She is NOT ready. (Baby Led Weaning anyone?)

S

Serene123

I told my mum Caitlyn wasn't ready but she insisted on me trying to give her some baby rice. She hated the spoon, hated the rice, hated eating, and didn't want it!! I think she will just never take a spoon. Is BLW for babies that won't take food off a spoon?

I don't want to give her food yet, just wondering about when the time comes.

I thought baby led weaning was more about not saying 'right they must be on stage 2 by x months old'. I think maybe if at 6 months she is refusing the spoon then it might just be that she doesn't like it but until then, it might just be that she isn't ready to have anything other than milk (and rusks!) I have to say I was very surprised that Alasdair liked the spoon.

im going with the flow with jack im wesning him when he shows an interestand the boobie isnt satisfying him xx

Baby led weaning is when you only give fingerfoods and the baby feeds themself from the start.

Max didnt like the spoon at 3 months old but now hes liking it a bit better

Here is an old thread on baby led weaning which has some useful information in it.

I started Aaron off like this as he got very ill after having purees and then refused to be spoon-fed. Since then we've gone back and introduced spoon feeding as well. I discovered that he would eat from a spoon if and only if he was allowed to help hold the spoon, so perhaps that might help. Anyway, good luck with it when she's ready.

Maybe try giving her it to play with, also let her see u eating with spoons etc.

i'm sure she'll be ok with the spoon when the time for weaning for caitlyn is right :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->