She can only manage 2 hours awake!

debralouise

Mummy to Grace and Jack x
Reaction score
Is this normal? After 2 hours she is so grotty and rubs her eyes.
She has about 40 mins and then she's fine.

Is this ok? and how do I keep her awake longer as we can't get much done when she needs to nap every 2 hours!

xx xx

It is normal for many babies, whereas others are awake most of the day. Chase is rather like this too.

Funny, most mothers want their babies to nap so that they can get things done. :rofl:

You're right, when I talk about it people say exactly the same but she won't always go in her cot so I'm then stuck to the sofa cuddling her and watching sex and the city for 40 mins or so! Oh the hardship! :rofl:

Just not sure how to keep her up a little longer when she's so tired and grotty xx

You really cant keep them up lol trust me if there tired they can sleep right then and there and not have a care in the world ..most babies sleep allot because there growing it takes allot of energy out of them :)

Hannah sometimes is up only an hour before getting tired, sometimes 1.5 hours, very rarely 2 hours.

I used to have to hold her all day during her naps as well, it's only very recently that we've been able to get her to go down in her crib :)

yip, perfectly normal. My LO is the same, and sometimes its only 1.5 hours, except for his last period of being awake when i try to get him to 3 hours before bedtime. .

It's very hard for me to put Lola down in her basket.Mostly she naps in my lap or in her bouncer chair and not more than 45 minutes.Don't know what to suggest. :hugs:

London loves to nap in her swing- usually every two hours or so. Of course, she prefers to sleep on mommy's chest but if I swaddle her she will go down in her bassinet.

Well thanks ladies, I'm glad it's not just me and that Grace is normal with this napping pattern. I suppose she'll change when she no longer needs to nap every 2 hours. You've put my mind at rest xx xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->