She's started waking every 60 mins - why

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by TTC LADY, Dec 18, 2009.

1. TTC LADY

TTC LADY Well-Known Member

LO used to sleep for 3 - 4 hour intervals through the night, however for the last 3 nights she's started waking every 60 mins through the entire night.

She struggles to self settle, and if I leave her to cry for too long she fully awakes herself, but as soon as I pick her up, she falls straight back to sleep, which means a very restless night for me.

We've not changed her routine, so i'm at a loss of what to do,

Anyone else go through this at around 4 months or have any tips on how to get her back to sleeping longer

2. Annaspanna

Annaspanna Mummy2Lyla x

My little one has been like this for the last 4/5 days, I think itsa big growth spurt at this age and I'm hoping that it will soon settle down, just try to carry on as normal and hopefully it will improve. maybe you could try feeding a little more frequently? My LO seems to want feeding every 2 1/2 to 3 hours at the moment! xxx

3. TTC LADY

TTC LADY Well-Known Member

Glad i'm not only one. Do they have a 4 month growth spurt. Re feeding she's still drinking every 4 hrs but is taking more than previous.

4. Annaspanna

Annaspanna Mummy2Lyla x

yep i'm hoping that if I feed her more i n the day she'll go longer at night xx

5. mumof2girls

mumof2girls Well-Known Member

I could have written that post myself because my LO is exactly the same for about a week now and shes nearly 8 months. I think its just a phase and she goes back to sleep quite quickly but before you know it shes up again lol x

6. sapphire20

sapphire20 Olivia & Alex <3

I went through this about 2 weeks ago...felt like it was never going to end but since then she only wakes once at around 3am.

7. Danielle

Danielle Well-Known Member

that is an exact description of my LO, o just had to ride it out n it eventualy went away n she only wakes a few times now

8. becstar

becstar Sleep is for the weak

Ilana wakes a lot more now and won't/can't self settle... leaving her or patting and shushing etc just riles her even more! GAH! I thought it was the 3 month growth spurt as it started then but now maybe the 4 month one has merged into the last one!

9. lalaland09

lalaland09 Well-Known Member

LO did this about 2 1/2 weeks ago for almost 2 weeks straight. Last night we noticed he got his first tooth! Now he's back to waking once at 4am.

10. RyleighsMommy

RyleighsMommy Mother of 1 and expecting

My LO has been doing this for about 2wks as well...Im hoping that its just a tooth coming in, shes drooling a lot and "gumming" her fingers a lot. I know Im exhausted thats for sure!!! :sleep:

11. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

Its a growth spurt :) expect them at around 3, 4, 6, 8 and 12 months!