US, searched and searched, could not find anything, but a small, empty sac, measuring about 5w or less. This really scared us. He told me not to worry and that his equipment was not great, so he referred us another US place that had better equipment, so we made our way there. Well, that tech didnt really see anything different, again another transvag US with only a small sac, empty, not even a yolk sac. I asked her if maybe using the abdominal US would be easier, since my uterus was SEVERELY tilted back and up high from my last two pregnancies which resulted in two C sections. Well, she sent my information to my OB, he told me didnt look good and to come in for blood work just to make sure my levels are high enough...so thats what I did. 2 days later he calls me and tells me my levels were at about 17,000 and something should have been visible. He told me he will repeat the US in a week. So I went on to deal with a very stressful, sad, worried week. Everytime I used the bathroom i was checking for blood. But never saw anything, not even a dot. I was even dealing with terrible terrible MS all week. I thought I may of had a stomach bug it was so bad.
Anyway, rewind to this morning, its been a week since my US. I go back to the DR office, he gives me another TRANSVAG US and again, says oh no change, nothing in the sac, its still small, but kept stating his equipment was not great but told me it did not look good. He gave me my options and said I can come for a D and C tomorrow, or he can write me a prescription for a pill that would make you miscarry. I opted for the pill, so he wrote me a prescription. While he was writing it out, he saw me starting to gag and hold my stomach, I said SORRY im still really really nauseous. He stopped writing the prescription, and said hey, lets send you to a different facility that has better equipment AGAIN, just to make sure. I said, FINE whatever, I just wanted this torture over so I can move on. So an hour later, I go to the other facility, the US tech was SO sweet, and listened to me and what I was saying. I told her about my uterus and how high and tilted it was, so she said okay lets try and abdominal US just for the hell of it. I said SURE. Well, 2 seconds after she started looking on my stomach, there it was a BABY measuring 7weeks on the dot, with a strong healthy heartbeat of 150bpm. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!!!!!! I almost aborted this miracle!!!! The techs name was Anna, and i told her if i have a girl I will be naming her Anna. She is my angel!!!! :cloud9::happydance:

Wow, what an amazing story!! :)

I'm so happy for you and I'm so glad your doctor kept sending you off for more ultrasounds! Huge props to the ultrasound tech who listened to you - Anna is a lovely name. :)

Praise Jesus you didn't go for the other options and that the doctor thought beyond what he was seeing with his own equipment.
Congratulations. :) That's such an awesome story. I'm glad everything worked out!

Thus goes to show our bodies are our greatest and most trusted friend...machines and people don't apways get it right. I read about this sort of thing happening so many times I almost think that these early scans should sometimes be dismissed when nothing is found with no bleeding/other symptoms etc because how many abortions may have happened without women knowing? Simply because we are trusting a machine and person to tell us what's going on...

I don't mean to have a rant I'm just so relieved for you and scared about what almost happened to you. Thank GOD he had a change of heart. I hope your story encourages more women to stick out early pregnancy, listen to their body and wait a few more weeks until things are clearer.

I know how difficult it is to see a pregnancy sometimes but when your uterus is tilted due to previous births...well....its plain crazy that standard procedure isn't to ask a patient to wait it out as long as possible. Just with your symptoms with the sickness you mentioned a few days ago I just knew it was too good to not be true :)

Take care of yourself and enjoy this miracle hiding within you! Tee hee <3

Thanks all. Leaving for a week of vacation on Saturday. 'Much needed

So happy for you! Been watching out for your update, bet you're so relieved. Hope the rest of your pregnancy runs smoothly now.
And enjoy your holiday! &#128522;

It makes me so angry that doctors do not always listen to their patients! We know our bodies best, so we should be highly trusted when it comes to them!

So happy that you have a beautiful babe in there!

I love this story! I hate your dr was so fast to jump to d/c espnwith all the sickness. H&h 9 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->