Sheffield, South Yorkshire

folly- im doing childcare at our sure start centre and they open the creche for us, the gov pays for 6 babies and toddlers to be in there so its first come first served, luckily i got my name top of the list and have discovered tha my ungrateful child doesnt even miss me and loves being in creche! I might as well go back to bloody work!!

Ah I wonder if that's what they mean then! We were all thinking we didn't have anyone to pay for childcare to start with!

Is there slink to a web page and do we fancy a meet up next week?

I am up for meeting anywhere anytime :) were easy :) just let me know xx

Fridays are good for me, I usually try to get to soft play then, what about hydrakids at ecclesfield? We go there quite often and it has a really nice baby/toddler area that's totally apart from the big kids bit so doesn't get 'raided' as much. Not sure how much it is for older kids but for under 1s it's free.

North Sheffield, near chapeltown, it's just off junction 4 of the m1

I live in high green which is near it and I once had it described as the furthest h you can go in Sheffield before you're in Barnsley. I know its out of the way for most tho so I'd understand if its a no go.

https://www.hydrakids.co.uk/

The address is on there.

Hi,

It's somewhere we could consider going forwards? For ease and central-ness does any-one fancy here at 2.30 tomorrow?

https://www.themegacentre.com/directions/

It's handy for tram and has plenty of parking.

X

Has anyone got any recommendations for baby/toddler groups on Tuesdays and Friday mornings in south Sheffield? Back to work this week and I'll be working on the days of the groups we go to at the moment :-(

Meet today postponed due to illness.

I looked for groups on asksid but haven't been to any yet!

X

We went to Peekaboos in Norton Lees on wednesday mornings, which is a fantastic group, especially for babies, but unfortunately I will be working on wednesdays, so we can't go to that one anymore - I'm absolutely gutted. We also went to one on Thursday mornings (we've been going to this one since he was 6 weeks old), but I'll be working Thursdays as well. We've also had to stop going to baby massage on Fridays because he won't stay still now, so all our groups have stopped all at the same time :-(

There is one at the springwater centre in hackenthorpe at 9.30 on a Friday morning which another mum told me is friendly although I've not been. There are rhytmn and rhyme sessions at beighton children's centre and also runaround play centre on a Friday morning (the latter is at 11am and is free entry for under ones but I don't find it somewhere you get chatting to other mums although my daughter likes the singing)

I imagine there are other baby groups at children's centres in the area, I still go to a breastfeeding one on a Tuesday, there is the nct group but that's in nether edge and (in my opinion only) seems more somewhere people who already know each other go to meet up..

There is one at the springwater centre in hackenthorpe at 9.30 on a Friday morning which another mum told me is friendly although I've not been. There are rhytmn and rhyme sessions at beighton children's centre and also runaround play centre on a Friday morning (the latter is at 11am and is free entry for under ones but I don't find it somewhere you get chatting to other mums although my daughter likes the singing)

I imagine there are other baby groups at children's centres in the area, I still go to a breastfeeding one on a Tuesday, there is the nct group but that's in nether edge and (in my opinion only) seems more somewhere people who already know each other go to meet up..

Someone else mentioned the Rhythm and Rhyme one to me, but only mentioned Beighton and I couldn't find where exactly - I'll give the children's centre a call then. Thank you!

Hiya, thought I'd pop in and say hello - I'm from South Yorkshire, Rotherham :) x

Hello & congrats,

Only 2 days ago you got BFP how exciting. Where abouts in Rotherham are you, we normally meet nearer Sheffield but have met a couple of times at Swallownest pool and a play center in that direction!

X

Hello & congrats,

Only 2 days ago you got BFP how exciting. Where abouts in Rotherham are you, we normally meet nearer Sheffield but have met a couple of times at Swallownest pool and a play center in that direction!

X

Hello!

Congratulations!

Thank you :)

I'm from Maltby in Rotherham... Can't say I've heard of them places - I don't drive so probably why lol :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->