Sharp pinching pains... ovulation?

greats

Mommy!
Reaction score
Hi ladies! So my fiance & I have started TTC #1 again this month. January and April of this year we had miscarriages just before 6 weeks, so we took a 6 month break.

For the past 2 years, I have been getting these very sharp pinching pains near my right ovary, every month from the time of ovulation to the onset of AF. They come and go from day to day but it is only between ovulation & AF and only near my right ovary.

I've talked to my ob/gyn about this and he has just said it's a cyst every month. My normal family doctor says ovulation pains. But sometimes they get REALLY painful, like I curl into a ball & cry from the pain.

Does anyone else experience this?

I sometimes get O pains. When I first started getting them the pain was so bad I thought I had appendicitis. It doesn't happen every month though.

I've never experienced horrific pain as you describe, but a dull, crampiness yes. Much like mild AF cramps. Hoping this site might shed some light:
https://www.babyhopes.com/articles/painful-ovulation.html

I have also been experiencing pain around my ovaries for the past 2 months, was wondering what is causing the pain, recently diagnosed with pcos. Can anybody help!

Hi ladies! So my fiance & I have started TTC #1 again this month. January and April of this year we had miscarriages just before 6 weeks, so we took a 6 month break.

For the past 2 years, I have been getting these very sharp pinching pains near my right ovary, every month from the time of ovulation to the onset of AF. They come and go from day to day but it is only between ovulation & AF and only near my right ovary.

I've talked to my ob/gyn about this and he has just said it's a cyst every month. My normal family doctor says ovulation pains. But sometimes they get REALLY painful, like I curl into a ball & cry from the pain.

Does anyone else experience this?

Every single month since I turned 21 :) I was rushed to ER the first time because my dorm mates thought my appendix were bursting! Always the right side, every month unless i'm on BCP. I've always been regular cycles (28 days), can count them like clockwork. I have never had any midcycle bleeding and don't have painful periods. It's my Mittelschmerz that just gets me every.single.month!

Thanks so much everyone! I feel a little better. Italianqtpie, I started getting these pains when I was 21 as well! Not once had them before that. I'll just agree that they're ovulation pains like my regular doctor has mentioned, & stick to that! haha

O can cause pain, for sure!! I've always had some, but I had some really bad ones last spring for two reasons: one was that I hyperovulated one month, the other was because I had some blockage and other things that needed to be cleared out-- caused the eggs to have a hard time bursting through, and to stick on their way down/get blocked. OUCH!! So, baby 321 I know now that PCOS and hyperovulation can cause painful Os.

But, all that said: yep, normal Os can cause cramping or pulling or pain for sure!

I have a question???? I just ended my period about a little over a week ago or maybe not even :) sorry anyhow I have normal watery discharge (the kind that makes you feel like you let out some pee in your undies) :) yeah I am sorry for the details just am so confused okay so back to my question.......I had a pinching pain the night before last near my ovary now please tell me I didnt miss my opp to get pregnant and that I already ovulated. :( Is it my ovary just getting ready or maybe a cyst which I hope thats not it. Thank you ladies :)

Ok I know this post is eons old, but was actually really helpful, thank you! I've been getting the sharp pinching pains in my right side as well. Just started a few months ago. I thought it was something serious, since I'm young and normally healthy. The urgent care doc wasn't sure what it was (I was negative for everything in urine tests), but their 'best guess' is that it was a small kidney infection, so they prescribed antibiotics. But then the pain came back a month later. I never thought to check if it lined up with my cycle/ovulation, but it perfectly does. So perhaps little cysts or just egg releasing. It's relieving to know, thank you! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->