Sharp pain

Barefoot baby

Reaction score
I've been getting a sharp pain on my bump, about 4/5 inches to the left of my belly button. It's like a load of pins are being stabbed into my skin I think. It doesn't last long but makes me jump and shout out! It doesn't feel like achey ligament or muscle pain...

Anyone know what causes this? X

I think its little rips in the stomach muscles.
I had veryy tight abs before pregnancy and i was just tiny in general.
My muscles are being stretched to their limits and on days that my belly feels really big, i get these stab pains to the left and right of my belly button. I've talked it off to maybe little muscle fiber tears or something. I've heard many pregnant women complain of this pain to the side of their belly button

I've been getting a similar feeling, but I always think it's LO tugging or poking something she shouldn't. I definitely don't have tight stomach muscles and am in no way small, so I doubt mine is from muscle tears. I sometimes think it might be the skin stretching, too. Whatever it is, I don't think it's anything to worry about, at least not for me, but like with everything, if you're really worried about it, call your mw or ob, if for no other reason than just for assurance that it's normal.

Ooooh thanks girls, I was actually experiencing this on the right hand side. Not down low like rlp but higher up. Now that kind of makes sense what you're saying that it might be the muscles stretching that never had to stretch before x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->